What makes you visit a profile? 🧐

edited November 2022 in General

What are your reasons for viewing someone's profile? Is it to see their pictures? Just to read their bio? Since pros can't message first, are you hoping they'll message you first after seeing that you visited?

I try not to visit anyone's profile who I'm not interested in cuddling. However, if I see that someone visited me, I'll visit them back to be polite.

Lately I've had a lot of visitors from pros and enthusiasts but I don't message them because...idk why. Should I just message them and ask them why they visited?

Why am I even thinking about this

EDIT: Apparently pros CAN message first, not sure why people were telling me they can't

Comments

• [Deleted User]Zundar (deleted user)

I usually visit someone's profile if they've said something noteworthy, either for good or bad reasons, or if they seem dodgy in order to potentially report their profile.

Personally I wouldn't suggest asking them why they visited as that could come across as passive aggressive.

Generally speaking if someone visits you but then doesn't message then it's probably a sign that they either visited based on something you've said on the forums out of curiosity, or visited you for the sake of possibly messaging about cuddling but then didn't for whatever reason. In either case leaving them be is probably the better thing to do but that's down to you and the specifics of course.

• Pics of course, initially, especially if they have funny ones. Then I do favorite ones with interesting “about me”. Like, I can’t think of the username right now, but there’s an enthusiast that did hers like a living journal so I’ll go to hers from time to time. You got to give it to her cuz I don’t know how she has time to do that. Lol.

• Usually it's because they said something that piqued my interest in the forums, they visited me first, or they have an interesting profile picture or username. LOL! Otherwise, it's just people in my vicinity.

• I mostly visit profiles when they have viewed mine. If someone said something on a forum that caught my attention, I will also check their profile. Occasionally, I go through random profiles to see pics/read bios.

• I visit a profile occasionally if they’ve visited mine. I might message & say thanks for viewing and happy cuddling!🤗
    Because I’m a Pro, it is usually those who are out of state and I’m definitely not soliciting. I never say anything more. I also might if they’ve made an interesting comment on the Forums.
    There are several cuddlers I correspond with just because we enjoy chatting, not about having a session.

• I only to see how far they are from me for cuddles. I have no plans to visit other states for cuddles only.

• Some profile pictures catch my eye and make me curious about the profile and location of the person. Sometimes a person says something in the forum that resonates with me and I want to read more about them. Or they have visited me and I want to know more. Like @wrench I don't plan on going outside my area for cuddles.

• I usually visit a profile for any user who writes something on the forum which draws my attention. Occasionally though, I'll search for cuddlers near me or near a place I'm planning to visit, mostly to reach out and try to arrange a cuddle.

• Sometimes it's just to pass the time. Sometimes I'm trying to find a new cuddle buddy.

• @Jbearz I visited your profile because you post in the forums. Then I probably had to visit it again cause you said something I agree with and I had already forgotten what your profile said. Lol. All I can say is don't get old so you won't have to look at every profile 2 or 3 times cause you can't remember! Lol.

I also look at profiles cause I like to read. I rarely look at a profile cause someone visited mine cause they usually don't have pics. I know it's been discussed all to pieces why people don't post pics, but I don't have much interest in looking at a profile with no pic unless I'm sent an especially interesting message.

I would never visit a profile to "be polite". That is alright, but there is no need for it.

This is a good thread.

• Curiosity, I'm a people person sorta, and I'm curious about people. Sometimes it's also because I find a girl attractive. I messaged a few people on here telling them I find them attractive. Some responded, hopefully they smiled, I don't see the harm in it

• edited November 2022

I usually check on the profiles of people who first visited mine. To read abt them and check the pics. Also those who msged me and they sound interesting.

• Yes of course I want to read the profile, but by then I’ve already visited. Often the motivation to click comes- I’ll admit it- from something appealing or unusual about the pic. I’m immediately drawn to pics with dogs and horses! 😂 (of course tigers elephants llamas etc. will have a similar effect!) Beautiful or exotic locations might do it too. Sometimes it’s the username that grabs my attention. It might be a town/city name that’s not familiar.

