Why do so many men not have profile photos?

[Deleted User]SoftTouchAngel (deleted user)

All the women have profile photos are these men hiding from their wives 😂

Comments

• All the women have profile photos

This is absolutely not true; if you look at enthusiasts (not pros), just as many women as men lack profile photos.

I don’t have a profile photo because I don’t want people in my personal life to know I’m on this site; they would think it’s weird. Since I’m generally going to be the one initiating contact on this site rather than receiving messages, there’s little motivation for me to post photos - I just send them when I message someone.

• I'm self-conscious about my appearance, and I don't want to get made fun of if someone I know from my job or social sphere finds my profile.

Such is the nature of persistent unchecked bullying for decades, almost as if it was encouraged by society.

• I know from other threads that it is common for women to not post photos, but where are those profiles? I rarely see them and I do look. Just curious.

• edited August 2022

@SoftTouchAngel @achetocuddle If you do a search in my area for female enthusiasts you’ll see a few blank/no picture profiles.

But, let’s assume more men’s profiles have no picture compared to women’s profiles. If this is true, I can probably think of a few reasons, but this is probably the main one that pops in my mind:

It’s pretty easy as a guy to book an appointment with a professional with a blank profile, as long as you are otherwise respectful. So, little incentive to work on profile for the guys that are just looking for professional, and not enthusiast cuddlers. As a professional you can def request an up to date photo or however you want to screen, zoom etc and ignore the ones who don’t want to even do this. Ducking wives might be part of it though to a lesser degree I think.

• Thanks @sunnysideup. I have been wondering what area this applied to. I realize there may be others.

• edited August 2022

achetocuddle, You have to set your search options to show only non-pro women who are open to cuddling men and specify that a picture isn’t necessary. I think you’ll find that most of the women in the search results won’t have pictures. And many of those who do, won’t be identifiable.

• @warm_embrace Thanks a bunch. I've been curious about this since I saw the first thread about women not posting their pics.

• Because I’m unappealing in that manner. My appeal is likely not in my smile or appearance.

• I do not have one pic of me on my profile 😂

• Some women don’t have profile photos, I figure it’s easier to have my profile photo because I expect the cuddlers I write to have so many messages it’s easier for them to decide who to speak and not have to ask for a photo.

• [Deleted User]Pieces70 (deleted user)
    edited August 2022

@sunnysideup @SoftTouchAngel
    Did you also come to the conclusion that women with no photos of themselves are also ducking a spouse? Or, does it raise suspicion only if a man does it?
    And, what to make of the ladies posting a picture of only their pet?

• @Pieces70 I did not come to that conclusion because it is so less often the case.

• @OhioMike - you're definitely a catfish. Surprised you're still here TBH.

• edited August 2022

Go to Settings and scroll down to Privacy. Click the box. Now, in order to see your photos, somebody has to join the site.

You can also set individual photos to Private, so that they can be seen only by Friends.

I would guess that the proportion of enthusiast women and men who do/don't post a photo of themselves is roughly similar. Professionals have to post a clear face picture.

Pictures can be attached to messages.

• Wwwwwwwhat? 😂

• @Green_Eyes 😂😂😂😂😂

• I wouldn't know. I'm a catfish. Meow.

-Catfish

• Maybe they are trying to avoid feeling like they are being rejected for their appearance if they write someone and don't hear back or get turned down.

• Women enthusiast cuddlists do not have photos more often than do.
    But to answer the question, we want to cuddle without everyone being in our business.
    In my case, I post photos in the event that someone actually is interested. Though from what I understand the odds are not in my favor. 😬

• edited August 2022

In my town 100% of the female enthusiasts have pics and 40% of the males enthusiasts do.
    In the general Nashville area, only 6 of the first 25 male enthusiasts recently onsite have pics.

• edited August 2022

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the most important thing is:

• Having a clear photo (I think 3 to 5)
    • Look clean and presentable (not hot) - where a nice shirt, comb your hair, shave
    • Smile or show positive body language
    • Show your personality, a pet, or a hobby (maybe hanging out w friends and having a good time)

I've seen a lot of men's profile appear to have low effort: 1 or 0 pictures, scowling at the camera in an undershirt or old shirt, very few pictures that show you having fun or doing something interesting...

I think there's a misconception- cuddling is not a beauty contest or cat walk. But I feel cuddlers are looking for a smile, good energy, good hygiene, a good personality, and safe/trustworthy.

The dating scene is another story and have about a dozen more requirements that aren't limited to looks alone (e.g. - values, goals, chemistry, hobbies, fashion sense, wit, charm, etc.).

