*Rant* How Did/Do You All Deal With a Job You Hate?

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User]Emerald20772 (deleted user)

@CoolCuddler11 this is the best response on here. I definitely agree with the not burning any bridges part. I like to say “don’t burn any bridges because you never know if you’ll have to cross it”.

• Dear @Meyous: I apologize. I wasn't feeling hostile or wanting to sound hostile. I do not need to take a pill. I was just concerned about anyone who read this thread and might assume the post was correct. I think this would be a long shot, but I have chatted with some naive people and was thinking of them. I am sorry. I have felt hostile here, but not at you and certainly for not what I believe was a sincere desire to help on your part. Your response surprises me but is duly noted. Have a good evening.

• edited August 2022

@reurbo - With a quick check on the Internet, I have found numerous trustworthy references that say that you're wrong. I won't bother to cite more than one, but I haven't found any that back you up.

In response to the question "Is giving a bad job reference illegal? The Society for Human Resource Management replied
    "There are no federal laws that address what an employer can or can't say about a worker. Many states, however, have enacted legislation that gives employers a qualified immunity when providing information for a reference check.Feb 28, 2018.

Can you cite any reliable references that support your position, or is it that you think that such laws should exist, therefore they must exist?

• You and the others were quite hostile, as if deliberate and to put me in my place. A few of you went so far as to visit my profile. It did not take such extremes to correct an error. This is a forum, not a fight cage, I have a very different opinion about many of you cuddlers. It was unfriendly😏
    Lucky for me I’m a happy, leveled-headed, sensible woman with much going on in my life.

• @Meyous - Giving you the benefit of the doubt, you probably didn't intend to be giving legal advice, but when you allege as fact, the existence of a particular law or laws, You most certainly are offering legal advice.

I was not intending to be hostile. Rather, I was vigorously and emphatically refuting your statement. How would you feel if somebody were to ruin, or at least damage his life, by reading, believing, and then acting on your advice, took actions that would cost him a chance at good jobs in the future?

I make this plea to you, to @reurbo, and to whoever may be tempted to offer legal advice on this, or any other forum, please be 100% certain before stating a legal belief as if it were fact.

• Locking this thread. It seems the discussion has severely derailed from OP talking about their job to now being about the legality of things people can or can't do and who can comment about it. While some threads the topic stems productive discussion, this isn't one of them.

This discussion has been locked.