Is cuddle-texting a thing?

I ask because a very nice person messaged me, but they live several thousand miles away. Is there a precedent for cuddexting? Textcudding?

Comments

• If you can warm each other's hearts and spread positive energy through text, go for it!

• @KarenD Sometimes they can be a catfish. Don't take convo off-site until you feel you know them well.

• edited November 2022

There’s a few I’ve seen that offer “texting packages”. Haven’t tried personally. Couldn’t justify $250-$500 just for a text buddy.

• I’ve seen it too. Some say a certain limit of texts per day. Cost can be daily, weekly, or monthly. I’ve never experienced it but I’ve seen profiles that offer it. I see it as an online cuddle.

• No request for payment at all, just cuddle oriented texting. I don’t mind it, although I do hope for some in person cuddling too 😁

• My grandfather wrote letters to my grandmother during WWI that are drenched in love, closeness, and intimacy. We save them, break them out on occasion and cry reading them.

So I would say yes. May I suggest trying it here on the forum? I know I'd learn something.

• [Deleted User]SoulParaTodos (deleted user)

Wait. Some charge for texting? Wow. That’s extreme. Really. I fear they (pros) might charge ya if you think about them too (lol)

• edited November 2022

I have had a wonderful experiences with Cuddle texting. Describing how we are positioned, how we are enjoying each other’s touch, how we are feeling. Words do it for me though! So many wonderful things can happen! Give it a go.

• For about two weeks. I've been cuddle texting with a wonderful woman who is about 200 miles away. We're making plane to meet in the middle. Some pros offer virtual cuddle sessions, and I'm finding that cuddle texting can be just as good.

• I’ve experienced it and it was great while it lasted. It was free and the support that’s judgement free was surprisingly good. I know people who are addicted to it and they have lots of texting Cuddle buddies. If you can get into a relationship like that with someone, I say go for it. Just setup boundaries early.

• I've been doing this for quite a while. I'm told it's very effective. I describe how I would actually doing in person with strong details. Even hugs.

Wraps my arms around you and squeezes tight.

• @KarenD maybe the enthusiast is not able to have a virtual session via video or a phone call and wants to still have a connection with you via texting. If he agrees to a mutual booking session and pays your required fee, then I would have a texting session with you. I would not give out your number until there’s a confirmed booking.

• I'm in contact a lot with a lot of my clients. Some I txt every day. Knowing that they are going okay and having a good day makes me happy. 😊😁 I feel like building connection through txt makes the cuddling more connected

• @mexridge88 That's sweet of you. You must get a lot of repeat clients.

• I'm not a professional, I only signed up a week ago. Mostly I wanted to find out if the community felt like cuddle texting was a legitimate comfort, because if it is I'm totally up for it! 🤗

• Totes a thing, you're just describing what you would do if you were there in person. It can be extremely comforting and absolutely create the same warm fuzzies that real cuddles do. It can be as simple as hugs or as detailed as wraps around you gently, stroking your back warmly with the palms of my hands and breathing against you as we relax, lightly scratching your back as I comfort and protect you. It can be anything you want, really.

~ Sunset Snuggles

• J need it to be a thing cause i cant find anyone local :(

• @KarenD

they live several thousand miles away. Is there a precedent for cuddexting? Textcudding?

It used to be called "penpals." Still is. Letters exchanged could be letters of comfort, encouragement, love, etc. Today, paper letters have been largely replaced by email, texting, etc.

I don't understand what that has to do with cuddling, which is a physical connection.

• @jerryjett8 - Yes, definitely setup boundaries early, but be aware that if and when affection develops at both ends, boundaries may begin to slip. I'm not yet certain of how much expansion of the boundaries is a good thing.

• I saw this and had to say something. I know a girl who lives very far away and we would often do this, just sorta intimate talking about being close ect. It's not the same as reality but it does give you good feelings if your both into it