For either sphere, I feel taking good care of your mind, body, and spirit will make you a good match - any issue that you have may be directed to one or all of the above vs. some innate standard of beauty that you may or may not have. If you have a healthy sense of the above, you will grow confidence, which is probably the most important factor imo.

I think this is also an issue of a fixed mindset vs. a growth mindset.

• edited August 2022

This is absolutely not true; if you look at enthusiasts (not pros), just as many women as men lack profile photos.

I already get unsolicited messages from people, I can't imagine how much worse it be if I used an actual profile pic.

I only changed my profile from the default because the pros weren't even checking my account/reviews when booking and getting shocked when we meet. Figured it may funnel them to at least CHECK.

• @cylee1180 Terrific post! If you don't take care of yourself, inside and out, it will show in your body, facial and written expression. Adequate self-care to be approachable and confident is a goal to shoot for and will vary with each person.

• @achetocuddle I used to dance a lot. What I found was that when I was by myself and looking for pple to dance with, then it didn't happen. When I looked and felt like I was having fun by myself, it attracted more pple to want to dance or be around me.

• @SoftTouchAngel - I agree with @CuddleWho

Additionally, due to my profession, I do not want to post a photo on here.

• edited August 2022

@achetocuddle I'm always interested in these data points.

Enthusiasts who have logged on in the last month:

Women (who cuddle men) within 50 miles of London - 40
    ... Any photo: 17 = 42%
    ...... Clearly identifable: 12 = 30%
    ...... Other: 5 = 12%

Men (who cuddle women) within 20 miles of London - 361
    ... Any photo: 169 = 47%
    ...... Clearly identifable: 148 = 41%
    ...... Other: 21= 6%

"Other" includes partial faces, but there were only a very small number of those.

(Working out the figures for women who cuddle women and men who cuddle men is too much like hard work because of the way the Filter function works.)

The conclusion is fairly clear - there isn't much difference in the London area. If there is a difference, it is that men are more likely to post a clearly recognisable picture of themselves than women.

• edited August 2022

Some reasons men don't upload a photo to the site:

• They are embarrassed or insecure about how they look
    • They can't take a decent photo of themselves or one they like
    • They are a public figure or otherwise someone who would easily be recognizable. It doesn't happen often, very rarely, but occasionally someone like a local weatherman or judge will use the platform and doesn't want to be widely known for doing so
    • They were previously banned and don't want to be easily found to be banned again
    • They aren't sure if cuddling is a legitimate business or something non-platonic. So to prevent being exposed should the site get hacked and user info gets released they aren't outed
    • They are in a serious relationship and will say their significant other doesn't even touch them anymore but the significant other doesn't know they are using the site just to be held
    • They say they have a high privacy concern and don't want to share their photo yet will still have accounts with Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Amazon, WhatsApp, Snapchat, GMail and use an iphone or android phone while browsing the internet on Chrome

These aren't all the reasons I've come across, but some of them. Also, Professionals are required by the site to have a clear photo of their face while anyone who isn't a Pro doesn't have those requirements.

• There are far more men than women on here so of course there are more with no pics and blank profiles than women , but that doesnt mean there are still not a good percentage of women (not counting pros) with no pic or profile. And it shouldn't matter . Nobody has to post pics etc unless they want to and people have various, legit reasons for not doing so.

• I am one who does not have photos on my profile. I am older, professional and honestly, not everyone I know in my friend group gets what it means meeting for a cuddle. There is stigma that I am searching for sex workers (which is not the case). I accept this is my reasoning.

I do send my picture when requesting a cuddle.

And I wish the website would link photos too. For example, I signed up via Facebook and sadly non of my photos did come through. Website allows me to connect but not option for keeping my profile like other website for website access.

• There's the Catch 22 - on one hand, some men don't want to post pictures or post pictures that express who they are, on the other hand, the same men also wonder why no one wants to cuddle them for free. You can't really have it both ways.

The women that I've wanted to cuddle, whether pros or enthusiasts have very clear (and interesting) pictures where they're presentable (not necessarily trying to look like a "date") , having fun, and maybe doing something or visiting somewhere novel. I feel most men wouldn't want to cuddle with someone without a profile- it's like having nice photos is expected for women, but not so much for men. I feel it's a double standard. It's all about two-way traffic.

Taking a few steps back, if you don't post recent pictures bc of self-esteem issues, then complain how women don't want to cuddle with you for free (and most women don't want to cuddle with someone without a full profile), but then get upset with women for the end result- then you are not addressing the root issue..