Best movie scene ever.

1235»

Comments

• I won’t post spoilers, but my god did John Wick 4 not have 1, but like 4 long and amazing action sequences

• edited March 2023

I find it amusing that anybody can believe that here is such a thing as a "BEST" movie scene.

• @GreatHornedOwl Well, I suppose it is just done in the spirit of the discussion. Perhaps the topic title could have been reworded as 'personal best' or 'favorite', but I would think everyone should just infer that.

• As a dancer, this is still one of my favorites and IMHO one of the best dance sequences in film.

I loved that they recolorized it a few years ago - now when I share it with students it makes it a bit more "real" and easier to connect with, somehow even more timeless. They are still regarded as two of the best dancers of any genre by some of the best dancers of the past TWO centuries, including Gregory Hines, Mikhail Baryshnikov, and Fred Astaire.

Fun fact: the Nicholas Brothers would continue to dance well into the 1990s and early 2000s up until their deaths, albeit sans flying splits after some hip and knee replacements 😂

Fun fact #2: this dance routine was not rehearsed prior to filming, was shot in one take, and is so complex and demanding that most modern choreographers and film directors these days believe it would need to be digitally edited to be fully recreated accurately. THAT is how good they were.

• “These men died for their country… send flowers to them …” lol