Personal Reasons you're persuing/engaging in Cuddling?

edited November 2022 in General

I had a best friend in highschool I did everything with. It was platonic, as she frequently reminded me of her boyfriend in collage.
Hug before school. Hug after school. Library dates to watch anime/euro football on the computers (she would occasionally put her hand on my thigh during exciting moments). Mall dates to help her shop and offer a male's opinion. School projects together in classes we shared.
My cat died of cancer, and she called me to the library where we sat back against a wall, pulled my head into her chest and I started crying while she pat me on the back.
She even asked me to take her to prom, asked me to apply "see-through skin tape" to hold up her dress before leaving. Kiss on the cheek after the final slow dance.

Then, over the summer before our first semester of university, she suddenly passed away from a heart attack. A mutual friend told me through facebook months after. The family did not notify her friends, or invite anyone to her funeral. No grave, just ashes.
She just... disappeared from my life.

10 years later, I find myself on this site, thinking to myself
"I want to find someone, anyone, that reminds me of her"

Comments

• Dating has been a complete failure for me, I think I’m may have autistic tendencies and/or childhood trauma. But I still crave physical touch and sometimes even an emotional connection. Since I can’t get that through relationships, here I am.

• @TruePower I am so sorry for our loss.

• @TruePower That sounds like a very special relationship. I'm so glad you had that experience to help guide you to (hopefully) create more like it!

I'm here because I love experiencing the mental, physical, emotional and spiritual nourishment from co-regulating nervous systems with another human, especially and specifically when you remove romance and sex from the equation.

• I have always had a hard time making friends and never felt comfortable with dating as I was always so shy. With the hard times I've been going through this site has given me the opportunity to have great human connection without the stress of dating.

I do wish there were more enthusiasts in my area as I also like making it about the other person as well and not just me. I mean I do like it at times when it is just about pampering me though😁

• Nothing all that deep for me . Just something I enjoy doing .

• Thanks for sharing. I hope you will or have found someone else in your life like her.

Life is short. Treat your people well...you never know when your last day together will be.

• [Deleted User]SnuggleSuz (deleted user)

Wow what a story I am touched. I can see how having someone to play the roles she did in your life can be comforting. I am glad you have this community to have your needs met.

I am on cuddle comfort as a professional. I was informed about this website from friends, while living in a van in Maui with a kayak strapped to the top. I was pregnant at the time. I thought wow that's a intriguing experience. I actually joined the site while pregnant and cancelled the account same day from being disturbed by outfit requests. I felt scared and uncomfortable and deleted my profile. My son and I bicycled and hitchhiked through Mexico together when he was a year old. When I returned to California and was looking for funds for future travels. I considered giving cuddlecomfort another chance. I really love meeting new people. Antoher reason was besides my son, I hadn't cuddled anyone since he was born. I am a solo parent. I am drawn to unique experinces with little time commitment as a means to aquire funds. As I decided in 2011 I did not ever want to work a 9-5 ever again and haven't since 2011. I instead have followed my passions and done little gig work here to get enough funds for the next adventure. Before my son was born I would work music festival jobs, such as being the assistant manager for the build crew for the main stage at Lightning in a Bottle festival. Now that I am a mom to a toddler I can not work music festivals in the same way I did before. I still do modeling for work but sometimes photoshoots are hard to find. I enjoy doing 'jobs' I would enjoy doing regaurdless of being paid. Modeling is fun because I get to keep quality photos of myself throughout my life. Working music festivals is fun because its a big party! I am a person who loves having new and diverse experiences. So I thought I would give cuddling professional a go. It has been quite rewarding in many ways. I generally only work a few hours a week and can provide for my son and I and don't have to be away from him for long periods and he gets to play with his Grandparents while I cuddle. I find cuddling to be somewhat of a social experiment. I am a very curious person and love meeting new people. I also really love when I can uplift people and help introduce them to new concepts and ideas through conversation and sharing about my life. I am often told that I inspire people that I meet during sessions and that is truly fulfing. I am passionate about inspiring others to do and be what they desire to.

• Right now it's because I feel real lonely. April 2021 I broke up with a narcissist. After the second time she got physically abusive I left. Then last December I had to put my dog to sleep because of cancer. Then May of this year my brother unexpectedly passed from cancer. I've been feeling really lonely lately.

• I am currently in a relationship on the rocks. We tried counseling. Tbh, i feel like we both have the towel in hand but no one wants to be the one who throws it.
    My love language is physical touch.
    As my username states, i love having my hair played with.
    She comes up with every reason NOT to communicate in my love language even though i try to do so in hers.
    Im just looking for that peace you get when someone enjoys caresses you.
    Selfish? Maybe a lil.
    But im not asking anything i wouldnt do myself ya know

• edited November 2022

@TruePower The emptiness and pain you're feeling must be intolerable. To have a friend like that, though...

