Would you consent to cuddling in a house with security cameras installed?

Comments

• [Deleted User]chococuddles (deleted user)
    It's simple.

Some would be ok with cams. Some wouldn't. I wouldn't.

No amount of words or possible scenerios would make me change my mind.

To each their own but I'll continue cuddling with non-Pros or find a Pro who is like-minded.

• well at the cuddling rates professionals charge, you really aren't going to have all those hours to build such a rapport....
    also if you have clients who are breaking into tears in your arms etc...i really don't think they would want that on video.  
    As for how could video be used against you!?  Uhm, ok let me explain. Professional cuddling isn't an accepted social norm today...not at all.  Heck even massage parlors have a bad reputation...when you tell someone you go to one, unless its massage envy, they assume you're getting happy endings. 
    So having video if you going to a professional cuddler just wouldnt' be a social acceptable thing to have broadcast or leaked on social media.  How many times have people had embarrassing videos leaked on social media? happens a lot...I'm always seeing video of girls that their bf's took, or guys who passed out drunk etc...
    Sure you can sign something that says you won't leak the video..but what if its on your computer and you sell the computer and the video gets accessed by someone else?  I mean honestly, having all this video of snuggling clients around is dangerous for those of us who prefer some privacy during sessions.
    But as chococuddles said...no amount of discussion will change minds.  You do what you want to do..and others will do what they want to do. 
    But please don't go the brandi route of insulting people by saying its "shady" because they prefer cuddling off-camera.  People have different opinions on what is private.  Doesn't make them shady or perverted...in fact I think that guy from Georgia who wants to record his sessions with professionals sounds a lot shadier than anything.

• If a client that I went to and they hosted and had security cameras for their safety, Id be okay with it @morpheous of course as long as that its made aware to me that its recording. :)

Also great point! @snuggle554321 its good for clients in the case of needing to prove nothing happened illegally if falsely accused. 
    I personally would put safety before privacy, but can see how others would want the alter.

But Im curious,

if I finally completed my dream of a cuddle business and it had security cameras with notice at the door that there are cameras for safety, who all would go to check it out despite the fact that it was recorded? Just curious. :)

• [Deleted User]Spoonie (deleted user)
    I would not.   Most guys would not. A few will. I'm all for safety. I'm also for anonymity. 
    Along with @poonie I would not either. How many people (men, women, ts, other) on this site are married or in a relationship? Anonymity is part of their comfort and safety. 
  • edited February 2017
    With my chosen profession, everything I do is recorded. I have no problem with that. I also have seen first hand where video has exonerated falsely accused persons as much as it has aided in convicting guilty criminals. It does not lie. Maybe it's because of the work environment, I cannot turn off this self-protection mechanism. No, I don't have cameras in my bedrooms or bathrooms but they are at all entry points and common areas including living rooms (where I would cuddle with someone) and my man cave.

I don't review or intend to share any video unless a violation of law or situation might occur, and it would only be shared with law enforcement. I think most people who are reasonable and have camera systems in their private homes are the same way. I sure would not want to broadcast the contents of my home, or my private activities, but if something should occur, video is there to serve as the silent witness that does not tell anything but what actually happened.

I certainly respect other persons rights when on their property. I have no problem with them recording me, so long as they are a party to the conversation (required in my state) and they at least let me know (no hidden cameras). All of my cameras are clearly visible and any reasonable person knows they are being recorded before they even enter. (Ring doorbell is awesome!)

Call it a fortress. Call it what you want. It's 2017, and more and more of our lives is on camera. It's just how it is.
  • @Brandi  That's EXACTLY what I was saying!  In fact I have the same dream of becoming a professional cuddler full-time! 

Gentlemen, I wasn't trying to change anyone's mind or meaning to insult anyone!   I was just trying to understand and get input.   This was something that I just wanted to discuss with the type of people that it would affect.  That's what  I thought these forums were for.   I had questions and simply wanted to know what other people thought.  

@greenearth  I personally thought that your comment of "good luck with your little fortress"  sounded a bit condescending and insulting. But you obviously are very passionate about this, and this topic obviously really upsets you so I can understand where that comment  came from. 

"Anyway good luck with your little fortress but I doubt you'll find many snugglers who like you making a collection of tapes to watch your session later lol. That's kinda creepy"

@im800mhz That's exactly what I was saying. 

I think one of the reasons professional cuddling is so taboo in our society is because there isn't any way to monitor the cuddling sessions to make sure that the sessions stay professional and innocent. People need love and comfort.  Unfortunately most simply don't get enough. That's why I was so excited  at the thought of possibly making a living doing so. Now I'm thinking that maybe this just isn't for me. Bye. 
    Yes, more and more of our lives is on camera which is why I choose to be off camera whenever possible.

And be honest @im800mhz, you're really Batman. ;)
  • [Deleted User]CuddleBandit (deleted user)
    @poonie agreed 
  • [Deleted User]NJCuddleDevil (deleted user)
    I really wouldn't have a problem with a camera as long as it's not staring me in the face.  I would want to know if one was there, but I wouldn't want it to be too obvious it was there.

I think there's an advantage to both sides.  As a pro you have evidence of said assault.  As a client, you have a reasonable doubt of having a false claim being proved false.  Because if the evidence disappears that would look shady on the pro side. 

As said, I'm uncomfortable even in front of still cameras.  If you have a significant other you are worried about seeing this, then you shouldn't be doing it.  Enough said.  Maybe for employment reasons you have concerned, but even still, if you are following the rules and you both are fully clothed, at best it might be strange to most people but certainly nothing scandalous.

