How to cuddle an older man

2ยป

Comments

• I believe this to be a covert ad. Seen this type of bait before. Consider this a soft flag, as it's just a gut feeling. ๐Ÿšฉ

And @Sideon...I have words for you, son.

~ Sunset Snuggles

• @SunsetSnuggles, I will remove my comment. I can't take the drama tomorrow isn't promised to me.

• @SunsetSnuggles - I thing you may have hit the nail on the head. If so, It's quite funny how much serious discussion it generated.

• Yuck to ageism or any ism.

As for the comments about considerations for joint issues... Heck, I'm willing to bet my joints are more effed up from dance injuries, and my own clumsiness and hypermobility, than most people 20+ years older than me ๐Ÿ˜‚ you should hear my snap crackle pop when I change positions, lol. We should be considerate of mobility issues at any age.

• @SunsetSnuggles @GreatHornedOwl Damn it. Here I said my spine is a glow stick and I don't even glow... if we're advertising I don't think that's what I would have gone with. Weak ligaments sounds better.

• @cuddlefaery funny story, but true I actually had to go to physical therapy for my mobility issues, and I was probably the youngest person there and everybody else was working on the treadmill or the exercise bike, and my physical therapist was doing like the most basic mobility exercises with my ankle, just trying to turn it left or right and back and forth lol ๐Ÿ˜‚
    So, even though I mightโ€™ve been the youngest, I was definitely not in better shape than any of my older counterparts!

• edited March 2023

@cuddlefaery - Right on. At 81 I don't have joint issues anymore. My two artificial hip joints should work sufficiently well for the foreseeable future. ;)

@stormydaycuddle - I think @SunsetSnuggles was referring to the OP. I know I was.

• @lonelytauros it's always hilarious when I go to PT if they're not experienced with hypermobile dancers. On a surface level, I look like I'm super flexible compared to the average person - but with that flexibility comes joint instability so I dislocate and sprain literally everything easily. I managed to sprain my left rotator cuff in the first few months of the pandemic by lounging leaning on my left side too much with the joint out of place ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ the first PT I went to was like, "oh, you're not that bad! Not sure why you're in pain". The second PT compared my left to right and saw I'd lost more than 40% of my range of motion and started working with me to you know, not put my joints out of place all the time like a normal human being ๐Ÿ˜‚ trying to avoid having hip, knee, and shoulder surgery before age 50 lol

@GreatHornedOwl part of me wishes I'd already had the hip surgery. My bad hip is the bane of my existence, triggering probably 80% of my chronic pain issues - I'm sure you're well aware of the chain reaction being off kilter causes. I already have 2 dance friends who've had surgery for snapping hip and arthritis and while recovery is a b*tch, it's amazing after. A girl can dream ๐Ÿ˜…

• Moving to Pro Requests [Charlie_Bear]

• @Charlie_Bear since this is about age, I would have gone with Jeff's "when you gotta go, you gotta go!" from Jurassic Park. :)