Paused?

What does paused mean? I was setting up an appointment with a cuddler and now her profile says “paused”

Comments

• edited November 2022

She might be an untagged pro, or she hasn't paid her fees. Those are 2 reasons that I've heard of, for accounts being "paused".

• So often inquiries regarding these terms come up in a discussion thread. I wish the site would explain the meaning of the terms.

• It just means that they had to go use the bathroom and didnt want to miss their show

• @pmvines - you. are. SO. extra.

• @oregonfireguy and @cuddlingpro1

@quixotic_life summed it up best regarding profile statuses - and I've added some notes of my own in the moderator section.

An individual can:
    "Mute" won't show in other's searches, but can still receive messages from those who they've previously.
    "Deactivate" will not be able to be found or contacted by anyone, but when ready can proceed as if never left.
    isn't in an 'active' mode.
    "Delete" the entire profile is gone and can't be reinstated (after 24 hours or whenever their server refreshes??)

Where as only moderators can...
    "Pause" an account ~ A temporary state while things get worked out - we do this for untagged pros, most of whom never complete the Pro application, let alone come back.
    "Timeout" is for those who have been warned in the forum and don't make appropriate changes and can last several days.
    "Ban"/"Delete" - the account is locked down, then deleted and all we see is a red X where their image used to be.

• Thank you. This clarifies things.

• @Sideon - Are these definitions supposed to be absolute? The one time that I received a Timeout, I had not received a prior warning.

• @GreatHornedOwl - not absolute, no. Timeouts can vary depending on severity and which moderator got to it first.

• Side on. I was chatting with yet another cuddler and where discussing setting up an appointment when her profile went to “pro pending “. It has now been that way 5 days. Can they not message while in that status? How long does the process take? Thanks

• @oregonfireguy the process itself takes very little time in most cases. However, the staff of Cuddle Comfort is very small and it appears that sometimes a backlog builds up. There is no significance in how long it takes.

If you encounter anybody else who is "discussing setting up an appointment" without having the pink Professional tab, please insist on them obtaining one before the appointment. And Reporting them if they don't respond positively. There is a significant number of professionals who simply haven't realised that they required to register and are perfectly happy to do so, and the usual cohort of ne'er-do-wells who try (unsuccessfully) to avoid it.

Sessions must always be booked through the site system for your own safety.