Meeting Somebody From The Internet – Safety Precautions

2»

Comments

• @HumbleBaron I assure you, any pro here who has been here a while is not scamming you out of the deposit. Deposits are legitimate because we get constantly bombarded with booking inquiries where the clients flake, either due to shopping around and finding someone else, not feeling horny anymore or realizing this REALLY is platonic (this is the number one reason), or an alien invasion.

The deposit protects us because we often drive out to meet client and get ghosted. Total waste of time, and it means I cleared my schedule for no reason when I could’ve been working and making money.

It’s the same for many industries with lots of flakes such as professional photography. Deposits are due because many a photographer has had a client last minute cancel due to some contrived bs.

If anyone runs with a deposit and it is reported to mods, they will be banned and not able to ever create a new account. Remember, pros actually have less ban evasion capabilities than the average member. This site has our real names and bank info to charge us commission, so if I got banned and made a new account, I’d immediately be caught.

Maybe you can be cautious about deposits with new pros, but if someone’s profile is a few years old, they’re not likely be to be scamming deposits. They’d definitely be banned by now.

Let’s stop disseminating this false idea that deposits are a scam. Maybe from an enthusiast, but not from a pro. It’s a standard protection

• edited January 19

@TxTom

excuse herself momentarily to contact a friend during our cuddle session.

That has happened to me. It's not particularly common, but it's perfectly usual and, as you say, totally acceptable to anybody who understands the situation properly.

• Provide all details of the person and the meeting to somebody you trust, and arrange to contact them afterwards to say all is well.

THIS!^^^^😁 I definitely agree with having Safety Call People on hand when meeting up with people (who are "new" to your life) especially off the internet. 👍👍👍

If said (new) internet person doesn't respect my having Safety Call People or starts to complain about my having them...🙄

I just block them and move on, I have more then just Myself to look out for here.😊

Provide a good clear photo of yourself, along with your real first name. Remember, they have to be able to trust you too.

Also THIS^^^^👍👍👍

Yes I do this, and I do give out my First and Last name only. Cuz yes, I do want them to feel comfy enough to trust me too.😊

Lol! 😄
    Some men seem "surprised" when I DO this, yeah it's like they don't fully realize that just because I am a WOMAN that doesn't mean that I CAN'T BE A THREAT to a lot of them.
    😏

Guys, we (women) can just as threatening as any man. Remember that! 🙂

• Guys, we (women) can just as threatening as any man. Remember that!

Mmmmmmm, yebut, the statistical probability is certainly significantly weighted more in the other direction.

• I’ll take @Katota word for it because I don’t wanna find out!

• If you f*** around you'll find out.

So, if you don't want to find out, don't f*** around.

• Guys getting mad for having a safety call person is a red flag especially if he's a stranger. Does he not care about your safety? He may not have bad intentions, but it only takes one psychopath to ruin you forever.

• edited January 20

Okay, here's one that gets me. People who won't send their photo but will do a video call as if that's going to protect their anonymity. I know how to screen shot. Creeper 101 - to screen shot
    Mac: Command Shift 3.
    PC: Windows Key and Print Screen

• edited January 20

• If I'm cuddling with someone new I tend to make it obvious that I have a contact person. "I'm going to text my sister real quick if you don't mind. Just need to tell her that I made it here." Then I shoot off a text to my sister right in front of them, because she really is my contact person

• People who won't send their photo but will do a video call as if that's going to protect their anonymity. @stormydaycuddle

As someone who does this, it isn't about you having my picture. I totally understand that. It is about having my picture on this site as well as us both showing we are who we say we are at the same time.

• [Deleted User]Peacefulheart (deleted user)

@CuddleDuncan
    Thank you for this well done list. In the USA, you can additionally do a background, criminal and sex offender check. This is a list I will share with friends and family members.

• @TxTom Lol!😁 I understand what you mean, but I still beg to differ, women can be twice as deadly as any man. Mainly, because socially speaking "nobody would suspect a woman" of violence and murder cuz the belief of "women don't kill" logic is still alive in a lot of men's minds. I strongly suggest that logic should die completely a fire 🔥 already.😌