(the word friend seems so inadequate, doesn't it?)

I was a military brat, we moved often, and I never had a chance to develop deep, meaningful friendships. But If I could have had a friend like you had, knowing of the inevitable pain that was to come... I would still choose to have the friend.

• [Deleted User]Saysoh (deleted user)

Curiosity with a dash of the lonely. I'm finding myself in this exploring stage of all things and human touch keeps coming up.

• @Tom2019 Teachers often referred to us as each other's "other half" or "joined at the hip" as it was strange to see us apart lol.

@PlayWithMyHair4 has she ever had her hair played with/had some else's fingers run through it's roots? Once she understands the sensation, she'll likely want to reciprocate it.

@Bear it hurt me to read that. I'm sorry for your loss and what you are currently going through

• I feel sort of thin, like butter scraped over too much bread.

I physically feel empty and drained. Cuddle touch recharges my battery and helps me sleep better. I get a good dose of dopamine when I have comfort contact.

• edited November 2022

@wrench I feel more like an empty tub of margarine that still has a little left inside, but egh just throw it away and buy a new one

• @TruePower ive done it for her multiple times. The big problem with our relationship is she will say "you should be with someone who does these things" instead of her trying to do them herself

• I don't want to ever marry or live with anyone. But every so often, I'd like to get some of the quality time you'd find in a relationship. The funny thing is that finding the intimate portion of that is easier than finding the platonic/comforting part. If you go out and try to hook up, that's normal....if you go out and propose a good cuddle, you're weird.

This site and cuddling is perfect! Every month or two, I get that holding/being held stimulus.

• [Deleted User]BClarkIV (deleted user)

"We barely remember
    Who or what came before this precious moment
    We are choosing to be here, right now
    Hold on, stay inside

This holy reality
    This holy experience
    Choosing to be here in

This body, this body holding me
    Be my reminder here that I am not alone in
    This body, this body holding me
    Feeling eternal, all this pain is an illusion"

From Parabola by Tool

• @MrKinder right? I despise hookup culture, not for what it is, but what it's done to friendships. It seems now, you need a degree of physical attractiveness (a potential hookup partner/FWB) in order to just be in the same friend circle as one another.

• edited November 2022

@TruePower , yeah, you reeeeeally misunderstood my post.
    I don't hook up with my friends. I'm not even sure how you took that from my post.

All I was saying is that it's more common, accepted, or "normal" for people to go out, looking for that. Going out and seeking a cuddle isn't really something people do (yet?).

Is that more clear?

• @MrKinder no no I understood your post, it just got me thinking if hooking up has made it worse or not. Or, if it's created this subculture of people who want intimacy but not sex

• @TruePower I took your comment the way you meant it. I didn't think you misunderstood the post.

• I think the term fwb has come to mean more hook up buddies vs. actual people with a real friendship that hook up. Oftentimes strangers and dating apps folks will pursue fwb...which is like a sub friend, sub relationship, bc they do not want emotional involvement nor spend time together besides physical stuff.

While the idea that casual sex is new, it's not really. I hear casual sex was quite common before in the 70s and 80s until the AIDS epidemic began and everyone became more puritan and more conservative and more monogamous in their sex lives.

• The era of weed, peace and love, disco, and music festivals/concerts.

• edited November 2022

I was after that but still Gen x, but: "the good Ole days." That and 'Nam. But yeah, personally I'm not a fan of hook up culture. Mainly, bc its transactional in a way that I don't think platonic cuddling and other activities are (you can have conversations, you can keep in touch, and you keep and remain friends w a cuddle buddy). I think the whole premise of fwb is not having any feelings or attachments or sentiment with someone- just getting your needs met. I guess it can work for some folks who are able to compartmentalize their relationships very well.

• I'm recently divorced, out of a 20+ year marriage. I'm nowhere near ready for another long term relationship at this point, yet I still have the need for human contact. Dating is OK, but it takes a while for me (or her) to get to the point where we're comfortable cuddling each other on a bed. Pro cuddling (which is all I've done so far) is kind of a "shortcut" to that level of intimacy, without the other responsibilities and expecations of a relationship. At this point in my emotional recovery, it's best for me to pay for that service.

As I told a pro cuddler after a recent visit, I feel so much "emotionally lighter" after a cuddle session. I can let my stresses and worries drain away for a couple of hours.

• Have you ever felt all alone in a crowd of people? I found myself feeling so disconnected from the world for a while that I decided to try a different way to connect with others.