Techniques for giving positive feels

I was just watching a podcast on happiness called Huberman lab podcast and he was talking about allogrooming. He says when humans groom each other such as hair brushing it creates a strong sense of well being. He also talks about using light touch on the skin to trigger allogrooming associated neurons.

I felt like this was a good tip for making cuddle more enjoyable and wanted to share in case others found value in thinking about how grooming can be used in your own cuddle experiences. at around 1 hour and 55 minutes he discusses this topic.

It also made me wonder what other ways people on here have for giving their cuddle partner an extra special experience. I think it would be very rewarding for me if I felt that I could give someone a great cuddle experience. If you have any thoughts on this please add your comments. Thanks.

Comments

• edited January 2023

• @JamesNoah I am a mega huberman fan! I will watch this asap! Thanks for sharing 😊✌️

• Wow, thanks for posting! Great to know the science behind some of this. Also a Huberman lab fan. 🙌

• For positive experience, I'll gently caress somebody. Give a scalp massage because a lot of people seem to really enjoy that. When I am caressing or cuddling, I might give a firm, quick, hand placement or grasp. On the shoulder or the hip. Usually while thinking positive thoughts to give like a physical positive affirmation, I guess you could say. A lot of times I just use my intuition. I also ask the person what they really enjoy. Some people are afraid to ask for what they need or what they want. Asking them how they want to be touched and where they want to be touched and showing respect for their boundaries also gives them a positive Feeling of respect and such.