Fall Activities

What's y'all's favorite fall activity? I'm trying to get some ideas of things I could do this fall.

Comments

• What is this Fall thing you speak of? We're already into winter here in Utah πŸ˜‚

• Bonfires.

• I was thinking bonfire also. But you have to know someone with acreage if you don't have space to host one.

Camp in your backyard or someone else's if you can't get away to the woods or a campground.

Actually one of my fave activities in the fall is raking leaves, but probably not what you were looking for.

@KamikaziNinja86 So sorry autumn apparently skipped you. Bummer.

• I third the bonfire suggestion!

But let’s not forget heading to the pumpkin farm, apple picking, making homemade apple cider and sauce, hiking and seeing the leaves change (always the most gorgeous site of the year) plus you can geocache while you’re doing it, pumpkin carving, doing fun pumpkin head photos, go on a hayride, through a corn maze, beer pop up gardens, Oktoberfest, eating at a supper club, camping, projector movie nights in your backyard.

These are just a few of the things I like to do in the fall.

• edited November 2022

My personal favorite - bike riding on county roads (safer now that the crops are in and you can see cars much better as you approach intersections).

Then there are always tailgate parties if you are into college football or a corn maze (I think some stay open for a while even after Halloween). Depending on whether, this can be a nice time to visit local or state parks (depending on where you live, some states quit charging admission fees this time of year and you can have a lot of solitude in nature since so few people head to the parks this time of year.

My profile pic is one I took in a park I visited last week. The river was down considerably but it was still a beautiful day and I practically had the trails to myself.

• I don't have a place for a bonfire, but I do have a fireplace 😁πŸ”₯

• @JohnR1972 bike rides are such a great idea! Especially right now when the weather is starting to turn just a little bit chilly and the leaves are beginning to fall. So scenic.

• Weekend bonfire parties with lots of friends, food, music, and a few margaritas, late into the night in the quiet countryside.

Letting my dogs run around on the mountainside and get their sniffs in, crunching around on the leaves.

Walking down to the creek with blankets and snacks and a good book, and laying in the hammocks beside the water, in the hazy autumn sunlight.

Fall festivals with food trucks and iced coffee, live bands, face painting, and craft fairs.

• edited November 2022

Being in Florida it’s nice to turn the AC off and open the windows. Great weather for motorcycle riding and taking the convertible out. I try to go north every year to see the leaves change. I just got back from KY, GA, WV, and it was beautiful!!!
    The 14 degree is a WV road

• I started mushroom foraging! Don't worry everyone who wants to warn me to be careful right now, I'm not eating them. Just finding them and trying to identify them. Its a great way to explore your woods.

• @MxSmith Glad you are not eating them yet. Some of those mushrooms look like ears; one looks like a slice of fruit. Neat pic.

• For some reason, the fall season makes me want to go to the library πŸ“š/ or book store πŸ“– / I also crave pumpkin seed cream cheese muffun from Starbucks and a caramel frappaccino with whipped cream … also, I love looking at the colors from
    The trees / this time of year I wish I was somewhere in New England to enjoy the amazing foliage , but I do enjoy stepping on dried leaves 🍁 and feeling the crunch / scarves 🧣/ movies 🍿 πŸŽ₯ and hugs

P.s. MxSmith you take the best pics ever! … they remind me of art every-time 🎨 ☺️

• edited November 2022

Roasted acorn squash seeds are delicious! Ive been eating more squash and gourds lately and decided to try roasting the seeds. I just used oil and garlic salt (slow cooked for 3-4 hours in a slow cooker instead of using the oven). You can eat them whole also! Umami blast!

https://www.fromvalerieskitchen.com/roasted-acorn-squash-seeds/