How do you choose a pro?

I have a bit of an alternate method when I search for pros. I search for male clients in my area and I look at the karma that pros have left for them. I know I know, karma can be fake etc etc I look for pros have have left sweet well thought out karma that’s more than a line or two long. I like when I see pro that have left sweet karma especially the ones who express how much them enjoyed the session themselves. This is of course not a perfect system but it’s worked well for me. How about you?

Comments

• I usually just pick the hot ones. Kidding (kinda). Karma helps, also the amount of time they have been active on the site says something.

• I pick the one who acknowledges that I am the One and therefore more likely to give money to my cult in the long run.

• The ones that are pleasing on the eyes.... and under $150 an hour.

• [Deleted User]fieldofdreams (deleted user)

How about a pro who is pro active and reaches out to you 🤣

• @Morpheus I tend to keep my karmas brief not because I don’t enjoy the sessions but because I don’t want to share anything too personal. Confidentiality is very important to me and I don’t want to risk sharing anything they wouldn’t feel comfortable with. Maybe I also just suck at writing karma 🤷🏼‍♀️ but they are all genuine, I don’t give bad clients karma.

• edited May 2023

What I look for is in the price range of 80-100
    No payments upfront
    No deposit
    No travel fees

New or experienced Pro Cuddlers are required to collect payment prior to the start of a cuddle session. The TOS state that payments are due upfront, @lonelytauros . As for deposits, that is up to the Pro, and it's certainly up to clients if they choose to accept or not. Deposits are meant to go towards a booked session - deposits are not in addition to an hourly rate. [-Sid]

• Price range, location location and location, and face picture I guess or wiling to send face pic on private message

• I think this is a good idea, but I prefer not to use any systematic method so as not to exclude any possibilities - I've had great cuddles with people who would not have passed this test.

So ultimately I just choose based on whoever catches my eye, doesn't seem insane, and charges a reasonable amount. I don't mind if they're fairly new and have little or no karma, but if they've been around a long time and still don't have karma, that's a negative signal.

• Why do these questions always feel like a trap?

"That thread is strong with the dark side of the Force. In you must go."

• I find my pros out in front of mattress stores. The synergy makes sense.

• edited April 2023

I also pick rhe ones who choose @FunCartel as the One, for I like to support cults of all types and interests

• @FunCartel
    I think you’re on to something! The store hires a Professional Cuddler and offers free cuddles to their customers- when they try out and purchase a mattress!

• I agree with @CuddleWho - random and not having a prescribed method works for me.

@FunCartel and @pmvines - The One takes me WAY back. I'd forgotten...

• edited April 2023

But in all seriousness...location matters mostly I guess.

• edited April 2023

@Morpheus That's an interesting idea, thank you for sharing it.

I only choose pros who have written a fair bit about themselves and what they are offering, and where I can get a sense of their personality. It helps if they share why they are doing this, what they are looking for, and generally sound warm and personable. I send them a short paragraph or so reflecting on what they wrote and sharing a bit about myself and why I'm interested in their profile (or sometimes it is just a couple sentences expressing interest in a session).

I feel like I get replies from reach-outs to professional cuddlers about 80% of the time, and there was a thread where people were reporting much lower rates and also saying they were messaging pros with empty or nearly empty profiles. I think it's extremely unlikely that a pro has gone into business with some thought and intention, in order to bring a soothing or healing experience to people like you, and is eagerly awaiting your inbound inquiry so they can reply and you can set up a time, but hasn't bothered to write anything about who they are, what service they are offering, and why you might want to have a session with them! Good pros will also write some things designed to hopefully make the prospective client feel more comfortable, and some things designed to establish parameters and make the pro feel more comfortable. (Wouldn't you, if you were in their shoes?) All these things are green flags.

• How they respond to communications.

Appearance in photos - in particular, eyes and smile. Those two things convey worlds about the cuddler.

Distance, and compatible availability on time. A cuddler who is only available on the weekends doesn't work for someone whos only able to meet during the week.

Mutual (or conflicting) interests. If, for example, a cuddler is a PETA member, she probably would not be comfortable with me being a lifelong outdoorsman.

Price. If a pro is too high, the other things above don't make much difference.

• Ones that don't show bitterness in their bio.

• @jplemmon People can roll their eyes at your point, but you are right. There are some bitter sounding bios out there and I immediately leave their page. I don’t go in with that thought, but subconsciously that is what makes me not consider someone. And there are more than just a few of those out there.

• [Deleted User]CharlesInWI (deleted user)

Personally, I don’t.

The one (and only) time I did I clearly did it wrong.

• Since I enjoy conversation as much as cuddles, I look for someone who has put thought into her profile. I'm especially interested in pros where I have something in common - it makes sessions so much more special. I prefer better connections with fewer people.

Then, to balance being just another client looking for cheap and cheerful, I try to be generous in what I share, how I hold space, and how I appreciate her for being here.

• @CharlesInWI why do you say you did it wrong?

• [Deleted User]CharlesInWI (deleted user)

@CuddleDuncan

I had a bad experience with it.

It isn’t something I will do again.

I honestly don’t think it was the “pro’s” fault, per se.

On the other hand, they utterly lacked the empathy to read, and respect, my building level of discomfort and clearly had no tools in active listening, holding space, or even being patient.

I was, and this was naive of me, under the impression that professionals on this site had training, or certification, or even some sort of standards that they were held accountable to, but that isn’t the case.

The Law of Large Numbers suggests that at least a few of the professionals here must be good at the work.

But I don’t have the time, motivation, or talent, to sift through the mud and sand hoping to find a nugget.

• First and foremost is smile. I’m a photographer and am pretty good at reading faces. I avoid cuddlers who only have “hard faces” in their photos. Just a preference but if that’s all they show, my guess is it might not be as light hearted and relaxing of a cuddle.

Bio’s definitely help, but oddly enough, one of my favorite cuddlers of all time had no bio, but her smile told me enough that I reached out. We messaged, booked then texted and I became comfortable that we would cuddle well together and we did.

I really prefer cuddlers who are sweet and kind. Extra bonus if they have a sense of humor. The profile is where I start to determine that but the messaging and texting after booking helps. I believe a cuddle should be a good experience for both parties and that it’s worth taking the time to determine, as much as possible, that there is good, mutual compatibility.

• First and foremost: No Duck Lips!!! LOL. as soon as I see that pic, I move on.

• edited April 2023

For me, there are several considerations :

1) Attraction. No, I'm not looking to hook up with anyone, but I would find it hard to cuddle with someone that I don't find somewhat attractive. (This is physically as as well as personality)
    2) Height. Following on with attraction... I'm short. I prefer to cuddle with someone my height or shorter. A few inches taller can work, but I'm not going to enjoy being with someone 5'10".
    3) Cuddle style. This is the most important attribute for me. I cannot relax in a "clinical" environment. I get that some people take a very antiseptic approach to cuddling, but that doesn't work for me. I need a situation where our activities are fluid and spontaneous, plus lots of personal interaction. I want to know as much about your feelings as much as I share about mine. I don't want everything planned and timed out. I also don't want someone who is going to clock watch the whole time. If we go over a bit, you're getting paid extra, if we wrap up early, you're still getting paid for the time agreed to. (Of course, if you have a hard stop and need to be somewhere, that's different)
    4) Price. Price is probably my least important aspect. If I have the cash to spend, I'll spend it.

• @Sooson That's some high standards there. 😂🤣 Thanks for almost costing me a new monitor.