Intimate emotions without sex

Can there really be a intimate stimulation with out intercourse between a man and a woman?

Comments

• [Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
    Yes
  • Yes, provided you follow commonly held definitions of the terms you use. You probably did it all the time as a teen. Sex without intimacy and intimacy without sex are both possible between people of any sort. 
  • What do you mean by stimulation
  • [Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
    Actually, that's a good question that @greenearth asked… what do you mean by stimulation? 
  • In my opinion there haa to be at a minimum open and honest verbal intercourse between two people in order for them to be intimate with each other. Intimacy may, or may not become Sexual in nature, but that shouldn't have anything to do with the topic at hand since you didn't mention sex in your original post. However, since sex was mentioned in the title of the thread, I assume you want to know if intimacy can be achieved without sex being a factor. The answer is absolutely yes. I have a platonic girlfriend who I consider to be part of my poly family. We are very intimate with each other, but not at all sexual because she doesn't want that sort of a relationship with me.
  • [Deleted User]Sunflowerfield (deleted user)
    Well, it depends on a lot of factors. What do you mean by "intimate stimulation"? Also, things like sexual orientation would probably play a significant role.
  • [Deleted User]masterofcuddle (deleted user)
    Yes I definitely agree that emotions can develop without sex. In some ways to a lot of men I think cuddling can bring out even more intimite emotions then just having sex.
  • yes. i think true friendship is this.
  • [Deleted User]FlowerofLife (deleted user)
    Great topic & feedback!  Seems you all got it handled:-)  Peace
  • [Deleted User]justmehere63 (deleted user)
    Yes. It is possible to be intimate and stimulated without any sexual connotations.
  • If you are using the term intimate stimulation to mean being turned on, then yes, two people can be turned on without it being sexual. If you are referring to other forms of intimacy that are not necessarily sexual in nature remaining non sexual, then yes as well. What two consenting adults choose to do only happens if they choose to do so. And since on the topic of intercourse, I hear some folks on here who seem truly offended and upset over the thought of someone having sexual feelings thoughts or stimulation. Even if only platonic, sometimes you cannot help nature and how your body and brain responds. Even the pro who I have seen before says it is normal and happens quite often, and just be respectful about it. When there are boundaries and rules in place and it is understood to be only platonic, then it should be easy to stay within those expectations.
  • I really like thia topic and agree with @Morpheus, @FlowerofLife, and @pmvines. Emotional intimacy and stimulation can occur without the need of sex. Our society is unfortunately hard rooted in thinking that intimacy or emotional stimulation goes hand in hand with intercourse. It is hard to describe the feeling. But you can have genuine affection and care and have emotions of care and want for someone and be fulfilled simply by non-sexual intimacy. It is a different feeling...but for me personally, I prefer the intimacy aspect​ and the sex is not necessary. I have a significant other and I would even prefer more intimacy than sex. Still trying to get him to understand hehe.
  • People keep using the term 'intercourse' apparently meaning sex. There are different kinds of intercourse, such as sexual intercourse, and verbal intercourse. It simply means interaction, and there are many different kinds of interactions. Please try to be specific as to what you mean.
  • Based on the thread title from OP I believe the context is sexual intercourse
  • I agree that you can have intimate emotions without sex. But it depends on what "intimate emotions" mean.

• Huh yeah there can be, and some who asexual, like me appreciate relation that does not evolved , around sex!