What is a favorite line from movie, song, poem, tv show, etc?

Comments

• edited January 2018

<3 the post! :)

Songs... so many... so I'll let some my wild horses lose on this one. :)

I am not sure about movie lines for now. The poems are a few I wrote so I'll share some lines when I find one or so. 'Sorry', like my poems, my choice in songs are generally bluey in nature - well mostly my personal 'playlists'. :P

Songs: <3 :)

• So long, so long
      I got to be moving on
      I'll miss you but I cannot
      Wait for you to catch on - So Long by Massari

• I told ya
      You'd be la -a -aughing till you cry cry back to me - Laugh Till You Cry by Faydee

• Don't you get too high
      If you can't come back down - Comeback by Down Danny Fernandes

• Hold me close 'til I get up
      Time is barely on our side - On and On by Cartoon <3 :)

The one song I love's line I can't find the name of now. Been so long since I listened to. :)

• "And I never minded being on my own
    Then something broke in me and I wanted to go home
    To be where you are
    But even closer to you, you seem so very far
    And now I'm reaching out with every note I sing
    And I hope it gets to you on some pacific wind
    Wraps itself around you and whispers in your ear
    Tells you that I miss you and I wish that you were here"

• Florence and the Machine's "Wish That You Were Here"

• [Deleted User]Johnny80 (deleted user)

Philosophical Quote
    If you love a flower, don’t pick it up.
    Because if you pick it up it dies and it ceases to be what you love.
    So if you love a flower, let it be.
    Love is not about possession.
    Love is about appreciation.
    -Osho

Tv Quote
    "Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. We're all going to die. Come watch TV."
    -Morty

• the woods are lovely, dark, and deep.
    but i've got promises to keep.
    and miles to go before i sleep.
    -robert frost

don't dream it. be it.
    -frank furter

• edited January 2018

My favorite quote would be this:
    Alexa: I know I'm not dreaming now because I know what its like being in a dream.
    Nonaka: So dreaming lets you know that reality exists?
    Alexa: No. Just that my mind exists. I don't know about the rest.

Or an alternative and shortened version of it:
    I dream therefore I know my mind is real. It's everything else I'm not sure of.

Animatrix, Matriculated (2003)

Edit: forgot to leave the source

• edited January 2018

Johnny80

Love those lines.
    I've slightly different wordings of the flower one that I live by. Though yes, great as well and Rick and Morty :)

• [Deleted User]Johnny80 (deleted user)

@Lovelight Thanks!

• I will stand alone.
    This gentle mind, the one inside me will never hurt you.
    Actions speak louder than words will ever.
    So I will show you my sincerity in the shape of my still beating heart.

"A lie will always defeat the truth" From Autumn to Ashes

• edited January 2018

:)

• They sit unnoticed, they stand alone.
    Their voices dictate the way your life is lived.
    Too afraid to speak, too scared to oppose
    The fear inside you breeds your silence.
    So now you live the life of another.

"Lost in Silence" Poison the Well

• [Deleted User]j4jimbo (deleted user)

dont know if you got the whole picture but he's not exactly firing on all thrusters! ; Dr McCoy, Star Trek IV

• "I know."
    --Han Solo in response to the princess declaring her love for him.

• edited January 2018

@Matthew12321 I thought it was pretty cool that Han Solo's "I know" was actually improvised by Harrison Ford.

• edited January 2018

Oh, dear... most of my favorite songs are really dark, lol.

"We are the jack-o-lanterns in July, setting fire to the sky. Here, here comes this rising tide so come on! Put on your war paint! Cross walks and crossed hearts and hope to die, seal the clouds with grey lining. So we can take the world back from the heart-attacked, one maniac at a time we will take it back! You know time crawls on when you’re waiting for the song to start, so dance along to the beat of your heart." - The Phoenix

"Now I must decide if I'll create a martyr, the voice in my head, they ask if I'm a man or monster. How could I live on with what I've done? You took me in, showed me love, when I had nowhere to run. You offered me your everything and I threw it all away, my indecision keeps me unaligned." - Unaligned

"Hey girl, look at my mom, she's got it going on... HA! You're blinded by her jewelry. When you turn your back she pulls out a flask, and forgets his infidelity. Uh-oh, she's coming to the attic, plastic! Go back to being plastic! No one never listens, this wallpaper glistens, one day they'll see what goes down in the kitchen. Places, places, get in your places!
    Throw on your dress and put on your doll faces. Everyone thinks that we're perfect, please don't let them look through the curtains. Picture, picture, smile for the picture! Pose with your brother, won't you be a good sister? Everyone thinks that we're perfect, please don't let them look through the curtains. D-O-L-L-H-O-U-S-E, I see things that nobody else sees
    (D-O-L-L-H-O-U-S-E, I see things that nobody else sees)" - Dollhouse

