Keeping professional cuddling on the right path for growth and success

[Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
Professional cuddling is amazing and I hope to see it continue to grow and be a successful form of therapy and relaxation. It is however at a stage where we are experiencing growing pains. On one side, you have professional cuddlers with opinions and points of you that clients don't always agree with and vice versa. On sites like snugglebuddies and the hand full of cuddle houses that exist, there are standards and so there isn't much room for argument. Here on cuddle comfort however, where professionals work as independent contractors, things are very different. How do we keep things moving in the right direction?

Comments

• [Deleted User]masterofcuddle (deleted user)
    While we all know this is a business, I think the source of frustration for the clients come when Pros try to treat it too much like a business. Most clients on here just want a friend that can comfort them for a few hours when times get tough. We know there is money involved but the less we think about the money and the more we think about the Pro as a friend the better the session.

Things like cameras and tipping etc just make us clients think about the business aspect. Things start to get a little heated in the forum discussions but keep in mind that's all us clients really want. We want a friend that wants to snuggle us.
  • [Deleted User]FlowerofLife (deleted user)
    @ Morpheus-  thank you my dear for bringing this topic up :-)   I agree with you 100%!  @ Masterofcuddle-  you also brought up very valid points. In spite that this is considered "generated income" for some of us, I feel the importance of satisfying the client's needs comes first, and foremost.  If we could implement the bartering system like our Ancestors did, then we could eliminate the "money" issue.  Unfortunately, times are different and we need currency.  If you could look at this in a different way.....In my circles of like minded friends, we all agree that money is a "healthy" exchange of energy.  The flow of this energy allows/creates a positive connection between the individuals that are making this exchange.  I love you guys! Peace
  • Maybe clients stop attacking pros who express opinions and start expressing their own opinions with respect. A perfect example of how to do this was in the "Tipping" forum I posted by Mark:

"Here's my view just from a personal perspective: I find any mention of tipping in an interaction awkward. For example, if someone before meeting me were to say that tipping is welcome but not expected, simply by the mention of it I feel it has now set a level of expectation. I feel it's an obvious assumption to think someone would appreciate gratuity so why mention it. And for the rare circumstances where it's not accepted, you can state that somewhere. Even in a situation where your offer is rejected, you're not going to feel bad after attempting a positive gesture."

What is not okay is:

"I have a Tip for you. NO TIP JARS!!!"

There's a way to talk to people like they are actually humans, rather than thorns in your side.

With mutual respect, growth can actually happen! With Mark's comment, I could actually listen to his perspective and understand; I now don't think tip jars are a good idea. Other comments simply came off saying "Wow, how money hungry! You're wrong, this is how it should be" with no explanation. And that has been with literally EVERY FORUM.

I suggested to mark that reviews should be made and all comments should be reviewed before being placed on the forums, since a lot of people are simply here to troll or can't keep themselves from it.

I'm really open to hearing other points of view and debating respectfully, but when all that's going on is people yelling and circle jerking over their own opinions, there's no communication and no growth.
  • [Deleted User]masterofcuddle (deleted user)
    @brandi I do apologize for the "I have a tip for you" comment. It came from a source of frustration but if you read my last post I explained why. I'm not sure why you are singling me out. That comment wasn't meant to be a personal attack.
  • [Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
    edited February 2017
    I agree that respectful communication is the key and we all need to respectfully meet somewhere in the middle. How do we arrive at that place where we can turn the heated discussions into respectful discussions?

I think there is already an opinion formed and our emotions automatically go to a defensive place when we see new comments on the message boards because of past experiences. Then what ensues is or appears to be attacking and a heated discussion.

With people like @Mark there is no pre existing animosity so he can possibly say the same thing that one of us says and it won't be taken badly.

I think we all need to start fresh, try to put all negative emotions aside and agree to state our opinions respectfully and be mindful of what we say.
  • [Deleted User]Spoonie (deleted user)
    @Brandi. You have a point. I'll make a deal with you. I will treat you with more respect if you will stop treating the men here as pervy  ATM's. Deal?
  • That makes me super sad that you assume I think of you guys like that. I dont.
  • It's better if pros just admit this...As crude as he said it...We shouldn't pretend this is anything beyond that.
    The string of snuggler pros who severed all ties once they started doing something else after dozens of sessions and several hundreds of dollars spent kinda prove that point to me more than anyone's words.
    I don't think clients should expect a pro to be their friend. We want to feel like you're our friend but in the end, it's business. If an actual friendship develops naturally, great, that's awesome but the expectation shouldn't be there in my opinion.
  • I have no expectations. Sometimes the acting is so good. You fall for it despite your better judgement.
    Yes, I've been there and done that which is why I feel so strongly about not having expectations.
  • I like this for sure. As a Pro that just started today and has no clients, I want to make sure I do things right. This is definitely, first and foremost a business, with a contract and everyone. Though it is and business that offers platonic companionship which is actually a wonderful idea. Some people just need someone to talk to and some intimacy. I believe, what is important, is to establish clear boundaries, the "do's and don't's" let's say. And I am not insinuating that people are looking for anything sexual here, but to let the client and pro have a defined bond and boundary. But approaching people as and friend, isn't a bad thing, in my opinion. I may be too naive or too nice, but like any customer service job, building trust and communication with the client is essential. If Retail has taught me anything, it is that.
    Though I do believe if this website had more advertising to draw people in, it would be even better. At least for me, cuz I found this website on sheer accident. Better advertising tactics can help. Though not completely sure how to advertise, social media is what I can think of. But I would love to hear anyone's thoughts on the matter to make this business grow.
  • Not really sure it's a good idea to grow too fast or too much.