Going through withdrawals

It's been 2 weeks since my last cuddle and I swear I'm going through withdrawals, I wish there were more enthusiasts in my area.

1. How often do you cuddle a pro a month?46 votes
    1. 1x
      58.70%
    2. 2x
      15.22%
    3. 3x
        8.70%
    4. 4x
        6.52%
    5. 5x+
      10.87%

Comments

• I need cuddles once a month as my basic minimum human need. Whenever I've let it go longer than a month, I've regretted it.

• I have not yet cuddled a Pro, except at group cuddles, but you didn't have an option for 0 times per month. 😋

I grew up extremely isolated, so cuddles are an awesome treat, not something I've ever felt withdrawal from.

~ Sunset Snuggles

• I was to the point of doing at least 1x a week and sometimes 2x a week. So I was like 5-6 cuddles a month with Pro's. If I could have afforded it I would have done more.

I grew up extremely isolated and lonely and still am, so I went on a major cuddling bender for like 3 months. But my bank account is finally feeling it and I've gotten overly attached to some of my cuddlers so I've made myself take a break.

• There are those shopping mall shops that give 10 min massages for $10. Even for a whole hour, it's usually a little less expensive than cuddles.

• I still can't get over the fact that in today's age, people have to pay for a cuddle, lol.

There should be a travelers Cuddling group. For people that wouldn't mind visiting places like Utah.

• I had a very bad break up last April. I'll pretty much shut down after that. Then I started to yearn for cuddles again. I had no luck with enthusiast, so I had my first professional cuddle four months ago. Then another one two weeks ago. It's helped a lot. Yet I still seek a cuddle buddy.

• @PrettyLuv

I still can't get over the fact that in today's age, people have to pay for a cuddle, lol.

I'm afraid I don't know what you mean. Could you elaborate? Thank you.

• edited November 2022

@PrettyLuv what does today's day and age have to do with anything? If anything women are capitalizing on the fact that there are men who want/need cuddles and the only way to get them is to pay because there is no one in their area who isn't a Pro. So instead of belittling those of us who are trying to improve our mental health, how bout just keep your comments to yourself.

Comment edited. [reurbo]

• Huh?
    I was just saying all cuddles should be free...

Defensive much.

• Try going two more weeks without cuddling and you might no longer be going through withdrawals. I associate the word withdrawal with addiction. So if that's the case maybe you will also defeat the addiction. But I don't know because I've never had withdrawal symptoms due to not cuddling for a period of time. I couldn't answer the poll because the least amount given to vote on was once a month which is more often than I cuddle a pro.

• Cuddlers travel group? Yes i love this idea @PrettyLuv

• @CuddleDuncan what I was referencing was free cuddles since everything is so sexualized today, you’d think platonic cuddling with someone would be free.

• @PrettyLuv - Insisting that "all cuddles should be free..." is unrealistic. If a person has something that I want, she (or he) has every right to charge for it. That's just how the world works. You and I are both free to either pay the requested fee, or to contact only those who don't charge. Vote with your wallet or purse.

• edited November 2022

@GreatHornedOwl wasn’t insisting anything, just clarifying a passing thought. If they prefer to pay to cuddle then more power to them. I just thought when he mentioned he’d exhausted his funds on it that it would be a relief to know others would create traveling cuddle groups just to make sure he gets a free cuddle. But I guess that was too crazy a thought.

• @craM I thought it was a cute idea too lol, until now.

• edited November 2022

@PrettyLuv I'm with ya, it's sad that people choose to pay for this instead of making real connections but it's their choice and their $.

But just to be clear, I waste my money on some bs now and then too lol. Idle hands are the devil's playthings, ya know.

• Utah is nice from what I hear

• @PrettyLuv - Point well taken.

@Asmrcuddly - I doubt that not many choose because they prefer pros. More likely, they choose pros because pros are available when enthusiasts may not be.

• Whenever someone new pops up in my area I takes usually 1-2 days and the Pro sign goes up. I would love if there were more enthusiasts in my area but sadly there aren't.

