Would you consent to cuddling in a house with security cameras installed?

was asked recently by a snuggler if I would be ok with security cameras installed throughout the house and in the rooms where cuddling sessions happen.  
What do you guys think of that?   Just curious what others think before I put my opinion out there.

Comments

• So long as the video is not made public without the others consent (unless someone attempts to, or breaks the law), I don't have a problem with someone securing their premises. I have video in my house, at the door and various places. But the cameras are visible and in my state, it's implied consent to record (1 party state) so if you are on my property, you consent to being recorded.

Like anything else, if one does not consent, then don't participate. I don't think it would be appropriate (thought not necessarily illegal if the statute is as it is in my state) to go posting your cuddles/interactions with others on social media or elsewhere without their consent. That is insensitive, inconsiderate and completely against the private nature of being personal with someone else. There are some things that just should not be put on front street. Just something to bear in mind.

• [Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
    Absolutely not
  • [Deleted User]Alternis (deleted user)
    It's one of those things where I'd want it to be done secretly without me knowing and the video deleted once I left.

Knowing im being recorded in the room during a session makes me feel like id be blackmailed with it later.
  • [Deleted User]masterofcuddle (deleted user)
    No way !! First waivers now security cameras? I understand a pro wanting to be safe but this is over the top. This becomes a violation of the clients rights.
  • [Deleted User]CuddleBandit (deleted user)
    Only if they turn off the camera while I'm there cuddling.  ^^^ Agreed with the top. 
  • @masterofcuddle Your rights trump those of the person(s) home or business you enter? I am sorry but I disagree. Plenty of businesses install video and audio recording equipment on THEIR property. Just about every place you go does. Even in hospitals and clinics. So long as YOU ARE ADVISED BEFOREHAND that such equipment is used and it is used in a lawful manner, what is the problem?

People who allow others into their home have a right to protect themselves. After all, it is THEIR home or business and THEIR rules. If you don't agree, than don't patronize them. I don't blame anyone, especially a woman, from protecting their person, property and business with security cameras. That does not mean I consent to the video being broadcast, but they have the right to record so long as they let me know. 
    @im800mhz I almost always have my cuddle sessions at my house. How many professional cuddlers do you think would be okay with me having security cameras in my home and recording the session? 
  • @im800mhz
    You're right it's our right not to cuddle with someone if they plan on recording our session for some future use.
    I think it would be really weird to have cameras recording me inside a home. Comparing private residences to hospitals and other public places is ridiculous. Not even close to the same expectation of privacy as a residence.
    Anyway good luck with your little fortress but I doubt you'll find many snugglers who like you making a collection of tapes to watch your session later lol. That's kinda creepy
  • [Deleted User]Spoonie (deleted user)
    So first we have the pro who wants us to fill out her own contract and supply a copy of our drivers license. And now we have another pro wanting to video record the session?  

Whats next?  Submit DNA samples?  Swab the inside of my cheek?  Maybe blood and urine samples?  Perhaps we should also run full credit reports before the session.  Current and three former employers along with at least two personal references that are not family. 

It it is certainly the provider's right to ask for whatever she wants to make her feel safe. But a client would be nuts to allow any of this. I would refuse. I'm sure most guys would. 
  • While I don't have Security cameras, but I think it could be a good idea. I really dont see anything wrong with someone having them in their home for their protection A lot of normal people have security cameras in their home and they dont feel the need to mention. I wouldn't even feel its needed to mention, its a safety precaution. Seems like a pain in the ass to install though c:
    But agree with Im800mph for this one. :)

I mean regular businesses anything  from coffee shops, to gas stations, to strip clubs, to estate offices, and even psychics having security cameras. its a personal choice. and if nothing illegal or shady is happening, then I really don't see the problem with anything being recorded from a clients prospective, be it that the content does not leak to anyone or do anything negative with it with the intent of causing harm to you.. but if you think about it, who knows how much footage is of you in the most random places, or even places I'm sure you have been several times and arent even aware the place is recording. or different friends houses or partners you may have had that recorded you doing some of the most bazzarest things, and they may have that footage forever! and you just may never knowwwww. 
    @im800mhz I equate cuddling to getting a massage. Do they usually have video cameras taping your massage ? I think not. It's legal as long as the customer knows they are being filmed I suppose but I better have a waiver of my own ready that they agree to delete the video after the session. That's why you don't see cameras inside of massage rooms. They would go out of business.
  • Masterofcuddles...Actually Id be surprised if massage places didn't have cameras. It would be a way to assure some places do not do happy endings. 
  • I can see it 2 ways... yes, a person has every right to protect their home, being able to monitor and record everything in and around it, but anyone that is aware they are being recorded, especially when they aren't used to thinking that they are, will act differently with a camera on them than when they are obvious to it or there is no camera. A person who chooses to be more secure/cautious than most other people can easily come off as paranoid or creepy to those who solely rely on motion sensors or a dog for security at home.

