cuddling

There is nothing more sweet then having something platonic and then you cry because you’re at peace. Anyone else ever feel that way

Comments

• Indeed! I've gone weeks without touch and as soon as someone hugs me I become mushy 🥹

Once had gone months without touch. Wanted a change to see if it'll help my mood so I went to a friend for her to box braid my hair. She loves my soft natural hair so tends to run her hands through it after combing/before braiding. On this particular day it sent chills down my spine and I began tearing up realizing how long its been since I had any connection.

Now I'm here so I don't have to get to that point. And in the meantime try my best to offer that sense of peace to others 🤗

• Lately it's been hard for me to find someone to connect with.

• No, crying is hell on the sinuses.

• I’ve read a few times over the years that tears are good for your skin, so I often after sharing I don’t wear makeup with someone I’ll say crying is my secret skin care routine.

On a more serious note, I have absolutely cried from the relief that safe and platonic touch has brought me at various points in my life. I discovered professional cuddling after a physically abusive relationship years ago and it was so powerful and healing to learn how to feel safe being touched again, and that happened because of the non-negotiable platonic container professional cuddling created for me. I’m so happy to hear that other people are also able find a comforting emotional release in spaces with those clear platonic boundaries, professional or not.