Found a NEW KARAOKE VENUE!!! What are some of your favorite karaoke songs???

[Deleted User]JewelsnTools (deleted user)

It's been MONTHS since I've been able to karaoke, for various reasons. Now, though, I've found another venue!!!! I. CANNOT. WAIT!!!! Even if we curdle milk and break glass with "off" notes, it's still fun--- like being at a discount concert! lol

Do you karaoke? Not pointing any pupils, @Sheena123 ! :) If so, what are some of your favorite karaoke songs to ROCK OUT with?

Mine, in no particular order, are as follows:
*Simple Man-- Lynyrd Skynyrd...or however the f they spell their band's name! lol
*Gimme Three Steps... ^^same band
*Landing in London--- It's either Nickelback or Three Doors Down.. can't remember, right now..
*Goodbye Time-- Blake Shelton
*Tyrone-- Erykah Badu
*Wanted: Dead or Alive-- Bon Jovi.. I think..
*You Give Love a Bad Name-- Bon Jovi
*Rooster-- LOOOOVE THIS SONG!!-- Alice in Chains
*Man in the Box-- ^^same band
*A House is Not a Home-- Luther Vandross
*Love Calls-- Kem
Okay. This may be "overkill."

What are some of yours??? :)

Jewels

P.s., I forgot to include Turn the Page, by Bob Seger! lol
And that time when Metallica played with the symphony? I was transported to another world!!!

Comments

• edited October 2022

@JewelsnTools yay! Those are good ones! I haven’t don’t Boni Jovi but I want to now!

I like cheesy or over the top:
    “I am, I Said” Neil Diamond
    “Common People” Pulp
    “it’s the end of the world (as we know it)” REM
    “I’ve been everywhere” Johnny Cash.

Those last two are ridiculous. :)

P.S. you’re so right about that Metallica show!

• @Syins Love Pulp. Are you able to do a Jarvis voice impersonation?

• I love karaoke too!

“Black Velvet” by Alannah Miles
    “Wicked Game” by Chris Isaak
    “The Promise” by When in Rome
    “Back to Black” by Amy Winehouse

• [Deleted User]JewelsnTools (deleted user)

Hahahaha!!! Yaaayyyy, @Syins , GO FOR IT!!! BON JOVI FOR PRESIDENT!!! lololol!
    "Cheesy" and "Over the Top"--- YOU UNDERSTAND!!!! Those last two are most assuredly NOT "ridiculous"!! I'm blown away that you can do "End of the World"! They bite those words off so quickly that I'd be slobbering on myself! lol
    And the Old Master, Sir Johnny Cash, shall forever be honored!!!

My "cheesy" and "over the top" songs are:
    *Harvest Moon-- Neil Young
    *Cinnamon Girl-- ^^same artist
    *** I LOVE "I am, I said," by Neil Diamond! Had to get that said! :)
    *Wicked Games-- Chris Isaaks (makes my head swoon!)
    partially because I love the song, and partially because I smoke! hahaha!
    *That's All-- Mel Torme, the Velvet Fog! :)
    *Elvis' version of "Bridge Over Troubled Waters"!!! Touches me, deeply, for some reason!

Thanks for sharing!!! More please?

Jewels

• @FunCartel it’s serviceable; breathy, low and little throw away.

@JewelsnTools you obviously get it!! Great karaoke is more about enthusiasm than talent. If you don’t have talent then turn up the ENTHUSIASM!! :)

Bridge over trouble waters!! Yes! Great one.

Oh and at some point the wheels fall off my version of ‘end of the world,’ but that’s all part of the fun, I’m like watching a circus performer on either his first day or last day. :D

“let’s dance to Joy Division” is fun.
    “Then he kissed me” I do it very sincerely and it’s tons of fun.

