How to cuddle an older man

When cuddling an older man, can I be the big spoon?

Comments

• Of course
    . It's whatever you abd your cuddle partner decides I'd comfortable for the both of you 👍👌

• Yes. I can not think of why you would think this is an issue.

Are you trying to accommodate someone with limited mobility ?

My cuddle partners and I swap out big spoon/ little spoon positions on a regular basis.

Usually because an arm or shoulder has fallen asleep and we need to relieve the pressure on that side.

• Why should it make any difference at all, how old your cuddle partner is?

• The best person to ask in my opinion is the other person you're going to cuddle with. No matter age or anything else.

Regardless of age or any other characteristics, treat them individually. Everyone has their own preferences.

• @GreatHornedOwl exactly. Another vapid discussion thread.

• I cuddle and treat people with as much dignity and respect regardless of age, race, ethnicity, gender, religion belief, disability, size on down the line.

• Delicately...

• Yes, I have cuddled men 19 to 80s and with consent that position could work well!

• I would say I am now considered an OLD man by most here, I see no difference due to age. I have cuddled younger and older than me and never encountered any issues at all.

• How ‘old’ is old? Im in my 50s and can cuddle like anyone else. Im in better shape than people half my age. Ran a full marathon at 51. I won’t break…lol

• If that's what y'all want to do then sure why not? Confused about why age would be a factor can you elaborate? Spooning is spooning

• Spooning is OK. Forking is not. That is all.

• I’m not sure i understand why this is an issue? It’s ageism to assume, just because a cuddle partner might be what you perceive to be “older”, that a cuddle session should be treated differently than any other session

• Non-mod, "older man" comment here.

I'm vastly disappointed, because ageism.

I read the title as a statement, and I was excited for a moment that there might actually be secret or additional instructions for cuddling us older men of which I was unaware. I mean, I would KNOW. But the OP's premise, at the tender age of 40, has me all...

The only solace I offer to you ageist youngsters is the potential fact that the longer you live, the more you'll eventually get it. Or not. Good luck.

• @jplemmon - Perhaps, you'll become old and decrepit some time in the not too distant future, but I'm 81, and I assure you that I'm no more delicate than you are.

@Sideon - Old? At 54? Nonsense. You're not even close to being old yet.

• @GreatHornedOwl dude chill I was just kidding. Do people really need to be this sensitive?

• I note that the OP is a professional cuddler. The age question we have dealt with, but the spooning question we have not.

When I first met professional cuddling, there was no possibility whatsoever of the professional being the the little spoon. This was so obviously inappropriate that it wasn't even mentioned. The professional was only the big spoon, if there was spooning (which there was).

Obviously this questions depends on approach of the professional. For many, being the little spoon would be a completely ordinary part of their repetoire. My original professionals took a very therapeutic approach to cuddling with a great deal of emphasis on care of the client by the professional. Holding a safe space for the client..... And in general you can't do that from the little spoon position. (No, they did not make any false and dangerous claims about cuddling being a 'cure' or anything like that: quite the opposite.)

(I did eventually ask one of these cuddlers, once I knew her well enough, if I could be big spoon. She agreed, but once in position she was so obviously uncomfortable with it that I abandoned the experiment almost immediately and apologised.)

However, I remain completely baffled as to why a professional cuddler - or indeed anybody - would ask if it's ok to be big spoon. (Irrespective of the age and gender questions.) I would say that's almost the default position for a professional cuddler. @fyi077 may I ask what was in your mind when you posted this?

• @jplemmon - Im glad to hear that you were kidding, and I guess that my response was a bit overdone, but if you had women on CC telling you things like "You're too old to cuddle," or "I prefer younger men," you might be sensitive too.

• edited March 2023

@Sideon ahem….

I’m so glad this wasn’t about how to cuddle an old woman!! I am glad I learned how OLD PEOPLE CUDDLE when they are BOTH OLD like you and me….

Btw when are we getting together again???

OLD WOMAN Enthusiast here.
    Maybe asking this question in the pro forums would be ideal to get an understanding of whatever it is you are struggling with…. In the cuddle position arena.

• @sillysassy - You've got quite a way to go before anybody starts thinking of you as old. You're just about the same age as my daughter, and she's just a kid. :3

• @jplemmon I understood and thought it was funny. Unfortunately I think your answer is probably why OP even had this question. But now I question how hard is she squeezing individuals that she thinks she can break a person with a hug. Or perhaps she feels uncomfortable being little spoon with someone she's not attracted to? I don't think she'll ever clarify now lol

Think @GreatHornedOwl was just making the point that individuals age differently is all. I agree, 50's is not even close to old. Hell making it to any age is an accomplishment.

• edited March 2023

Um, unless someone (anyone/any age) has a health concern... I'd go with ... like any other human being??? I may be wrong here...

All people have different requirements at different times in their life/ health status which can come at any time... so unless we're playing high contact football I'd go with...ask everyone if they have anything you should know about and act normally... even then... ask everyone... I'd prefer to know before I enter a game like football.

Age is but a number....(considerations may be required but lets put it at an individual level)

I'm 36 and my back already cracks like a glow stick.
    Most 80 year olds are in better shape than I am.

To the OP... as long as they want to spoon and are okay with it.

• edited March 2023

As to the comment about 'sensitivity'.
    Stones in glass houses. Tea pot calling the kettle black... you get where I'm going with this...

• 🤦 FFS

• edited March 2023

Delete the comment by the arthur.

• As a somewhat older person myself, I always keep a can of WD-40 on hand and my favorite arthritis cream in case anything locks up

• @Sideon When I saw Jeff Goldblum, I thought you were gonna quote him from Jurassic park and say “life finds a way” hahaha I’m sorry (do not mean to detract from your comment)

• @lonelytauros careful... I used that stuff on a spider once and it screamed. No joke. If it hadn't been the size of my hand I would have been a little more sympathetic but ah...it was weird. Idk how or wth but yeah weird sound.

• FFS. Is that sensitivity I spy?