Yes, public places it is a lot more common for security cameras, many of which are for monitoring foot traffic for tracing sales numbers compared to number of customers per hour, facial recognition for security, or for liability reasons of being robbed or someone driving their car into the front of your store... but it's expected when going to a business that you are being watched and recorded for the companies safety. Now, about the recorded footage.. some places only keep the footage from the last 30-60 days while other places archive it 10+ years (the place I work at does that).
    So if a a cuddler was to visit someone at their house with that level of security, especially the first time, I would say the cuddler should be informed of it beforehand, before agreeing to come over, for the person hosting to be open about where the cameras are and to inform the cuddler how long the information is stored and if it is done so locally or in the cloud as the cloud is only as secure as the systems hosting the information. I would say that the cuddler coming over would also have every right to have the host delete the footage of their cuddle session if there are cameras in the areas that they cuddle.

For me, as long as the person was open and honest about the setup I wouldn't think twice about it unless they gave me a reason to doubt them or they acted very sketchy about it. I'd prefer not having complete coverage footage of my cuddle sessions with anyone, but a couple I have asked during or at the end of our cuddle session to take a picture together or record a short message to remember them by if it would be months or much longer before I'd be in their city again. Any pictures or video message have stayed with only me in a secure place, and only what they have given me permission to use have I shared with any friends or family.

Not everyone is okay with going to someones place and being recorded and that's okay and some people feel they need to record their home inside and out because of something that happened in the past or being cautious of what could happen in the future... the "better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it" mentality.

So I agree with both sides and would, for me, be on a case by case basis if I would be okay with cuddling with someone that had that level of security.
  • edited February 2017
    @Masterofcuddle I see a big difference between getting a massage and a cuddling session. When you're getting a massage you're naked. The cuddling session unless you are breaking the rules you are supposed to stay fully clothed. Unless you're doing something that your not supposed to be doing during a cuddling session there shouldn't be any reason to not be OK with being recorded as long as the recordings will be used for security purposes ONLY!! 
  • Just make sure if you decide to place video cameras in a bedroom which would record someone cuddling in a bed, that you let the client or snuggling partner know about it first.  Bedrooms, even if its not your own bedroom are a place where someone would reasonably expect a level of privacy.  At least in California, the laws prohibit secret video recording in an adult bedroom where someone would reasonably expect privacy.  So be careful you don't violate the law and inform people before doing this. 
    p.s.  would not be seeing a professional snuggler who did this....

• @brandi  Since none of the massage places I've been to have any kind of notice saying you may be recorded when in the private rooms, I am pretty sure they do not have video recording going on in there.  It would be illegal, because only a fool wouldn't expect a high level of privacy while naked (except for a small towel) in a private room!   You can't record people like that without telling them first in California.   

