Going through withdrawals

2»

Comments

• edited November 2022

The "cuddles should be free" crowd are quite out of tune I think. As a pro I spend more than just an hour with a client. We chat, discuss our boundaries, work out our schedules as to when we'll be available, talk distance and location and go through screening. Then, I spend time getting ready for the session mentally and hygienically. Mentally I focus on the clients biggest need and prepare for those conversations. Hygienically I wear fresh clothes and shower and prepare for each person. I gas my car, sometimes I travel for hours to reach someone far away. As a pro the session isn't about me, it's about my client. If they're nervous, I slowly break the ice. If they're new, I ease them into being around 1. A woman 2. An open, friendly person ready to hear and help them work through whatever their problems are.

The big difference in what I provide next to an Enthusiast is the session isn't about me.As a pro the session is never about me. I've had lots of clients and some of the sessions are rough and take a lot of mental energy and stamina to be strong for some of these people and their situations. I've balled at home after some of the life stories past clients have told me. Don't forget all the non platonic advances, touches, words and unhygienic issues I have to put up with and have to shut down all the time.

That being said, would I travel 2hrs each way to meet a stranger for another 2hr session for free? Absolutely not. 6hrs of my time is more valuable to me than that. This is work. Mentally, physically and emotionally it's work and I will be paid to work or I won't be working.

• @OliveGreen
    I don't think anyone is saying that you personally should cuddle for free.
    But in general in a better world cuddling would be free because we all would find someone who likes to cuddle and enjoys cuddling with us.
    You are filling the role for someone we haven't found yet or don't have in our life.
    So yes ofcourse for that effort you should be paid.

• been a year and 1 month for me lol, you get used to it. Ive got some female friends and sometimes they hug me or I pick them up for fun but yeah.. the struggle is real..