• @KamikaziNinja86 I hear ya, that's rough. If I had the money I might make the same choice.

• @KamikaziNinja86 I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing those feelings of withdrawal. I know them well myself and I hope you're able to get your cuddling fill through a professional or otherwise sometime sooner rather than later!

People making negative statements about paying for cuddling is unfortunately a pretty regular occurrence in this forum space. Everyone is entitled to decide for themselves how they value certain goods and services, and they have the right to pursue the ones they desire.

Comments along the lines of "all cuddles should be free" and the ones (in other threads) that have shamed and accused professionals of taking advantage of people's loneliness or desire for connection just always seem really out of touch and even entitled to me.

Is everyone who works in a restaurant or a grocery store unfairly taking advantage of the fact that people get hungry and that food is a basic human need?

I think people in the camp of "cuddles should be free" are operating under the assumption that there should just be someone in your life that offers that, but if that idea has merit, couldn't we also shame someone for paying a therapist, going to a restaurant, paying for someone to do their hair or nails, or hiring movers?
    ~In this day in age, it's so sad that you have to pay a human to listen to you talk about your life, why don't you have a friend for that? Cooking is supposed to be a communal social experience, why are you getting takeout instead of having friends or parents cook for you? Trimming hair is pretty straightforward, why would you pay someone when you could have a friend could just do it for free? Why don't you have a family to help you move?~

Just because someone close to you could do labor, emotional or otherwise for you without charge does not mean that those things are free. They cost them time and energy and as social creatures, we pay those costs as an investment in friendships or even out of a sense of duty to family. We don't all always have as many friends as we want or ones that are skilled in and/or willing to do the things that we need help with, and in those cases, we hire someone outside of our direct social support network and we pay them with cash because that is the currency our society has agreed upon.

The reality is over the years the ways society, communities, and families interact have shifted in many ways and continue to do so. Our basic needs may be the same but the way people get those needs filled is always evolving. When modern-day problems or needs arise, it is only a matter of time before someone offers a solution and the ones that are valued by others stick around. If there wasn't value there, there would be no professional cuddlers and those people who cuddle professionally currently would all be looking for other ways to make themselves useful to society and earn a living so they can support themselves.

• @PrettyLuv I do like the idea of a non-monetized cuddling group, traveling or otherwise. In a perfect world, an app like Tinder would exist for cuddling only where you could find someone nearby who was down for just snuggling. I would love that. I know that was originally the point of Cuddle Comfort but it's been difficult to keep the site populated and many people are discouraged and leave quickly before finding an appropriate nearby cuddling partner. Also, the safety aspect of meeting a stranger to cuddle I think has been one of the biggest barriers to the enthusiast space really taking off all over.

• edited November 2022

@calmcontact That’s actually another awesome idea. Why isn’t there a cuddlecomfort app. I would way prefer to download that app then any of the sexpecting dating ones any day. And it might popularize this so that it reaches a wider audience too.

• edited November 2022

I agree with Kamikazi on “women capitalizing on the male need to cuddle.” I find it endearing that a man chooses to cuddle a woman rather than push sex all the time.

I, for one disagree with monetizing human touch, but to each his own.

• And I don't mean all women are in it just for the money, I have found great Pro cuddlers who you can tell do it for the human connection and to actually help people. Then there are the others that jump in right at $200+ an hour and they only ever have a small paragraph and several sexily posed photos.

• I just found out today that my favorite cuddler de-activated their account. I was looking forward to her coming back through Utah again 😓

• I've started with pros because it's been hard for me to find a enthusiast nearby. They don't respond.

• I believe that with a pro it is more about the therapeutic aspect of touch and how it can help with anxiety and depression through triggering the brain to release neurotransmitters. kind of like reiki energy healing or massage therapy. Cuddling with a cuddle buddy or enthusiast has more room to grow the emotional aspects of a relationship

• @pty1999 So you feel pros have a therapeutic advantage over enthusiasts and that enthusiasts are more inclined to get involved?