• To all of the sweethearts who sent me messages, you are all such blessings! Thank you so much for all of your kind words!  I decided I am going to keep being a professional cuddler.  To all the gentleman out there that were upset or hurt by anything that I said, please know that I would NEVER EVER intentionally hurt or insult anyone!  I'm new to this so I have a lot of questions. I TRULY appreciate everyone's input! Thank you! HUGE HUG!!!! 
  • [Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
    Ultimately choco is right, some are okay with it and some aren't. If I want to hire a pro that insists on cameras, I'll politely decline and move on. No harm done.
    @snuggle554321 I don't think people are hurt or insulted. It's just a topic that came up and everyone has the freedom to excercise their own choice. Some pros can choose to have cameras and some clients will agree or disagree. It's really no big deal so long as everything is done legally and ethically.
  • [Deleted User]masterofcuddle (deleted user)
    edited February 2017
    I just want to make sure if Pros have security camera requirements or waiver requirements that they would kindly put it in their profile so those of us that are not OK with such things can avoid those profiles.
  • The funny thing about cameras during cuddle session is many of the pro snugglers I've seen won't even let me take their picture.  I've offered more than once because I happen to be a professional photographer.  So I would be really surprised if I set up video cameras and these same snugglers are ok with that.  Using 4k cameras I can get really good still images....
    Other than a few clients and one or two pro snugglers, haven't seen any of them comment here yet.

• [Deleted User]cuddledingo (deleted user)
    1.  At least they told you.
    2.  You have the right to just say no if you don't want to be on security cams. If you're comfortable with it, go for it.
    3.  It's creepy and violates any sort of privacy as a Pro or Client if you don't want to be taped.
    4.  How do you know their cuckold isn't watching over the internet or you're being recorded for future blackmail?
    5.  What about the cams they didn't tell you about?
    6.  It's actually a pretty smart deterrent for booking creepers if you're a Pro.  You don't even need to have security cams, just ask the question and say that you do.  Of course you will most likely lose a LOT of non creeper clients and money in the process... but the ones that say yes you will know for sure aren't up to any misbehaving.

And so on and so forth... 

@cuddledingo
  • Hello no.  Sorry for the late response.
  • [Deleted User]FlowerofLife (deleted user)
    I know who she is!  She's renting out one of her rooms for $25. per hour to Pros that don't have a place to host.  I've been emailing her back and forth all day yesterday because she wouldn't call me.  She finally said that she's not comfortable until she installs these cameras.  She's new here, and apparently in a lot of "fear".  You can find her post under "Pro".
  • I'm not sure how a pro can be successful if they are in so much fear?
    I mean when I go see a new snuggler pro at their place I have no idea who else lives there. Maybe she has crazy male friends living there or waiting there to rob me or beat me up.
    I have to agree with @greenearth If a pro is in a lot of fear, maybe this isn't the line of work for her. 
  • [Deleted User]CuddleBandit (deleted user)
    @greenearth Exactly. That's my fear. It's happened with two people meeting from a dating website before. I read about a man that was robbed and killed by a woman who he met on POF. Well this isn't a dating website, but you get the idea. Everyone likes to think that the customer poses the threat to the professional cuddler, not the other way around. 
  • When spas use cameras, they are not activated until the therapist enters the room and shouldn't involve any 'indecent' exposures. The one spa owner who told me that they use monitors also told me it was done mainly to protect their male massage therapists. They were having a problem with their female clients asking for sexual favors and then threatening to claim that the massage therapist was making sexual advances. The males therapists were particularly vulnerable to this since there was a tendency to believe the female client and the male therapist would likely lose his job. Basically this came as a surprise to the spa owners, so they continued the practice in order to have a way to confront the client. Yes, the clients were aware of the monitors and when they were on.
    I've given this subject some thought and I am starting to understand the wisdom of the cameras. If used properly, they really are for the protection of both parties. 

I, on occasion, host at my home. I have decided that in order to protect me and my cuddle partner, I am going to install cameras throughout my house. I want to make sure that in case something happens, cameras will document what happened. Film don't lie.

I will have cameras throughout the main parts of the house as well as my "cuddle bedroom". I will also have cameras installed in the bathroom.   For everyone's safety of course.   I wouldn't want to falsely accuse someone of stealing the toothpaste. 

I worry that that now that my home is secured, I will be deluged with women, pros and non pros, who will now want to cuddle with me. Given of course, that I am now providing a safe environment.  If I don't get back to you immediately, please be patient, as I can only accommodate so many cuddlers. But I will do my best....

@poonie the safe environment that you're providing makes me want to cuddle with you
    I'm gonna put a camera in my underwear in case I'm falsely accused of having an erection
  • Well that's just gross.
    No thanks
  • @Poonie If you're being serious I think that's great! I don't think I would put cameras in the bathrooms though.  Any place where people would be partially or fully undressed  would probably make things awkward.  It's easy enough to verify that nothing happened in the bathroom as long as only one person is in the bathroom at the same time.  If I lived closer I would love to have you as a client!
    @morpheus. Great. If you could just initial each page (12 pages total) snd sign the last page of my contract, provide a copy of your drivers license, birth certificate, and two major credit cards, we can get started!!!  Can't wait to get our cuddle on. 
  • [Deleted User]NJCuddleDevil (deleted user)
    @poonie  Cameras are illegal in bathrooms last time I checked.  I guess it's a good way to prevent guests from using your bathrooms.
    @poonie no SS# required? Count me in!