What's a show/movie you could watch over and over again?

[Deleted User]personaldream (deleted user)

I have been re-watching Avatar - The last Airbender anime so I thought I would ask you all to interact with the community as I recently joined. What's a show you could rewatch again and again?

For me, Schitt's Creek, Naruto, The Legend of Korra, Brooklyn 99, Chef's plate, Queer Eye, Tiny House Nation, a documentary called My octopus teacher.... and a couple more.

Comments

• [Deleted User]SnuggleSuz (deleted user)

Captain Fantastic I love the story line and I learn something everytime I watch it.

• Anchorman, goonies , I love you man , and too many horror and suspense movies to name . Oddly I don't watch tv , even though i own 2 of them . Dont have the streaming channels, though i think i have Amazon prime because of my prime account but dont know the password to watch on tv. I do however love to watch tv and movies when visiting others, or when at a hotel .

• [Deleted User]Zundar (deleted user)

Stardust and District 9 are the only two I can think of off the top of my head for films, for shows The IT Crowd for sure.

• There are several, as for shows I keep going back to Game of Thrones. Movies without a doubt Shawshank Redemption. I’ll always sit and watch it if I come across it while flipping through channels.

• MASH, Friends, Gilmore Girls, Dances with Wolves, Master and Commander, Open Range, The Man from Snowy River

• edited October 2022

For movies, Fast Times at Ridgemont High (not because of THAT scene 😅) and Joe Dirt. For TV, The Office. Clearly I am a man of culture…

• @personaldream I saw you mentioned Queer Eye. My favorite episode is the very first one, “You Can’t Fix Ugly”. I could never get tired of seeing Tom get his makeover.

• I enjoy watching a lot of these short sci-fi films online. These two are my favorites:
    "BEYOND" (sci-fi short film)
    “Final Offer" (sci-fi short film) DUST Original

• edited October 2022

I was a big fan of bates motel and hannibal, as well as dexter and true blood

• Don't Be A Menace

To South Central

While Drinking Your Juice In The Hood

• I re-watch things too many times.
    But to name a few shows... The Simpsons(definitely seen multiple episodes enough times for trivia games), Silicon Valley, Dragon Ball Z, Yu Yu Hakusho, and I'd have to think about what other shows.
    As far as movies go, there are too many that I've watched over and over to remember them all, but some that stick out are Amadeus, Uncle Buck, Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, some Marvel movies, and more.

• @CSnMUS87 Yu Yu Hakusho, I see you are cultured as well

• Ju Jitsu Kaizen

• Halt and Catch fire.

• MASH, Golden Girls, New Girl, Will and Grace.

Movies: Shawshank Redemption, Tombstone, Dirty Dancing, Fried Green Tomatoes, Princess Bride, Goonies to name a few. ❤

• I've rewatched the Harry Potter movies over and over. Shows..New Girl, Star Trek, and Mad Men. Back when the pandemic first started I had a new baby and was a single mom, isolated from everyone. I binge watched Mad Men all day and night. In some strange way, the familiarity felt like an old friend.

• @jenluvzscooby love Tombstone !!! That movie made me fall in love with Val Kilmer all over again

• @pmvines I love his portrayal of Doc! Anytime I'm looking for something to watch, and it happens to be on, I always watch it. ❤

• [Deleted User]jinal (deleted user)
    edited October 2022

Tv shows: Star Trek (TNG), Friends, Big Bang Theory, The Office, Schitts Creek, How I Met Your Mother, Cheers and Golden Girls are my “comfort shows”. Maybe some competition shows too…Movies: hmmm…I guess I don’t really have any I watch over and over- depends on my mood. But I normally seek out comedies, rom-coms, dramedies, some musicals and Disney/Pixar if I don’t see anything else that catches my eye.

• edited October 2022

Movies: The Martian, Shawshank Redemption, Good Will Hunting, 10 Things I Hate About You, Say Anything

Shows: The Wonder Years (original series), Hajime No Ippo (boxing anime), Two Broke Girls, My Lovely Sam Soon (kdrama)

*Edit: extra shoutouts: Remember the Titans, 500 days of Summer, Arrival, Hitch (pre-Oscar slap), 28 days later

• If I had a TV, and was willing to give any more of my dollars to the telecom industry, its a no brainer:

Vikings

• X-Files, Family Guy, Star Trek anything, Sister Act, MoonStruck, Sabrina, Golden Girls, The Great Outdoors, Lately been watching Ghostbusters ( Girl Version) and Jumpin Jack Flash over and over again. The infographics show on YT.

• LOTR. All three of them .

• @wrench ... The Man from Snowy River, YES!

Other movies .... all the Harry Potter and Wizarding World movies, Second Hand Lions, Pride and Prejudice (Kira Knightly version), August Rush, The Holiday, Say Anything, Streets of Fire, Love Actually, and the Minion movies.

• [Deleted User]personaldream (deleted user)

@Tigerlilly32 I still haven't seen the Director's cut. I need to do that sometime soon.

@Charlie_Bear I could watch that show any day. A tear rolls down way watching some of them no matter how many times I have seen it.

• TV—Ted Lasso, Ozark, The Dave Chapelle Show

Movies—-Amelie, Everything, Everywhere, All at Once, ANYTHING from Wes Anderson (The Grand Budapest Hotel, Moonrise Kingdom, The Fantastic Mr. Fox), The Big Lebowski, Pulp Fiction

• @personaldream yep, same. And I looooove the finale.

Also Avatar: The Last Airbender is so good!

• @FunCartel I love everything on your list.

• My profile gives it away: the old Addams Family show is my absolute favorite, threatened only by The Munsters (and mostly because of Grandpa Munster).

I grew up watching The Twilight Zone and Outer Limits, as well as Star Trek: The Next Generation—I could watch those over and over again, too.

There are so many different shows out there! Something for everyone.

• Show: The Sopranos
    Movies: mobster movies such as The Godfather, Goodfellas, The Many Saints of Newark, among others