One month left…

There’s only one month left in 2022, is anyone else excited for what the new year has in store ?

Comments

• Whatever it has in store, it will cost more.

• I am, but for the wrong reasons …. I feel we’re officially going into a recession (we’re there but they don’t want to say it, they will have no choice next year), markets are gonna tumble, and if this happens I will meet most of my goals since everything I want to make a position in will be at a deep discount.

• Not excited about 2023 at all

• What all four of you said. Lol. But no excitement kinda works for me :)

• I’ve never been excited for the New Year. I’m not pessimistic about it. It just feels like we’re moving on to the next day. And I prefer to stay at home since it’s the worst time of the year for drunk drivers.

• Not really. With the way things are going, it’s just shaping up to be 2020.3.

• Eh it's just another calendar year. No excitement nor disdain, just middle of the road indifference.

• It's just another year. I'm going back to work December 4 after being off a few months for a leave of absence. Back to the grind.

• Damn 🤔

I guess I'm alone, but HELL YES I'm excited for the new year! I'm working towards building an airbnb and improving my business. I'm also excited for another year of improving my health.

My philosophy is: how you feel about your life/environment at the end of the year carries into the next year. On that note, I always try to find something to look forward to even if it is just a change on the calendar.

• @JBearz -- I like that philosophy.

I'm happy in the present but I'm really looking forward to more travel in the new year and working towards my house savings. Motivation!

NYE is also my 8 year anniversary with my main partner so I'll be bringing in the year right. 😉

• Yes I am, looking forward to new opportunities, makeing new friends and going new places, all on shoestring budget, and that's OK, it's what you make of thing's 😁😜

• I'm predicting my demise will occur sometime next year. Not sure of the day and time like Nostradamus did.

• Yes and no.
    Im trying not to bring as much emotional and mental baggage into the new year.

• @robroo no thank you please sir! You are adored!

@JBearz I'm with you! I am excited for next year. I run an airbnb, and it opens back up in March. I have big plans and can't wait for warm weather. 😊

• @JBearz 🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼 🌌

• [Deleted User]TouchPDX (deleted user)

Yes. Entering my 63rd year. What the hey.

• edited December 2022

The new year is like a gift without a receipt. You get to unwrap it, share new experiences with it, but you can’t return it if it sucks.

But seriously, when you are a certain age and have had life threatening events recently, you appreciate the new year and hope there will be another after that. Worrying about the new year or building up expectations for it is wasted energy and you forget to just be and live. Living according to time is just a human organizational construct. Just live everyday and you will be much happier.

• Definitely looking forward to the new year and the opportunities it will bring. I used to think of the new year as “turning a page” and seeing what happens next but I have realized that is WAY to passive of a perspective.

I now view it as turning a page in a notebook and having a whole blank page to fill in of what I choose to make happen. Life is something to be written / constructed, not just observed.

I’ve spent a good part of the past 6 months developing some new creative skills that I think are going to pay off big time for me in 2023 😊