You only have five hours...

edited June 2022 in General

If you only had five hours to live from this moment right now, with your current day, location, job, relationships, finances, etc., how would you realistically spend that time?

No magical powers or genie wishes, no teleportation or windfall of cash, just five hours left from this moment. Go!

Special thanks to @cuddles_ndream for inspiring this question.

~ Sunset Snuggles

Comments

• I would put my dog in the car, go pick up my boyfriend from work, and drive to watch the sun set over the most majestic mountain range I've ever seen, the Tetons. Then I would have one last spicy dinner in Jackson, call some family and friends, and update my will as quickly as I could. Then tuck onto a park bench to spend my last moments in my boyfriend's arms.

~ Sunset Snuggles

• I’d spend every second with my kids.

• I would probably freak out uncontrollably. Unable to punch down my erupting self pity, I probably would squander an opportunity to fearlessly pursue daredevil things like BASE jumping or solo paragliding. If I had any sense I would do a running flip off of a very tall building, with a selfie camera. I mean, when the time was up.

• This question reminds me of a famous quote from my favorite British philosopher - Benny Hill. He said “Remember, live every day like it’s your last, someday you’ll be right.”

I try to follow those words as best I can so if I knew I only had 5 hours left, I would not feel tremendous pressure to “get my affairs in order.” I would take a few minutes of quiet reflection to prioritize who to call first to and what to say to them to let them know my time is up and that I am at peace with that, that I want them to be at peace with it as well, and that I will love them forever.

• Take a nap.

• edited June 2022

Drop some shrooms, meditate, go out in nature, find a nice creek, eat nihari (with two naan) followed by parisian crepes with just sugar and butter (i've brought the food with me to the creek) listen to some soulful pakistani music, enjoy a glass bottle coke, and finally meditate as the world ends around me.

Edit: I'd also call my enemies and leave some choice words. If you're not being spiteful, are you really living? Also, we can both probably realize the hilarity of continuing a pointless fued as the world ends.

• @MCcuddles2 it I weren’t a mom I’d be riding your coattails on that one to t 🤣

• Aw thanks for the insp. shout out : )

If I had literally 5 hours left … I need to put a spoiler for this … how do I add a spoiler? Lol

• [Deleted User]Snuggluffagus (deleted user)

I would steal a car and well... drive it like I stole it. Fill up the gas tank, drive up to the nearest police station and make sure they chase me. I'm guessing this would all last about five hours. Hopefully a news chopper would catch my final moments as I drive off a cliff with 2 seconds to spare so I die before the car explodes on the ground.

• edited June 2022

I'd get as high as a kite that attached itself to an f15 fighter jet.

• @SCityCuddler Same … Never done cocaine but I think that’s the perfect time & opportunity to do a line off a strippers 🍑

• I'd lay down and go to sleep...permanently.

• @SCityCuddler Same … Never done cocaine but I think that’s the perfect time & opportunity to do a line off a strippers 🍑

@cuddles_ndream it's not all it's cracked up to be, my man

• @MCcuddles2 ive always wondered this … like I always wanted to ask but didn’t know how to ask, like what’s the feeling like … thanks bro 🥂

• @cuddles_ndream We're going to stick more with the green machine and some good ole' shrooms, buddy. I'm also in agreement about the strippers, you're making me add to my list.

@MCcuddles2 You're 100% right about coke not being what it's cracked up to be.

• @MCcuddles2 I got it. 😅

~ Sunset Snuggles

• @SCityCuddler & everyone else here, I hope I’m partying with you guys if we’re down to our last 5 hours on earth 🥳🤪

• I'd spend the time with my adult kids. They mean more to me than anything else in this world.

• @JoyfulHeart I feel the same way about my favorite dishes

• @MCcuddles2 I got it. 😅 @SunsetSnuggles

I finally got it now 😂 (I was having a blonde moment I swear I was a blonde ditsy chick In 1 of my previous lives 🤣)

• First I’d…well you know… and then we’d go out for some All-You-Can-Eat Korean BBQ, get black-out drunk, and then go sing karaoke. To cap off the evening I’d go to a funeral home and climb onto the autopsy table just to save them all some trouble.

• I’ll quickly want to finish some work …

• Softened the title a bit whilst keeping the spirit of the question still. Hope you don't mind OP! 😀

• @Gary No worries, just figured it would grab attention. 😁 But you didn't answer! gasp

~ Sunset Snuggles

• @cuddles_ndream For sure! To put a spoiler, type > and ! next to each other, followed by your essay. 😁 You can test it with the Preview button.

~ Sunset Snuggles

• edited June 2022

Got it ☺️ Ty 🤗

• I would find the most attractive unattached man in the vicinity and have carnal knowledge of him.