Should we be giving our real numbers or a text app number?

edited November 2022 in Professional Cuddling

I'm really up in the air on this. I get both sides. On one side shouldn't we have obtained a level of trust with a person we spend such an intimate experience with. On the other side maybe, it is smart to be cautious. I believe I lean on the side of being honest and up front. If someone wants to give a fake name and app number at least be honest by telling the other person that they are. I think a level of trust must be created right up front to feel safe. What are your thoughts? Please keep it positive and let's figure this out or at least agree to disagree if we must.

Comments

• Moving this to Pro Cuddling forum.

@pty1999 - use a text app number.

• What are your thoughts on the pros safety when enthusiasts give text app numbers?

• Nothing precludes enthusiasts from having text app numbers either. That said, @Rezz and @MissAdventurous and @MxSmith who have tried and true vetting methods. It's not the number that people have, it's the questions that get asked that demonstrate where they're coming from and point the likelihood of where they're going - or wanting to go. If Pros or enthusiasts are wishy-washy at all about terms of service, and worse, if either party can't figure out how to say "NO" - one could argue that it's not a safe environment to willingly walk into.

• It's not so much about the type of number, it's more about the attitude. In other words, if you ask a client, "Is that your real number or is it a text app number or special number you keep for cuddling or something?" it doesn't really matter what kind of number is. What matters is how they answer the question; or rather, how you feel about how they answer the question.

If needs be you can qualify your question by adding, "It's not that I care which it is, and I certainly don't want to pry into your private affairs. Everything that passes between us is totally confidential. But for my own safety and peace of mind, I just need to know what it is."

History teaches us that the kind of people that cause problems do not deal with this kind of question well. Most commonly they get angry.

• For a first meeting with a pro, I keep all messages on CC. This way the pro knows we are going to follow the site's rules, and I can walk away without sharing my personal information if things go wrong.

• I think its smart to give a text app number like a google voice number etc.
    Just one quick use case I thought of to explain why that's smart is one time I cuddled with someone who didn't tell me that her boyfriend was in prison and that's why she was looking for cuddles. One day she revealed it to me a few days before he was scheduled to get out of prison and she was worried cause she thought someone told him that she was cuddling with guys while he was gone. So naturally I was glad she only had my "fake" number and not a real one. last thing I needed was some ex con coming over.

• I have both and use the texting app number as my official Buisness line but prefer to use my personal number because iMessage > SMS

• I support the Google number or there's am app w a number generator called Burner. These streets are rough. Lol