Sleep 😴😴😴

I'm curious what's the longest some of y'all have slept straight? This includes getting up for quick potty breaks and going back to sleep.

My record is 30ish hours, would have been longer but had to go to work... Is that bad? 🤔

Comments

• I was bed-bound for nearly a full month after working at Walmart. I would've starved if people hadn't left food at my door—I'd literally drag myself out of bed, eat right there on the floor, drag myself back to bed, etc. It was a real sucky month, but... does it count? 'Cause if so, haha! I may win!

• Wow @KamikaziNinja86 if I slept that long peeps would be knocking on my door looking for their inheritance 🤣!

• edited November 2022

My record is 23 hours, which I've done twice. No potty breaks, nothing - absolutely uninterrupted sleep from sheer tiredness. The second time was at a youth hostel and the staff breathed a very large sigh of relief when I woke up. They had made one half-hearted attempt to wake me, which failed but reassured them that I was just asleep and not dead.

On another occasion, when I was ill, I was in bed for eight months. I would routinely sleep twenty hours a day.

@DaringSprinter that sounds very grim indeed. I didn't realise Walmart was that bad.

• edited November 2022

@CuddleDuncan: It probably wouldn't have been that bad if my health weren't so fragile. I've always been darn sickly; the 40-hour weeks were just too much for me!

At least it was a temporary job. Overnight Re-something-or-other, it was: moving loaded shelves around, building different shelving sections, rearranging the whole store. Strenuous stuff, but when it was done it was done and Walmart didn't want me any more than I wanted them.

Paid well enough I didn't have to work for the next month. I imagine the other people on the crew came out of it happy (well, except the one with the crushed foot—it wasn't precisely safe work).

Edit: I'd say you beat my record, though! Eight months. Whew.

• My record for a long cuddle was 14 hrs and most all was with us both sleeping.
    So that would be the longest for me

• I don’t ever remember sleeping more than 8 to 10 hours. To much going on that wakes me. I love sleep so much it’s what I look forward to most after a long day. This meme explains it all.

• I think my record was last December when I had C-19 and I slept for nearly 12 hours (compared to my very consistent 7 hrs / night). However, when I awoke from the extra sleep all my symptoms were gone and I felt like I had never even had it.

• My longest was around 15 hours. It was after I took migraine pain pill for first time

• With washroom breaks probably about 20 hours. Back when I would work consecutive double shifts for a week or so. Lately it's been more so because of depression.

• I'm lucky to get 8, 9 hours of rest.