Cuddle Party 🤗🤗🤗

[Deleted User]shy_friend (deleted user)

Has anyone ever attended a professional cuddle party? I was reading about it online. Also, has anyone ever organized their own private cuddle party? I would feel more comfortable and safer participating in a cuddle party with a group of people than meeting someone one on one.

Comments

• [Deleted User]shy_friend (deleted user)

Has anyone ever attended a professional or a private cuddle party?

• Here's my experience with facilitated group cuddles (and then some 😄):
    https://www.cuddlecomfort.com/forum/discussion/14443/so-i-started-cuddling/p1

~ Sunset Snuggles

Thanks for the link Sunset Snuggles.

• Yes, I’ve been to a lot of official Cuddle Parties and private snuggle parties! I am hosting an official cuddle party at my house next month, facilitated by a friend of mine. This friend and another facilitator I am friends with were at a private event I went to last night, and it was cuddly.

• I've to over a dozen of them. They teach consent culture and are amazing.

• edited January 2023

I've attended a few private cuddle parties. Usually everyone is very respectful and asks for consent before touching anyone else. Unfortunately, all it takes is one bad egg to ruin a party, which is what happened at the last one I attended. It was a holiday movie cuddle party, and while everyone else was behaving themselves, there was one guy who never even acknowledged me, but kept inching his way closer and closer into my space to the point where I became very uncomfortable. I understand that some newbies might assume that consent is automatically given based on the nature of the event, but without prior negotiation, you should ALWAYS ask before touching someone else or invading their space.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I really appreciate it.

• Yes, I have attended cuddle parties for the past 9 years in the Dallas, TX area and now I facilitate my own cuddle parties in the Fort Worth area. All of our parties are led by a trained facilitator and go over boundaries, clear communication, how to say "no", asking for what you want, and what to do if someone doesn't ask permission or isn't following the rules.

• I facilitate official cuddle party in the Austin Area roughly once a month. Next offering is Jan 15!

• edited January 2023

I went to one some time ago! I wrote about the experience here, if anyone's interested.:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-glpTTKWNpLBpAHPz0F_NcCuZUr_YvOtqa6lqnsBOUI/edit

It is a bit of a long read because I had written it as a journal entry, but then I got lot of people asking me about it, so I just made it shareable.

To summarize, I was apprehensive going into it, but ended up having a really nice time.
    I didn't encounter anyone who made me feel uncomfortable, or anyone with bad breath or bad BO.
    The atmosphere was lovely and the people were lovely. ^^

I used cuddleparty.com.

• Oh wow this is an idea I didn’t even know could be done. I would like to be invited to one haha

• @HoldMeAVL has group cuddle sessions in Asheville NC. She would be a great person to ask about it