• @poonie  I really don't see a security system in the home of a professional cuddler who hosts to be unreasonable. Every time a professional cuddler hosts she opens her self up to danger. As soon as someone  knows where she lives the person could end up becoming a stalker, robber or rapist. Lots of cuddlers want the professionals to host but they don't want the professionals to protect themselves? I kind of think that's crazy!  I COMPLEATLY understand wanting to protect your privacy, but if a cuddler isn't comfortable with the cameras then they could cuddle somewhere else. Unfortunately that usually costs the cuddler more money either because of a hotel room or travel expenses for the professional cuddler. Being a professional cuddler is dangerous enough but HOSTING opens up a whole new level of danger.  I don't have cameras in my home either but it doesn't mean I don't think it could be a good idea.
  • Pretty much the point of a security camera would be to deter or prevent dangers to the professional cuddler. The best way to deter dangers is by letting people know that cameras are around. I would think that any professional cuddler that uses cameras in the bedroom where they cuddle would have to post something saying that there are cameras there for the use of security purposes only.  The best way to deter people from committing a crime is by letting them know that they would be recorded while they did it. That's why so many people get security signs posted outside their doors even if they don't actually have that security system. I also can't imagine any professional cuddler watching a session with a client unless there is something more than just cuddling going on. If anything that I posted upset anyone, I just want you to know that it was not my intention! I'm simply trying to understand all points of view. 
    edited February 2017
    I understand wanting to keep safe and by all means install cameras all around the perimeter of your home. I have them at my house too. But it's kind of strange to have a camera pointed at you while in the bedroom. Some of us may have reasons not wanting to be filmed while cuddling. Some may have a high profile job, some may have a husband or wife. Could be a number of reasons not wanting to be caught on tape. There are a number of things a pro can do to protect themselves without having a camera filming the sniggle session. You can have another person in the house for instance for safety etc. You can talk to the client and screen them a bit beforehand. While true you aren't getting naked like a massage you are still filming a more intimate type act which could, if in the wrong hands, be used against you. That's much differect than being filmed in a store shopping, for instance. So I'm all for pros safety don't get me wrong do whatever it takes to protect youself. And if you feel the need to film the season make sure you have it in writing so I know not to visit your home.
    Regarding massage places. They can legally have cameras in their common areas such as their lobby so long as they inform their customers but they can't have cameras in their massage rooms or bathrooms, that we be illegal whether they tell their customer or not.

Secondly, in your private residence, the same applies, the person has to be made aware and you also can't have cameras in areas such as bathrooms.

Third, flip the script, professional cuddlers out there, how would you feel if you were being filmed? Would you consent to it? Of course you wouldn't.

Lastly and I hope everyone takes this next statement seriously, if you are a pro and recording the session without your clients consent, you are performing an illegal act for which you can be prosecuted.
    Couldn't the same be achieved with a really good camera at the entry of the house that way you have clear footage of the client if things go south?
  • [Deleted User]chococuddles (deleted user)
    100% no.
    @Alternis I don't want to be recorded, period. 
  • Here's the thing. Video of someone cuddling can be used against that person in the future. It's not something most of us would want out there posted in social media etc. So having video in the bedroom is simply a really bad thing.

Im just glad I plan to have regulars that I can build trust with so they wouldn't film me or anything. If there was a snuggler I was seeing regularly and she started to film id stop seeing her and get a new regular.
  • @Morpheus  I would absolutely be OK with being videotaped. That would ensure my safety! There is a cuddle house that is used strictly for cuddling that has cameras and panic buttons in each bedroom. 
  •  I have to say I'm really surprised by these responses. There's nothing wrong with cuddling! But these responses make it seem  shady.  The cameras would also protect the clients. A professional cuddler couldn't claim that their client did something to them that they didn't.  
    Ok.  How about if there weren't cameras in the bedroom or bathrooms (As far as I'm concerned bathrooms would be a given. Any place where someone would be getting naked would not be videotaped. At least I wouldn't go to a place that did that.) but there were cameras throughout the inside of the house?  I know Morpheus said he would be out but what about the rest of you?  
  •  By the way, thank you for everyone's input! I really appreciate it! 
  • @greenearth How could a cuddling session be used against you? There's nothing wrong with it! Unless there was something stating that the video tape was to be used ONLY for policy enforcement and security I wouldn't be OK with being videotaped.  That way if a person were to use it in any other way it would be against the law.  
  •  By the way, before I became a professional cuddler I already did a bunch of things that professional cuddlers do!  I've had so many people that I just met opening up to me because they can tell that I care and don't judge!  A lot of them ended up dissolving into tears in my arms because I made them feel safe!  I've also cuddled a lot of my male friends before because of something that happened or they just needed to feel loved for a little while. I even had a best friend in college who is a guy and he and I used to take naps together because we like to cuddle while we slept. I gave massages to other people because they were stressed. This is what I thought I was signing up for when I became a professional cuddler! I thought I would finally be able to help more people this way and still be able to make a living!  The difference is that when I was doing it before I had built up a rapport with the people before I was alone with them.  But typically to build that kind of rapport takes HOURS and most of the time it isn't done in a bedroom!