• @achetocuddle I suppose "polite" isn't the right term since I usually only do it to see who they are if they seem interesting. I never visit them back if they don't have a photo lol

But all of these are great responses and they make sense! I often think about throwing a "hey, thanks for visiting my page etc" message but..idk, too shy I guess 🤣

• I mostly visit profiles from reading the forums -- trying to keep everyone straight in my head. And then I definitely do what achetocuddle says and forget who someone is and then recheck their profile at least once.

Once in a great while I go to the main page and browse through the "Latest" section just to see who looks particularly friendly or kind or interesting.

• @GreyingBear I also do that.

@JBearz A time or two a good discussion will come out of someone telling me "thanks for visiting my page". Sometimes I go ahead and tell people the reason I looked at their profile cause many people are so curious. Lots of people just send something short like " best wishes to you too" but it sometimes starts some good convos.

I also look for the same reasons @ThomSSI mentioned. Also I might look if someone has wild hair. Wild hair is neither bad nor good, but I think it will cause more people to look at your profile.

• Location followed by appeal. Could be an interesting name could be an interesting picture. Could be an attractive picture.

Those are the first two reasons. Past that it’s all location. I rarely click on a profile a profile outside my area. But if i do it’s something they said in the forums or maybe they visited me.

• I visited you recently because I saw you in the forums and was trying to form my own comment on the forums about good pics to put to get cuddles. Your pics where very cuddly with your pups and happy demeanor. Also to see where you lived:)

• @CozyWolfy I appreciate the transparency and I'm also flattered that my pics gave you cuddly vibes! I always appreciate when someone I recognize from the forums visits my page 😁

• A visitable profile is if they are in your area 🤔 kinda makes sense 🙈

• I have a few reasons
    1) It's a mistap. If I am on this site on my phone I "click" everywhere when trying to navigate around.
    2) They have pictures of animals
    3) Sometimes I am curious where someone is from
    4) Sometimes I just feel like it for some reason. For example today I clicked on a profile that had the top half of their picture saying "life is like a glowstick"

• Yes, one bright shining reason to visit a person's profile is to determine the possibility of a cuddle, both from my end and theirs. But there are others that have mostly all been said already: someone says something in a forum and I'm curious about who they are, someone has attractive photos and I want to see more even if I suspect a cuddle is unlikely, someone has a strange or interesting name and I become curious about who they are, etc. But aside from these vaguely intentional reasons, sometimes I just do it out of boredom, like people-watching at a park.

I usually check out the people who have visited my profile hoping for a home run, but I never think the visit in and of itself means much because I assume their reasons for browsing could be as amorphous as mine.

• Typically if someone has said something I’ve found particularly interesting in the forums I’ll check them out.

Otherwise I check out other pros that have been here longer and have more experience than me. I never take from their profile, because that’s just rude, but sometimes I think “oh that’s smart I should keep that in mind”. It’s almost always an admiration thing.

Or it’s me checking out someone who has checked me out.

Lastly, if I’m being completely honest, sometimes I’m checking out someone’s profile who just came off completely ignorant or negative. That’s more of a looky-Lou thing though.

• edited November 2022

It's a combination of curiosity, eye-catching pic, and forum response for me. I forgot about those who look at mine.

• Being curious about and interested in people. 😊

• edited November 2022

Something they said on the forums that intrigued me or their profile pics 📸

Also, if someone visited my profile.

• Distance I guess. Though I'm often too awkward and/or shy to say anything heh.

• [Deleted User]BClarkIV (deleted user)

Anything EXCEPT the attractiveness of the person's profile pic. Never, ever, ever is it the profile pic...LOL!

• I'm a curious girl, I like knowing the layers of others 🤣🤣 so yeah I'll click around when interested in someone or what they said... or if I'm having a message conversation with you, definitely.