• Love karaoke.
    some songs I enjoy for karaoke are:

• Enjoy the Silence by Depeche Mode
    • It's a Sin by Petshop Boys (or the Gamma Ray cover version)
    • Can't Help Falling in Love by Elvis Presley
    • Blue Suede Shoes by Elvis Presley
    • Aces High by Iron Maiden
    • Breaking the Law by Judas Priest
    • Tornado of Souls by Megadeth
    • Pride (In the Name of Love) by U2
      And plenty more, but those are what I could think of off the top of my head.
  • edited October 2022

This local shit dive bar called The Nick used to do heavy metal karaoke night. So much fun. They had everything from motley crue to Pantera to cannibal corpse. I have done screams shrieks and growls for a few bands back in the day,.so this was always a good time

• I can’t carry a tune in a bucket. So, when I do karaoke I always sing “Everybody Knows” by Leonard Cohen.

• edited October 2022

Lol! I’m at karaoke right now! 😆😆

Tonight I’m singing :

Black velvet - alannah miles
    Separate ways - Journey
    Girl on Fire - Alicia Keys
    Uninvited - Alannis Morissette

Some other faves I love to sing are:

More than a feeling from Boston
    Anything from Whitney Houston
    A lot of songs from Adele
    You Say from Lauren Daegle

A lot… lol 😆

Welcome back @JewelsnTools

• Anything with out a range.

Not Fade Away - Buddy Holly and the Crickets
    Anything by Bo Diddly
    Anything by Ringo Starr
    Anything by the Stooges
    Etc. so I don't have to really sing.

This enables me to focus on rocking the place especially when it's a spur-of-the-moment event which Karaoke usually is.

• LOVE karaoke! So much fun!

So many songs by Faith Hill.
    Make You feel my Love - Adele
    Could you Lie and When You say Nothing at All - Allison Krause
    Blown Away - Carrie Underwood
    Feels like Home - Chantal Kreviazuk
    Cowboy take Me Away and Landslide - the Chicks
    Bring me to Life - Evanescence
    Brighter than the Sun - Colbie Caillat

This is just a few.

You all DO realize, don't you, that I'm sooooo STEALING all of your songs!!!!! lololol Sooo many good ones!!!
    @Sheena123 , just rub it right on in, why don't you!!! lol I would LOVE to see you sing!! Thank you for the warm welcome! :)

@pmvines ~ Aren't "dive bars" just the total best??? They always make me think of Neil Diamond, "Mr. Piano Man"! :) Squealing for metal makes me produce all kinds of pleasure chemicals... Dopamine, Oxytocin... and Heavy Metal hits my system like an anti-anxiety medication! Wish like H-ll I could have seen you perform!!!

THESE SELECTIONS ARE ALL SOOOO GOOD!!! "When You Say Nothing at All"! Yes!! "Blue Suede Shoes"!!! A moment of appreciative peace for Elvis! "Bring Me to Life"---YES!!!!!!!! @TNNative , you are now my Spirit Animal! :) lol I've been lurking, and enjoying your perspective, for a few days now! :)

@PeopleLikeUs , YOU UNDERSTAND!!! It's soooo AWESOME when the crowd picks up the song and brings it on in, with you, with energy, isn't it???? Thank you for that!!!

@warm_embrace , don't worry! The simple fact that you'll get up and share with us is MORE THAN ENOUGH!!! I don't bother with the buckets for carrying my tunes in... I just BELT IT OUT, and let the chips fall where they may!!! I would LOVE to see your bucket-less performance, anyway!!!!

@CSnMUS87 , I FEEL LIKE I HAVE FOUND MY TRIBE!!! lolol! I sat down and compiled a list of all the songs that I was "willing" to do--- why is it that when I'm there, I can only think of four??? lolol If you think of any more, be sure to add them! Thanks for the songs! :)

This is soooo awesome and fun! Thank you all for sharing!!! Yes, I'm going to "appropriate" some of your suggestions, lol, but please, if you think of any more, do share!!!

Also, if you have any fun stories of some of the things that happened during your karaoke adventures, please feel free to share those, too!!! :)

Jewels

• @JewelsnTools if the toilet is clean enough to sit on without putting on 13 layers of paper towels, its not a good joint 😉

@pmvines ~ I almost "barf laffed" at that one!! Where's THAT emoji?! lololol!!! Oh, some of the places I've been! :) Makes me think of @Syins singing, along with Cash, "I've Been Everywhere, Man!" lolol!

