The hardest job in the world is being a parent / guardian ๐ŸŒโ™ฅ๏ธ

edited December 2022 in General

(As well as Amazing Awesome Fathers & Guardians) / The center of my entire universe is my beautiful mom ๐ŸŒŒ I want to send a bunch of love to all the amazing wonderful moms out there as well as Amazing fathers and Guardians โ€ฆ today seems like a perfect day to do it, including any other day, never wait for โ€œMothers Dayโ€ / or Fatherโ€™s Day, or that special time of year to show them how special they are โ™ฅ๏ธ

ยซ13

Comments

• I'm a single father...does that count for anything?

• edited December 2022

@zerocantaloupe Absolutely.

edit: just edited the post to reflect incredible fathers as well, including guardians, as they may come in many different forms โ€ฆ you are right ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

• edited December 2022

@zerocantaloupe I think in that case you're handling the role of the mom AND the father...so that would include you too.

@cuddles_ndream Definitely agree. moms are quite special. I miss mine terribly. She passed away only 3 years ago and I don't think that sadness will ever quite go away.

• @Melancholy Single fatherhood: like single motherhood except for being an afterthought in nearly every statement, being treated with suspicion and/or scorn in situations where mothers arenโ€™t looked at twice, frequently having no baby change station, and being told that mommy must have the day/night off today/tonight. Fun times.

• edited December 2022

In my experience as a single dad , I find it is often treated as an anomaly. Like I get a special sticker and golf clap because I didnt jet on my son and am actually responsible and caring enough to raise him . People are so used to seeing single moms that they are treated as commonplace. As a.single dad, I feel uncomfortable when given special accolades . Being around for my son should be the norm and not the exception

• @Melancholy sorry to hear ๐ŸŒŒ ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป ๐Ÿซ‚

• @pmvines ๐Ÿ’ฏ I noticed my mistake and edited the post immediately after realizing. Also, not just dads, there are even grandparents/ family friends / a complete stranger / a sibling ect who takes on the guardian role beyond 100% my full respect and love to everyone who do this.

• Lol, no way in hell is being a mom the hardest job in the world.

• @pmvines Ah yes, the deadbeat dad stereotype. Nothing like getting a super-threatening letter in the mail because your attorney did an off-by-one error on your alimony paperwork, and the same system is used to print delinquency notices for both child support and alimony. Nice little cherry on the crap sundae that is being a special case in a system "reformed" by those who claim to be for "equal" rights...

• [Deleted User]stdisc0827 (deleted user)

Everyone who works hard for the family deserve kudos. In this day and age, relationships and responsibilities are not respected or recognized much. Whoever does it are a good example ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ and a good citizenโ€ฆ..
    And yes, All moms are super women ๐Ÿ˜€

• Mothers are the greatest.

Even the ones that donโ€™t do the best.

I have a father i am a father, changes nothing.

Parenting is hard still mothers are the most

• I disagree.

• I don't know working in a oil rig sounds pretty tough

• So many negative nancies comment on this post. I'm sorry that happened to it. oh well

• Welp โ€ฆ.. this didnโ€™t go how I thought it would ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜‚

• I would say existing in general as a human being is a hard job but I'll bite raising another individual is definitely hard because it takes a lot of self-sacrifice

• @DeathbyChocolat ๐Ÿ’ฏ๐Ÿ’ฏ โ€ฆ someone had mentioned earlier that oil rig sounds pretty tough, I almost responded but decided not to & smirked instead ๐Ÿคญ.

• edited December 2022

@cuddles_ndream Its a nice thread with great sentiment. I was raised by my mother on her own from a young age with no father . I then went to raise my son on my own from a young age with no mother. Full circle I guess one could say . My mother continues to be a big part of my life , and one of my biggest influences for how to be a man .

• https://youtu.be/4Xp4z5qlyqs

Just gonna leave this right here...

• @pmvines ๐ŸŒŒ ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป

• edited December 2022

@NYCLatnGuy from your profile I see youโ€™re a dad โ€ฆ is there any job youโ€™ve ever done in an entire month that could compare to being all hours of the day, 24 - 7 with a newborn? A job you could say Yes, that was harder?

Edit: watching the video now , โ€œhave you ever seen a mother get washed over board on deadliest catchโ€ ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

• I love a protective Dad

• Single full time parenting is not for the weak. Especially when you have more than 1.... ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

I feel for everyone that raises children all alone with no help from the other parent or family. It's a challenge for sure! But it's also a absolute privilege and I get to have 4 little broke best friend/roommates. ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿฅฐ

Sending patience & love to all. ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’ซ

• Lol @ 4 little broke best friend/roommates. So cute.

This thread is reminding me of a song

• @Jillybear87 ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™ ๐Ÿ’• ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป

• I think people should who creates and who builds. In order to build you must destroy something. But to create nothing is destroyed only added. Males are required to create but donโ€™t do much after the donation in creation. Therefore, a hierarchy shoul Ms be recognized at that point.

Thatโ€™s only the start of the conversation. Woman donโ€™t seem to run the world because they seem to want to. IMO

I believe in God and Iโ€™m not sure she is demanding the respect others demand. Kinda like iykyk

• ??? ๐Ÿ˜’ What?