Why do some people require deposits?

I'm not against paying deposits, but out of curiosity, I just want to know the reasons behind charging a deposit

Comments

• I’m debating on requiring one because I have had 4 cancellations in the past 2 weeks. It’s really a waste of my time! I’m turning down other potential clients to hold a space just to be cancelled on the day of. Maybe if I required a deposit people would be more mindful of my time.

• I take a small deposit that goes towards the cuddle only if I’m driving over an hour to a brand new cuddler Ive never met. I’m not going to drive one or two hours there, get ghosted and have to drive that drive again with nothing to show for it.

A lot of pros have full time jobs too so to take a day off or have to book a cuddler during one of their only days off, there needs to be some kind of small assurance that that is being appreciated.

• I’m thinking maybe because they hope that someone cancels and they keep the deposit

• edited February 2023

I’m with applepie55 on this one. I’m currently an enthusiast and it’s so frustrating to arrange for a cuddle to have it cancelled. I’ve already decided that whenever I do turn pro, I’m going to charge a small deposit to secure the slot precisely because of no-shows. That said, I’ve also learned to really follow up multiple times to make sure that the other person is going to show up or has changed their mind.

• edited February 2023

I charge a deposit of your time that goes towards playing with your hair, scratches , and chuckles . Refundable if you dont like my cuddles. Havent had to refund yet .

• When I do my hotel reservations, I either have to put down a deposit or pay extra to be able. Cancel the day before. It's just common business practice. Pro cuddlers are performing a business and I don't think it's always looked upon that way

• I prefer deposits on an agreed platform. You know it’s booked and the cuddle does too. And there is a commitment if I pay for something too.

• @lonelytauros there are scammers who create an account of a non-existant person, post stolen photos, and collect deposits. There is no way identifying them conclusively, but a very young and attractive woman, new account, no Karma or Friends, brief generic profile text is a good set of warning signs. Their deposits are large compared to the cost of the session, since obviously the scammer is trying to collect as much money as possible.

For real professionals, clients booking and then not turning up is a serious and expensive problem. Their deposits tend to be proportionally smaller and well-explained.

• Moving to the Professional Cuddling forum [Charlie_Bear]

• @Charlie_Bear I have to get used to that lol you being a mod 🤗🤗