Here is a list of "lady killers" (yes pun intended😜):
    Aileen Wuornos

Nannie Doss

Amelia Dyer

Dorothea Puente

Belle Gunness

Jane Toppan

Elizabeth Bathory

Myra Hindley

Juana Barraza

Kristen Gilbert

Rosemary West

Miyuki Ishikawa

Genene Jones

Judy Buenoano

Leonarda Cianciulli

Delphine LaLaurie

Beverley Allitt

Karla Homolka

Lavinia Fisher

Linda Hazzard

Marybeth Tinning

Velma Barfield

Gesche Gottfried

Gwendolyn Graham
    Nannie Doss

Amelia Dyer

Dorothea Puente

Belle Gunness

Jane Toppan

Elizabeth Bathory

Myra Hindley

Juana Barraza

Kristen Gilbert

Rosemary West

Miyuki Ishikawa

Genene Jones

Judy Buenoano

Leonarda Cianciulli

Delphine LaLaurie

Beverley Allitt

Karla Homolka

Lavinia Fisher

Linda Hazzard

Marybeth Tinning

Velma Barfield

Gesche Gottfried

Gwendolyn Graham

Wasn't Elizabeth Bathory nicknamed "Bloody Mary"? Lol. 😆

And from what I read about Delphine LaLaurie was just horrible too.

And don't get me started on mothers killing their own children, which heinous in of itself for obvious reasons. 😑

Yeah! Be careful out there fellas!👍

• And Lizzie Borden, ya know there's a nursery rhyme (or a "jump rope song" rather) about her murdering her parents.

😊

• I’ll take @Katota word for it because I don’t wanna find out!

😁

@lonelytauros Thank you! And no you don't wanna find out, be safe out there.👍

• @Katota
    I think you cheated a little bit by listing some of them twice.

• edited January 20

Then I shoot off a text to my sister right in front of them, because she really is my contact person

😁😆

I always find it refreshing, to see others utilize relatives as Safety Call People. Sometimes, I start to think "Am I the only person who utilize my Mother (sometimes I "recruit" my sister at times) as a Safety Call Person"...???😆😆😆

Because a lot of people don't, I guess out of all available family members it seems like mothers and fathers are the "No Way Relatives" that you don't want to use as Safety Call People. 😜

Which I understood that too!

Lol! Of course, throughout the years I have learned to NOT use my Mother as a Safety Call Person for ALL forms of "in person meetups" (whether I meet someone new off internet or not) now...🤦‍♀️🤦

Lol! 😆😆😆

Yeah, Old girl tends to get sick with worry TOO MUCH nowadays (and rightfully so, she is a Mother, worrying about your children's safety just doesn't go away cuz we grow up 🙂) and plus Mama is an avid news watcher, which just adds to the worry.
    😌

So, luckily I have befriended and acquainted myself with others who don't mind being a Safety Call Person (for those other in person meetup occasions😉) and vice versa with me if ever they need me to be one for them.🙂

• I heard about a man that went for a cuddle once. Woke up in a bathtub full of ice with his kidneys missing. 😳

• @TxTom Lol! I did?😄

Well there you go, twice the info for ya!😁👍

• @Katota I’m dedicating this song to you!

• @Katota, I’m hoping you didn’t know that list of women killers off the top of your head.

My mother has actually been interviewed for true crime documentaries. So if there’s a safety concern, she’ll know. Back in 2009, she was able to locate my sister in a foreign country for a college credit trip from someone at the embassy to inform her that our Grandma died and she would need to make arrangements to return.

• A couple of points not yet shared:

• contrary to what @Ironman294 said, hotel employees CANNOT confirm someone's name and room number. If an employee does, that is a huge breech of guest privacy and a safety hazard. After working in hospitality for over 16 years, I personally would not stay at a hotel where employees endanger their guests like that.
    • however, hotel employees can be great safety protocol allies if you are meeting someone new in their hotel room. When you arrive, make a point to greet the staff. If you feel comfortable, tell them that you are meeting [person's name] and need directions to the room. The standard protocol is for the employee to call the room and announce your arrival, at which point the person can either give permission for the staff to tell you the room number or say they will come down. If you end up in danger, the front desk now will be able to recall meeting you, whom you met, what room you went to, and you'll be on the front desk camera footage. Never be afraid to ask the staff for help if the other person is getting creepy - they literally have seen it all and can help call the police if necessary.
    • when contacting your safety person to tell them you are safe, 1) have one or more codewords that only they know, so that they will know it's you and not someone else messaging or being said under duress; 2) wait to message an all clear until you are in your car or home with the doors locked. For the codeword, I have one "all clear/safe" word and one "code red" word, both of which are unobtrusive enough to slip covertly into normal conversation so as not to alert a potential threat that I am using them.
    • turn off any biometric locks and turn on a password lock for your phone. You do not want anyone else to be able to unlock your phone while you are unconscious or under duress.
  • Thank you for those @cuddlefaery - especially the tip about biometrics.