Perfume

Does perfume matter when I’m cuddling you 😘

1. Yes24 votes
    1. Nope
      37.50%
    2. Definitely
      62.50%

Comments

• I'd prefer fragrance-free, because some perfumes clog my sinuses.

• I am 100% with @JoyfulHeart
    I would MUCH prefer fragrance free.

• edited August 2022

I try to refrain spraying perfumes on myself because some people can probably not tolerate the smell, allergies, or can be sent to the hospital. I get memories during my barista days that people request for non-dairy milk and how they can seriously be sent to the hospital if poured a tiny drop of dairy milk in it. Neutrality is the best to go.

• edited August 2022

I bathe myself in axe body spray and the sweat from a middle school locker.room . Lets just say it's quite revolting.

• Perfume, deodorant, or other fragrant things don't matter to me. If it were a problem, I would just shower it off later and change clothes. Honestly, these kinds of things are supposed to smell good, I never understood why people are so turned off by fragrant deodorants and the like. Not to judge or anything, I just never got it. Too me they all smell good because they are made to smell good. Not judging anyone who does have a problem with some of these fragrances, and I of course would respect anyone who had deodorant requirements if I were to meet them (It's not that I overdo it, but you never know.)

• @CuddleBarista1 I had no idea that some of these fragrances could send someone to the hospital.😱

• Perfume is risky since everyone has different preferences/tolerances for certain scents. The only thing I really want to smell on a person I'm cuddling with for an extended period of time is the toothpaste and soap they use.

• @AGnihon that is possible and there are cases about that. People can be super sensitive and 1 wrong ingredient
    whether it is fragrance, beverages, food, etc. can have someone sent to the hospital.

• I get migraines often and it's really frustrating to me when I specifically ask someone not to wear perfume, but they do anyway. It feels like a stupid reason to refuse a cuddle session (and I never have), but it can really mess up my whole day.

• Most pros who think about their clients and themselves will ask in messages do you like scents or not and proceed from there. Scents do not bother me but if it does bother you and it is not on their profile or brought up in messages, I highly recommend using your personal responsibility and raising the topic. I say that because I used to make assumptions until I ran into someone that reeked of cigarettes. That’s on me for not asking.

• Even though I know perfume is taboo in the Cuddling world I actually get a lot of compliments on my perfume and people often asked me to make sure to wear that same perfume next time. The thing is I wear quality perfume and I don’t put a whole lot of it on just one spray on either side of my neck and maybe one on my chest. I have several perfumes but the ones I wear the most are Chanel Chance ( the pink bottle)
    and Amazing Grace by Philosophy. I’ve literally never had a single complaint about my perfume. In my intake form I do ask if someone has allergies.

• edited August 2022

If fragrance bothered me, I’d have that in my profile & would discuss it with a potential client ahead of time. Quite the opposite, I tend to love it when someone wears cologne or perfume.

I generally don’t wear any when I cuddle, but you can definitely smell my soap, deodorant, and toothpaste. If I do wear some (because I know my client likes it) I have perfume oils I like to wear. It’s easy to control how much & where I put it.

I’m aware some people have a histamine or otherwise adverse reaction to perfumes. I feel for them because outside of cuddling, I love perfumes. I have loved them all my life.

• I always ask if it's ok to wear a fragrance. And if they agree, I ask about a preference, as I have many different sprays and lotions 💛🌻

• @AGnihon

Too me they all smell good

You are a lucky fellow! To me, an unhelpful proportion of them smell of yak urine, extracted some considerable time after the yak has died.

• I prefer no perfume or scented lotion because I’m sensitive to most perfumes and they irritate me. Some shampoo residual smells can be strong too, but usually tolerable.

Sometimes when I walk by a person wearing a lot of perfume I’m revolted by the stench and can’t understand how they could not realize how strong it is.

If someone lights up a cigarette 50 feet away from me outdoors I immediately notice it and leave the area.

All that being said, I do love the light fragrance of many natural smells like pine needles, balsam fir trees, mint, honeysuckle, and lemongrass to name a few.

• Ha! What a description, @CuddleDuncan! I nearly lost a mouthful of tea.

Some artificial scents—and I've never been able to pin down which ones, or why—burn my nose and throat rather than smelling like much of anything. It's unfortunate.

• I am not privy to the taste and smell of urine extracted from dead yaks so I will leave that to the expert. Come to think of it I have never felt the compunction for smelling dead organism urine ever and i have dressed a dead animal before.

• @CuddleDuncan That is quite interesting, but must be so frustrating especially if you are in crowds and have no control over the fragrances around you.