The effects of Raising Prices

Hello Fellow Cuddlists!~

I have a question! Does raising your prices mean that the clients you encounter are more respectful? or are most of them attempting to make non-platonic advances? I charge 60 an hour and all of my cuddlers have been wonderful, I only really encountered one weirdo who was trying to essentially "cop a feel". I blocked this person. They also tried to give me more than what I asked for, and immediately that was a red flag. I felt like this person was trying to financially coerce me, but of course, I said no. So randomly asking, does charging people more get rid of people like this? Or will these predatory people still find their way into your arms?

Comments

• Not a pro. Just wanted to mention that predators come in all income classes

• I'm not sure what the experience is like for someone who charges over $200, but I have charged up slowly and you will have people who will try to push your boundaries as low as $60-$100 or more per hour as my personal experience. It is more about finding the quality of the person and finding a reasonable price range to charge the cuddlers. I still found some gems when I upcharged and you have to be good at reading people's context in the messages. It takes some practice and time to distinguish quality cuddlers.

• You'll get less people, but the quality of the people won't change. People go to strip clubs and throw $500+ at the girls like it's nothing.

• I don't think what you charge will impact the quality as much, but my rates have been the same for a while now. What really helped me was charging for a deposit. I find that many people who aren't ideal clients tend to weed themselves out when they find out I require new clients to make a 50% deposit. Before that, I had a lot of time wasters. Another tip is always to collect payment upfront when you arrive at a session so you can leave if the client pushes boundaries.

• I would point out that the pro’s contract says they will collect payment before the session begins. It’s not just a good idea (for a variety of reasons) it’s in your contract.

• More than your income, what matters is how you present yourself in your profile and your screening protocol. Most poor inquiries that come in to me will self-screen themselves out through the process, but I don't get near as many poor inquiries as I did when I was new.

• I really appreciate all of these responses! This is all really insightful! My only issue right now is people respecting my availability. I have a a lot of cuddlers who ask to meet with me during the day after I post on my profile my availability. I personally feel like that is a red flag and a lack of respect but I could be wrong!

• edited June 2022

@theCuddleDrgn not having read your profile is not, in itself, a red flag. The response rate from professionals can be very low, and some prospective clients have given up on reading profiles before receiving a reply to their initial message. They feel there is no point.

There are others who are just harmless idiots. And others still who have poor reading skills and never read anything unless they have to.

• @CuddleDuncan Calling people idiots? Why do you feel compelled to label people in that manner?

• [Deleted User]Moxytocin (deleted user)

I think the perceived lack of respect of availability is less about being an idiot or disrespectful and more about the fact that pros all have such different guidelines and schedules, and when people have read so many different profiles, they forget what they've read on each one or who's who. That's why a calendar widget here would be helpful so everyone could set their own availability.

• @Moxytocin right on the money. This site definitely needs a UI lift up. It is merely managing it. Calendar widget like the AirBnB would eliminate all the guess work, or back and forth double check between the profile and calendar.

• They would need to make it easy to connect with other platforms (Airbnb does this) or it may not be universally used. Or I guess I would just keep doing things the way I currently am, lol. I already have my own business website with a booking page connected to my google calendar. Unless this website connected to the google calendar the same way Wix does, I would probably just skip it. Too much admin work doing things over and over again on different websites. 😝 But I can see how it would be useful for many people. I just don't have a busy enough schedule and enough people requesting sessions for it to be much of an issue as it is.