Pros of hiring a cuddle therapist

What are some of the pros of hiring a cuddle therapist? I would love to hear your positive experiences.

Full disclaimer: I am gathering information to make a TikTok/Instagram video and want real life examples from actual Cuddle clients. I will not include any user names or identifying information in the video.

If you have negative experiences, you wanna share, please see my other thread: https://www.cuddlecomfort.com/forum/discussion/16242/cons-of-hiring-a-cuddle-therapist/p1?new=1

Comments

• For me (late 40s divorced male) it's been a "safe space" to learn how to have conversations with women as a single man. Not that these sessions were ever anything but platonic, but in my cuddles (and in one public meet and greet) it's been a way for me to sort of "practice" small talk with women.

It's also been fantastic therapy for me to have physical contact with another person without the complications of a romantic relationship, which I'm certainly not ready for at this time (or perhaps ever again).

• edited February 2023

Platonic cuddling helped me find new emotional normal after a decade of being a family caregiver. Much like @WiserGuy3000 I began cuddling as a form of holistic healing and view my cuddle sessions in a similar manner to a therapeutic massage or talk therapy.

While I can appreciate the casual companionship many are in search of in the community, it's not why I'm here. I seek out professional cuddle partners that purposefully consider themselves healers on some level. Finding that healing energy requires a level of vulnerability that I can't allow myself to reach in a casual companionship type of situation with an enthusiast.

• edited February 2023

view my cuddle sessions in a similar manner to a therapeutic massage or talk therapy.

@herby357 , 100% this. While I still see a professional therapist and I also occasionally receive massage therapy, I consider a good cuddle session as an ideal combination of the two.

• edited February 2023

Cuddling is head and shoulders above both for me, with the positive effects lasting days longer...

• I travel a lot. So a pro fills one huge need—convenience. Enthusiasts take time to cultivate and I have a couple in my hometown that I see regularly but when you travel and often on short notice it is just easier to go the pro route. Beyond that I really haven’t seen a significant difference between enthusiasts and a pro during a session regarding skill. Matter of fact I have found enthusiasts to be better on average because they do not have an agenda per se (ie a business).