I'm Opening a Second Location in South Brunswick NJ!

I will open a second location in South Brunswick, NJ, in August 2022. I will be making more updates in the coming days, the plan is to have it ready within the first week of August.

Comments

• edited July 2022

Latest update: I now have the key to the office and am allowed to paint the room this weekend. I cannot move furniture or have sessions in the space until after the fire inspection. My landlord is having a tough time getting in touch with the township to schedule a fire inspection, so it is hard to approximate a timeline. The unit is newly renovated and was recently converted from a single business office suite to a multi-tenant suite, so there is a small chance changes will need to be made after the inspection for it to be up to fire code which could cause further delay. I plan to have everything purchased and prepped so I can get the office ready very quickly when I get the green light to start moving in.

Yesterday Connor (my boyfriend) and I went to Habitat for Humanity and purchased an unfinished pine nightstand for the office. Connor sanded it, and we painted it together the same color as the cabinet in my current office because I plan to purchase that same cabinet again for the new office. Here is the before and after

• Awesome, good luck with it! And that nightstand looks great - nice job. 👍

• edited August 2022

So there is still no date for a fire inspection yet but the landlord allowed us to go in over the weekend and paint the space and get it ready so my move will be faster when I do finally get permission.

Apparently I didn’t have the final approval but I thought I did last week because the health inspector hadn’t yet signed off and my landlord had been misinformed. So I just recently got the final approval as a tenant, and my landlord has been having a hard time getting a hold of the township to schedule a fire inspection. I am hoping to hear some update on that today.

In the meantime I finally had my mattress for the office delivered along with a TV, a bedframe and boxes of other things I will be using in the space. I went to IKEA last night but unfortunately they didn’t have a lot of the stuff I needed including a storage cabinet. I wound up leaving empty-handed but I’m hoping they will restock before my move in day.

• Thank you for the update

• The office is now open and ready for cuddles!
    I did not expect the office to be open so quickly after the last hiccup with the township. On Thursday my landlord told me they had scheduled a fire inspection for Friday morning. On Friday I was informed that the inspection was passed and that I could start moving in over the weekend. While it was really stressful not having much warning I managed to run around like a crazy person and get it done. At this point it is very minimalist. I have the bed a nightstand and two chairs and the soon to be mounted TV sitting on the floor in a box. However it has what it needs to have a cuddle session. I will be adding in more furniture and decorations in the coming weeks and will use this road to continue to share updates on my progress with the room. So if you live near Central Jersey and do not mind my lack of decorations please come visit me.
    Here is the bed and night stand right after unrolling the mattress, I will share a picture with sheets soon.

A cool new feature this office has is two sitting chairs instead of a desk like my other office has. The color of the wall looks different because the overhead fluorescent light is on in the second photo while in the first photo I just have the lamps on.

• Yay,.
    Congratulations on your second location, your getting closer .... 😊 I can't wait for my travels to bring me closer so I can cuddle with you...😊

• I’ve been busy and haven’t been making as many updates as I should but I wanted to share a few more things I’ve done in recent weeks.

I refinished this dresser, instead of buying the $380 IKEA cabinet I wanted I wound up getting a dresser and painting it the same color. The dresser was about $45 and the paint and materials for about another $15-$20 so I easily saved over $300 by going this route