Significant other doesn't cuddle

My gf is not into body contact, anyone else have this issue?

Comments

• Wow really? Most women love to be touched, I've never heard of that, maybe there's a reason, like something happened once. Does she say why?

• Yup.
    My wife does do physical touch.
    She even compared to me laying on her ans her playing with my hair as a chore.

• Jova114, that's rough, I would find it hard to be with someone who didn't like physical touch. That's how me and my ex used to unwind, she'd ask me to lay on her or vice versa, and you feel the stress melting away

• Significant other...not liking when you touch them...

I.....I don't comprehend. Does not compute 🤖

• I'd say that the majority of people in relationships on this site are here for that reason

• I've known a few people who are touch averse. That would be a deal breaker for me for a romantic relationship. But still fine for friendships.

• @JBearz I'm with you on this.

• @bigdad61 Perhaps, you need to evaluate if that is a deal-breaker for you. You should have a conversation with her that includes your expectations. There are many questions to consider: was she always non-affectionate from the beginning of the relationship? Was there a traumatic event? Is she getting affection elsewhere? What is her reasoning when you ask or initiate? It will be helpful to provide more details. Anyway, I suggest a conversation.

• My husband is the great love of my life and I would never be parted from him. But he has body issues and does not like to cuddle and doesn’t enjoy massage. I, on the other hand, crave cuddling and touch and would wither away without it. Fortunately, he understands and is ok with me getting cuddling outside the home. I feel lucky to have a mate who gets it.

• My SO doesn’t like to be touched at all. It was something we use to do a long time ago. Now she doesn’t want to be bothered…

• My ex wife would not cuddle. She usually chose a book over me.

• This is just the way some people are. If you can accept that, your partner should also accept that you want cuddling, and if they are not providing it, you should be able to get it elsewhere. It isn’t reasonable to be expected to go on with your needs unfulfilled.

• If it is making you very unhappy, explain that to her. If it doesn't change, ask for relationship counselling. If that doesn't work, consider separating.

• One of the many reasons I left my 10 year relationship. I'm a touchy feely person. I neeeeed quality time and physical touch in a relationship 💯. Some people don't need that, that's fine. Everyone is so different. You can compromise if it's not a huuuge deal for you. It's absolutely a deal breaker for me. 🤷‍♀️
    I LOVE to love. 🥰💜

• [Deleted User]CatGirlColorado (deleted user)

My ex and I had separate bedrooms and even couches. He didn’t like to touch. It was lonely for me. It makes you feel unloved.