So I watched Rick and Morty for my first time...

How did I miss this show for so long? The writing is brilliant. It has everything I crave. Crazy science and physics.

Comments

• You missed it cause you study hard and work a lot of hours and you write worthwhile things on the forum. Now I am probably gonna have to watch it since you so recommend it.

• @achetocuddle - It's on HBO Max if you subscribe to it.

• edited January 2023

I ##@king love Rick and Morty lol it's such a a stoner show haha. I love how Rick is just always wasted

• Such a funny show 😆😆 I haven’t started on the newest season yet but I will soon!

• Watch Inside Job on Netflix. very similar to Rick and Morty

• I love Rick and Morty. Total Rickall is my fav episode…so good.

• Total Rickall the game is also fun.

“Remember the barbecue, Rick.”

• @MonkeyNeedsAHug i have the game and STILL have yet to play it

• The vomit on Rick’s face was too much for me. I didn’t finish the first episode. Which is a shame because the premise was good. I don’t think I would have finished watching Back to the Future if Doc Brown had lots of vomit on his face either.

• Wubba lubba dub dub !
    I support this thread ! 💖

• Why is there green stuff comming out of his face

• To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick and Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. 😂 And yes by the way, I DO have a Rick and Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand

• [Deleted User]GreyAndGreen (deleted user)
    edited January 2023

@Syins Same.

• @ClubSamwiches LOL pure copy pasta gold 😂

• @craM - From what I read, he is an alcoholic and that is vomit.

• @Mike403 @craM

I think the creators must have wanted to get rid of any viewers who were emetophobic.

• It's quite entertaining.
    I remember sleeping over at a friends place once and she had it on TV while we were cuddling. I fell asleep to it. I remember laughing a lot at some of the episodes.

• Come for the laughs, stay for Pickle Rick.

• IM PICKLE RICK
    TURNED MYSELF INTO A PICKLE

• Love this thread @Mike403 - I've rewatched all seasons more times than I care to admit! Got me through lockdown though 😁

• @CuddlesByGracie - I put together a kickass gaming rig during lockdown. Now I got a call from NASA and they want their computer back.

• Welcome to the fan base mwahahahah 😂😂

• The first four seasons are fantastic, with even the weaker episodes being quite good. The writing quality really dropped off in season 5 though, with only a couple strong episodes. I lost interest in following the show any further after the season 6 premier episode.

• “Pickle Rick!”

• "I wanna be alive! I AM alive! ALIVE, I tell you! Mother, I love you! I wanna hold you! I wanna run in a stream!"

@MonkeyNeedsAHug Total Rickall is probably my favorite episode XD

• @Parad0x season 6 pretty amazing. Feel like they are back to form.

• @ClubSamwiches so Eloquently and Perfectly put!!!...to truly enjoy the show, you have to have a certain IQ and Knowledge of rare things in the world, to appreciate certain things as them breaking the "4th Wall"...I have to 2 watch 2shows in the morning just to get my day started ,like people Must Have Starbucks ☕

• Dan Harmon =🐐
    Seth MacFarlane =🐐

• One of the best shows ever. My kids were the ones who got me watching it actually.

• Rickmurai Jack anyone? "As soon as he reveals he's evil, we're out of here." XD

Hands down my favorite finale too. I respect a well crafted "Oh sh**" moment, and the music really helped set the tone.