"I'm like a scarf trick, it's all up the sleeve. I taste like magic, waves that swallow quick and deep. Throw the bait, catch the shark, bleed the water red. Fifty words for murder and I'm every one of them." - Victorious

"Dance, dance, we're falling apart to half time! Dance, dance! And these are the lives you love to lead. Dance, this is the way they'd love, if they knew how misery loved me..." - Dance, Dance

"What a cyanide surprise you have left for my eyes! If I had common sense I'd cut myself or curl up and die.
    Sticks and stones could break my bones, but anything you say will only fuel my lungs..." - Sarcasm

"No time for rest. No pillow for my head. Nowhere to run from this, no way to forget. Around the shadows creep,
    like friends, they cover me. Just wanna lay me down and finally try to get some sleep. We carry on through the storm, tired soldiers in this war, remember what we're fighting for... meet me on the battlefield, even on the darkest night.
    I will be your sword and shield, your camouflage, and you will be mine. Echoes of the shots ring out, we may be the first to fall. Everything could stay the same or we could change it all. Meet me on the battlefield." - Battlefield

• edited January 2018

And now, for one very positive song that I love after all of that, haha... (and I love the entire thing, so that's what I'll post.)

"Let it go
    Let it roll right off your shoulder
    Don't you know?
    The hardest part is over
    Let it in
    Let your clarity define you;
    In the end
    We will only just remember how it feels

[Chorus 1]
    Our lives are made
    In these small hours
    These little wonders
    These twists and turns of fate
    Time falls away
    But these small hours
    These small hours
    Still remain

[Verse 2]
    Let it slide;
    Let your troubles fall behind you
    Let it shine
    Till you feel it all around you
    And I don't mind
    If it's me you need to turn to
    We'll get by
    It's the heart that really matters in the end

[Chorus 1]

[Bridge]
    All of my regret
    Will wash away somehow
    But I cannot forget
    The way I feel right now

[Pre-Chorus]
    In these small hours
    These little wonders
    These twists and turns of fate
    Yeah, these twists and turns of fate

[Chorus 2
    Time falls away
    Yeah, but these small hours
    And these small hours
    Still remain
    Yeah
    still remain
    These little wonders
    Oh, these twists and turns of fate
    Time falls away
    But these small hours
    These little wonders
    Still remain"

• Little Wonders
  • @respectful There are a lot of famous movies that were totally improvised and I love that. x3 If you wanna see other great ones... https://www.buzzfeed.com/cassiesmyth/famous-movie-lines-that-were-actually-improvised?utm_term=.nl7yeE7Qe8#.hajpDMj9DY

xD I was especially impressed with Viggo Mortensen that he made breaking a toe part of the scene--I just can't watch it without cringing when he kicks the helmet now, though... and as one commenter said, Leonardo DiCaprio just rolling with cutting himself on camera as if it was deliberate was crazy. That's dedication.

• If you're looking for a great Viggo Mortensen film, watch Sean Penn's directorial debut "The Indian Runner" He gives one of the most intense performances you'll ever see

• @alankean7 I appreciate the suggestion, I'll try to check it out; though I think he'll always be Aragorn to me... x3 <3

• If it's any consolation you get to see him fully naked in that film!

• @Lorelei My favourite was Ben Stiller saying "But why male models?" after he forgot the real line.

Which makes the response improvised too: (pause) "Are you serious? I just told you that a moment ago!" :)

• @Lorelei He is nude AND fighting in Eastern Promises

• But that's a rubbish film. The Indian Runner is great!

• Hey naked Viggo is naked Viggo

• Viggo as Aragorn = Sublime
    Naked Viggo = Art

• I can't remember where this line is from:

"I feel like I am losing and winning all at the same time."

• Hang the rules! They’re more like guidelines anyway!

• Not sure if this is my favorite, but it's up there...
    "I love him. But every day I'm learning: All my life, I've only been pretending. Without me, his world will go on turning; A world that's full of happiness that I have never known!" -- Cosette from Les Miserables (my first childhood crush)

• Wooderson : I love High School girls. I get older but they stay the same age

• For the premiere of the Return of the King, Viggo actually walked into our movie theater, and before the show started, he sang the song he sings at the end of the movie, live. I got to shake his hand, and I made some distinctly un-manly noises.