Cons of hiring a cuddle therapist

What are some of the negative aspects of hiring a cuddle therapist?

Full disclaimer: I am gathering information to make a TikTok/Instagram video and want real life examples from actual Cuddle clients. I will not include any user names or identifying information in the video.

If you have any positive experiences, you would like to share please see my other thread:
https://www.cuddlecomfort.com/forum/discussion/16241/pros-of-hiring-a-cuddle-therapist/p1?new=1

Comments

• edited February 2023

As I stated in the pros of hiring a cuddle therapist, I view professional cuddling in a similar manner to talk or therapeutic massage therapy. When I was introduced to platonic cuddling, fees were much more reasonable in the eighty dollars an hour range or thereabouts. With the uptick in rates, I've essentially been priced out of any regular or routine type of cuddle activity. I'm not complaining as I understand the principals of supply and demand. Just relaying my experience.

• The risk of over-attachment. I've been on the edge of this myself a couple of times and it's given me some difficult feelings. But I was well aware of this problem before I discovered cuddling and I have always been very conscious of it, and so these situations were resolved happily.

However, I have seen it cause very serious problems in the cuddling world, and been involved in a couple of cases. We managed to get these resolved without anybody coming to serious or long term harm but it was a close run thing. Over-attachement/transference is potentially a very serious con.

Another con I have heard of, which is not directly the fault of cuddling, is harm being done to relationships because one partner cuddled without the knowledge of the other, who subsequently found out.

But really it's hard to think of cons. Who is worse off because they've had a cuddle?

[I'm still thinking about how to express the pros of cuddling.]