do cats have a sense of humor? πŸˆβ€β¬›πŸ±

edited October 2022 in General

will they laugh if you take them to a comedy club?

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/qzLM4D3mr9k

Β«1

Comments

• No they do not!!

• @peo so it would be best not to take them to a comedy club? …

• Only if they are well behaved and are able to buy their own drinks.

• Cats absolutely have a sense of humor. They think it's hilarious to knock everything off my kitchen counter!! B)

• @peo they buy their own drinks. But the problem is they just knock them off the tables.

• @Jubal agree πŸ’―

@Syins if a cat knocks over a drink πŸ₯ƒ at a comedy club, that would be a cat - tastrophe

• Comedian on stage: "How is everyone? Fe-line good?"

• @cylee1180

Cat 🐈: Feeling purrrr-ific 😺

• I was thinking what an unusual thread this is, but then I saw who started it. LOL. Welcome back cuddles_ndream.

• @achetocuddle end goal is to share some smiles ☺️ thank you sooo much!, So nice to see your presence πŸ«‚ πŸ«‚ : )

• Cats absolutely have a sense of humor. We have two cats that go camping with us, and both of them love to sit around the camp site. They're very well trained, and quickly learn the boundaries of each new site. When I tell them "Go Home," one of them will immediately go up the steps of the RV. The other cat will dash under the RV to the other side, and refuse to come back, until I walk around to get her. As soon as I arrive, she dashes back underneath the RV. When I get back, She will be sitting on the top step, looking smug, and waiting for me to open the door. If that isn't a sense of humor, I don't know what is.

• edited October 2022

LOL cats are devious and maniacal, but I don’t think they’d laugh at anybody else’s jokes

• Oh no... You got me talking about my cats?? Now I'll never stop. THANKS.

I currently have two kitties. They each have jobs which entail them patrolling my garden and keeping the squirrels at bay. They usually do very well with this. They are indoor/outdoor and have their own territory and friends.

I've watched them get embarrassed and it's really cute. After they trip, or fall or run into a wall or whatever they quickly lick themselves while looking frazzled. If you have a cat I encourage you to watch them and recognize it, it's very cute.

I've witnessed pure excited happiness I call the shimmer tail. When I come home from a long session or a trip, my kitties (who are attached at the hip it seems) run out and greet me. Their tails vibrate from the base. "he's shimmering! He's so happy!"

I'm not sure on humor. When I creep around a corner and scare them the reaction isn't humor. When they creep around the corner and scare each other.. The creeping one seems quite amused after he's spooked the other with happy whiskers (fanned out) and a lashing TAIL. Smug would be the correct term I think.

They understand dialogue and intent as much as a dog does. That being said I'm not sure a dog understand humor but they can definitely understand being funny makes humans happy and a happy human is all a pet that has human wants. And wet food. My kitties eyes dilate and they become feral for the wet stuff. 😺

• @GreatHornedOwl / @ClubSamwiches / @OliveGreen : As much as I love cats, I would love if they so lol … I think they only have 4 personality traits and that’s 1) Sleepy 2) hungry 3) Playful 4) Annoyed 5) sleepy again lol

• (This post is exactly why I hate the Internet. Sometimes you just gotta call things out for what they are like this ridiculous waste of time. Come on man, go, take a walk, get some sunshine, clean out your garage, organize your scissor drawer, do ANYTHING but this!)

• @WestsideMarc going to take your advice and take a walk, up the high road πŸ›£οΈ

• @WestsideMarc woww hot take πŸ‘ the rest of us love the internet only because cats

• @ClubSamwiches 🐱 🐈 πŸˆβ€β¬› 🌹

• I really enjoyed that cat video. It's hilarious πŸ˜‚. Cats are natural comedians. I know. Each one of my cats have their own distinct personalities that's uniquely their own ❀️.

• Dogs rule. Cats drool.

• edited October 2022

@WestsideMarc it took you a moment to write all that, you could've at least given us an opinion on cats.

Btw, I did all that today except the scissor drawer thing. I'm taking a break now, and hoping to score a cuddle.

• @CaringSoul I’ve watched that video Atleast 10 times πŸ˜…, notice at the very end when the cat is still going lol

@Tom2019 dogs are awesome as well 🐢, animal life in general 🦦🐳🦌🐠🐏🐾

• They would order a drink, push it off the edge, and order another one.

• @wrench & push it again πŸ˜‚

• edited October 2022

Lol ~ @WestsideMarc ~ I'm almost paws-itive you're a cat!!

"Oh really?!" Says I

I think this explains why @WestsideMarc cropped his photo. But, cat's outta the bag meow!! Cause I'm pretty sure I found an original...

😹

• β˜οΈπŸ˜… <Ha! Yep!!

• Just read a thread on Quora about cats and one woman named her cat Cleocatra. Lol.