What is a favorite line from movie, song, poem, tv show, etc?

Comments

• Have you seen The Indian Runner yet? Makes everything else he's done look like garbage

• @fahrlig I would've fainted. You're so lucky.

• “Nothing you confess, could make me love you less. I’ll stand by you. “
    -Pretenders

• You know it's kinda funny
    Texas always seemed so big
    But you know you're in the largest state in the union
    When you're anchored down in Anchorage
    -Michelle Shocked "Anchorage"

• No tears please, it's a waste of good suffering - Pinhead from hell raiser still get chills

• You know I love you so bad
    Somehow you got yourself accepted to college
    You said there's got to be a way out of all this
    Garbage small town rat trap
    You moved away, that was that
    Still send me the occasional email
    I got a dumb job working in retail
    I miss you baby so bad
    -Ezra Furman "love you so bad"

• edited February 2018

Lower yourself, be like everybody else, lower yourself
    Lower yourself, be like everybody else
    Why should they like you if you're not like everybody else

Pink Lincolns (Lower Yourself)

• “If Love is a government, it is not a meritocracy.”

• "The brighter the picture the darker the negative. All men have something to hide"- Rupert Thorne, Batman the Animated series.

• edited April 2018

Many, many years ago when I was 23
    I was married to a widow who was pretty as can be
    This widow had a grown-up daughter who had hair of red
    My father fell in love with her and soon they too were wed
    This made my dad my son-in-law and really changed my life
    For now my daughter was my mother 'cause she was my father's wife
    And to complicate the matter even though it brought me joy
    I soon became the father of a bouncing baby boy
    My little baby then became a brother-in-law to dad
    And so he became my uncle though it made me very sad

For if he were my uncle that would also made him brother
    Of the widows grown-up daughter who was of course my stepmother
    Father's wife then had a son who kept them on the run
    And he became my grandchild for he was my daughter's son
    My wife is now my mother's mother and it makes me blue
    Because although she is my wife she's my grandmother too
    Now if my wife is my grandmother then I'm her grandchild
    And every time I think of it, nearly drives me wild
    'Cause now I have become the strangest case you ever saw
    As husband of my grandmother I am my own grandpaw

Ray Stevens "I'm My Own Grandpaw"

• @ursearchisover - I love your two offerings.

• edited April 2018

Mine is from The Matrix, my most watched ever film. I like it because Morpheus just rages after and frees himself from the chains. Also it's kind of clever what Agent Smith says and it can be interpreted in many different ways.

Can you hear me, Morpheus? I'm going to be honest with you: I hate this place. This zoo. This prison. This reality, whatever you want to call it. I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell- if there is such a thing. I feel... saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it. It's repulsive, isn't it? I must get out of here. I must get free and in this mind is the key, my key. Once Zion is destroyed there is no need for me to be here, do you understand? I need the codes. I have to get inside Zion and you have to tell me how. You're going to tell me or you're going to die.

• Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. - John Lennon

• [Deleted User]MoonlightSonata (deleted user)

"You have brains in your head, you have feet in your shoes, you can steer yourself any direction you choose. You are on your own and you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where you'll go." - Dr. Seuss

• edited May 2018

Today
    I don't have to fall apart
    I don't have to be afraid
    I don't have to let the damage consume me
    My shadow see through me
    'Cause fear in itself
    Will reel you in and spit you out
    Over and over again
    Believe in yourself
    And you will walk
    And now, fear in itself
    Will use you up and break you down
    Like you were never enough
    I used to fall but now I get back up

--Fear (Blue October)

• [Deleted User]apvalerius (deleted user)
    edited May 2018

“Whatever tomorrow brings, I’ll be there”
    Incubus’ song “Drive” (released 2000)

• A Lannister always pays their debts

• I imagine that right now, you’re feeling a bit like Alice. Hmm? Tumbling down the rabbit hole? … I see it in your eyes. You have the look of a man who accepts what he sees because he is expecting to wake up. Ironically, that’s not far from the truth. Do you believe in fate, Neo? … I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you’re here. You’re here because you know something. What you know you can’t explain, but you feel it. You’ve felt it your entire life, that there’s something wrong with the world. You don’t know what it is, but it’s there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad. It is this feeling that has brought you to me. Do you know what I’m talking about? … Do you want to know what it is?… The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work… when you go to church… when you pay your taxes. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth. … That you are a slave, Neo. Like everyone else you were born into bondage. Into a prison that you cannot taste or see or touch. A prison for your mind. … Unfortunately, no one can be told what the Matrix is. You have to see it for yourself. … This is your last chance. After this there is no turning back. You take the blue pill, the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Remember, all I’m offering is the truth, nothing more. … Follow me. -Morpheus from the Matrix

• “My mamma always said - life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.”
    -Forrest Gump

• To live would be an awfully big adventure.

-Peter Pan

• edited May 2018

I’ve got a few of those. My favorite line from a poem is
    “We notice each other’s smiles immediately. It’s our favorite thing for people to notice. Our smiles. It’s all either one of us have to offer. Our checks streach out like arms. Wanting nothing more than to say, you all are welcome here.” -Buddy Wakefield.

My favorite movie line is from Black dynamite, “Uphoria shut the fk up! I aint even got to look to know it’s you. How bout I send you back to crenshaw pete. With his hot ass coat hangers. Would ya like that!” Lmao

Favorite T.V show line, “You smell like ointment and Pee!” -Bob’s Burger’s.

• "The darkness is some place I visit. I don't live there."

Corey Taylor (Slipknot, Stone Sour)

• "Like the city that nurtured my greed and my pride, I stretched my arms into the sky" -Mumford and Sons' "Babel".

• Movie line, from Almost Famous:
    "So Russell... what do you love about music?"
    "To begin with, everything."

Quote:
    "I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Edgar Allan Poe

• “I know.”

— Han Solo in Empire Strikes Back, in response to the Princess declaring her love for him.

• Transform into the animal you need to
    Fly from a destiny infested with chemicals
    You need a new drug not invented by the C.I.A

• “You’re so sensitive; I am a machine”
    —Taking Back Sunday, “Twenty Twenty Surgery”

• edited May 2018

"At most schools, girls are sent out quite unprepared for a merciless world, but when our girls leave here, it is the merciless world which has to be prepared."
    -movie "The Belles of St. Trinians", 1954

• Right now I'm really digging Kylo Ren's big line from The Last Jedi:

"Let the past die. Kill it, if you have to. That's the only way to become what you're meant to be."

I actually just made an appoint to get the first two sentences tattooed on me. Even though old Ben is a bit psychotic and evil, I found the quote very helpful for eliminating people and things from my life that were contributing to my anxiety.

• @cease2exist - when you've just had a life-changing event, like getting separated or divorced is probably not the best time to decide on something permanent like a tattoo. In fact, I completely disagree with that movie quote. The past is actually the key to your present and future. Only by looking back can you understand why you are where you are. Blocking the past out is very unhealthy; it's far better to confront it and understand it.