Outcall/Incall terminology and alternatives

I know that the phrases outcall/incall are strongly associated with sex work, but that other professionals also use them. Even though I know these terms are strongly associated with sex work, I still use them because they are a concise way of saying "I come to you" or "you come to me." Does using these terms make me sound like a sex worker to the average outsider? If so what are some alternative words?

Comments

• I've seen these terms in a couple of other contexts now, and my feeling is that they are leaking into the wider world. And quite right too, they are useful words.

• You can use terminologies such as host or guest. Those are pretty common usage of words that people communicate here.

• @CuddleBarista1, good point. I actually had this question pop up in my mind when working on my website, so I am not sure if those words would work outside of a bigger cuddle platform. But I eventually decided just to call it "Cuddle Works Comes to You."

• edited August 2022

Massage therapists have been using these terms for decades, as do other people who provide services both in home and at a business. I became a massage therapist in 1991 and the terms were already firmly established by then. Manicurists, personal trainers, and others have used the terms when referring to clients that they see in their home rather than having the client come to them.

Not all clients are familiar with the terms. I’ve used the term “in home” when speaking to a client about the possibility of seeing them in their home.

• @Babichev That is another good option, although some clients book hotels and Air BnBs for sessions, which could cause some confusion.

• I think the terms “host” and “guest” are good alternatives. Again, a lot of new folks don’t know what those terms mean but they are easy enough to explain. “You come to my location” vs. “I come to your location.” Location could be their home or a rented place.

• edited August 2022

Licensed Massage Therapist here! So I have already had to figure this out for my own business:

Outcall” alternatives:

“Mobile Session”

“Travel Session”

“In-Home Session”

“A session within the comfort of your own home or business”*

“Your location”

• Keep in mind you might want to be specific about home or business because people are often wanting a session in their hotel room. However if you’re comfortable with that, word it like this:

“A session at the location of your choosing”

“Your cuddling space”

Incall” alternatives:

“My location”

“My cuddling space”

“My place of business”*

*Good if you have a separate space that is not your home or confined to specific home office type space in your home.