Maybe it's just the general area, but has anyone else noticed that karaoke enthusiasm comes and goes in waves? At first, it'll be all the rage, then slowly, it dribbles down and stops...? Has this been anyone else's experience?

It's a thrill, for me, when I see someone muster up the courage to GO AHEAD AND GET UP THERE!!! Then, to see their delight when others clap and roar for them!!! I think we all need a few folks to clap and roar for us, sometimes! :)

A few more favorites:
    *Born to Be Wild- I don't know WHO originally sang this! lol I just happily beat it up!
    *Before I Let Go and Golden Time of Day, Frankie Beverly and Maze
    *The Look of Love- Dusty Springfield's version
    *The Way- Jill Scott
    *Awake- Godsmack <<< and yes, I do that last part.. It's exciting! (cue "cheesy" and "over the top!")

What are some of the things you all like most about karaoke? Please share?

Jewels

• @JewelsnTools

I find that when you are in a bar filled with supportive people that are there solely to enjoy the singers, it’s a great environment. It helps the very shy singers get up and try a song when everyone is so excited for every singer. Some places I’ve gone to had such amazing crowds where they clapped like nobody’s business for every single singer whether they were new or a skilled singer. Such a good feeling 🥰

@Sheena123 ~ Oh, how you cause me pain!!! lol I have to WAIT ALL THE WAY UNTIL SATURDAY to experience the JOY you just expressed so eloquently!!!! :) It's almost magic, isn't it? When the energy's right, the crowd's engaged, and the Shy Ones find the courage to try??? I "roared" for one young lady and, when she finished her song, she came over and hugged me!!! I was glorified that I'd encouraged her so well!!!

CAN'T. WAIT. FOR. SATURDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Once, a young man came up to me after I'd just finished "Simple Man," and he had tears in his eyes. Of course, my own did the Sponge Bob Squirt of Tears as he reached for my hands! He smiled at me, quietly thanked me, turned, and got lost back out in the crowd. I don't know what he may have been dealing with, but I was HONORED that he came forward!!!

Good feeling, indeed! Thanks for bringing that in, @Sheena123!

• I am too shy to do karaoke but if I wasn’t I would wanna sing “Lucky” by Britney Spears 😇

• [Deleted User]CrouchingAUTigr (deleted user)

Ob-la-di, ob-la-da, life goes on,
    La-la, how their life goes on

This was my one-time karaoke song and it won me a crown. 😂

Picture at Moose Lodge in Proctor, MN

Holler at me, MN folks! SKOL!!!

• Roy Orbison's "You Got It"

The best feel-good song ever.

We now honor the Crown Prince of Karaoke, @05vita21lov21 !!! We honor our royalty! lol :)
    Roy. Orbison.? SOMEBODY UNDERSTANDS!!!

• Gotta sing Old Shep. Get the whole place crying.

• I have been singing to the scam likely callers . Today it was Hold On and Dont Stop Believing . They usually hang up right away , however a few have joined in 😂

• edited October 2022

@pmvines omg…they actually started singing with you? That’s kinda awesome haha

Hahahaha!!! What a cool use for my karaoke skills!!!! Never would have thought of that!!! lololol!!!

• @Charlie_Bear

I am too shy to do karaoke

Same, my friend... Same. I love singing though. 😊

• Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! - ABBA
    Holding out for a Hero - Bonnie Tyler
    Take me to church - Hozier
    When somebody wants to leave - Dolly Parton

I love love love karaoke!!

• edited October 2022

Fun stuff. I'm really enjoying these! Some of my faves, but it's been forever since I've done karoke:

Thunder Road, Bruce Springsteen
    Born To Run, Springsteen
    Scenes From An Italian Restaurant, Billy Joel
    Under The Boardwalk, The Drifters
    Faithfully, Journey
    18, Alice Cooper
    Don't Ket The Sun Go Down On Me, Elton John
    The Load Out/Stay, Jackson Browne
    Hotel California (and pretty much anything else by), The Eagles