Chattiness / Penpals: Extended message conversations with people ?

Hi!

As I'm still new to the site, I have been browsing lots of profiles all over the place and have run across lots of interesting people.

What is the culture of this site in terms of being pseudo-penpals with people far away (or near) who you probably wouldn't ever be able to cuddle in real life? (Assuming they are interested).

Since the site is about human connection, it seems like some people might (inadvertently) make new friends. But at the same time it's not precisely the aim.

I hope I'm phrasing this correctly.

Comments

• As I understand it, a lot of forum users in particular end up in long-distance friendships with each other. It's not the goal, but you never know: travel (and cuddles) may occur at some point in the future!

Or not. But you never know... and friendships are nice.

• Thanks @DaringSprinter for the feedback. I appreciate the kindness, especially as someone with some anxieties about all this.

• You're welcome! I hope things go well for you here.

• edited September 2022

My feeling is that this is pretty common. Certainly happens to me.

In my case it usually comes out of the forum. If you're opening a conversation cold be prepared for no reply, which is by far the commonest outcome.

This is a social networking site. Its purpose is for people to establish connections with each other. Sure, the context is cuddling but pen-pals or long distance friendship falls well within that remit.

• Comfort can come in different ways. Sometimes, just a kind word in a message or an acknowledgment of your existence can be the equivalent of a hug (at least emotionally).

• @CuddleDuncan Thanks for the wisdom.

@WriterGF I like the way you put that.

Hopefully everyone finds some comfort here at least once today

• [Deleted User]CoffeeMama (deleted user)

I've noticed several people here cuddle virtually, and they seem to really enjoy it. 🙂

• This seems to be happening to me with one person and I like it. I hope it continues.

• I’ve done cuddling via text in the past. Most really enjoy it.

• I think joy and connection can happen via being “pen” pals. Perhaps just knowing someone is there thinking of you is like a hug. 🫂

• Totally fine as long as both people are into it and you aren't bugging a pro. Well, or anyone for that matter.

• My regular cuddle friend (pro) cuddle 1x a week on avg, and since we met in early June have pretty much texted each other daily. We just clicked naturally like that, but I'm pretty sure that's rare here. I've seen where some pros offer consistent texting for a price. This is not that, and I did not join this site ever expecting this. We are just naturally interested in each other's lives.

• @CoffeeMama Thanks for the information. I can't imagine what that means, so off to google I go...

@john5555 That sounds wonderful

@Bear Hmm. Back to google again for me. :)

@TNNative That is a really good point

@MDW Ah, yes. The I'm-super-afraid-to-be-bugging-someone trap. Curses, foiled again!

@dungeondrummer What a special gift you have received. Congrats

I couldn't sleep last night, so good thing I'm not paying for a session today because it would just turn into me sleeping and I'd miss the whole thing :grin:

• @GreyingBear
    Thank you! I am very greatful for this person who has become a presence in my life.

• @dungeondrummer Same with me! I have a few members I text snd chat with regularly as well.

It's neat to swap stupid memes and catch up on how everybody's day has gone.

Living alone and working the night shift there were days I didn't talk to anyone but the dogs.

And I'm an insomniac's dream because I'm up at all the weird hours.

• Most people I comverse with here I will never meet . It is nice to be able to communicate and be friends with people from all over the map, knowing that whether or not there is an agenda to ever meet we still have an online connection (or off if we have exchanged info )

• I’ve met myself several times here and I still have yet to leave karma. What a lazy little f’er I am.