Marvel vs DC

In an all out Vs war who you got Marvel or DC

1. Vote here29 votes
    1. Marvel
      79.31%
    2. DC
      20.69%

Comments

• I’ve been liking the marvel movies more. Yet watch both.

• edited May 2023

I like the Marvel movies more than DC but like the DC TV shows more than Marvel.

Edit: I haven’t read either’s comics since I was a kid so that award would go to Image Comics.

• I started out watching Supergirl. The Flash was a guest star and I liked him so started watching that. I stayed away from Arrow for a long time because I heard it was dark but finally watched and loved it. The premise of Legends of Tomorrow was ridiculous to me, but once I started watching I liked it.
    Then I discovered Agents of SHIELD during Covid. Record scratch
    I’ve never seen anything so incredible before. I LOVED it and it’s still my favorite show now. I watched all the Marvel movies chronologically in April 2020. I’m absolutely in love with Marvel.
    I have not seen any DC movies.
    Just watched the Flash finale last night.
    I started out with DC and I’m glad, because I don’t think I could go from Marvel to DC and like it as much.
    Sorry for the book.

• Been hooked on Marvel movies since RDJ showed up as the billionaire playboy philanthropist. Haven't watched any TV shows, just the movies. Usually see them at the theatre on opening weekend, except Dr. Strange, Captain Marvel and Spiderman.

DC lost me with Clooney and Kilmer as Batman in the 90s. And now Ben Affleck. No. No. No. Just Say NO!

• My favorite superhero is Captain America and coming in second is Batman so my number one is Marvel and my second is DC 👍 ☺️

• I loved Marvel through Phase III but in my opinion they really went downhill after that. Dr. Strange is one of my favorite characters but the multiverse of madness was just a hot mess. Way too much CGI (even for a superhero movie) and a very choppy, incoherent storyline.

The Marvel shows were even worse with poor quality CGI in She-Hulk. It’s is like they bypassed the “B team” and went straight to the “C team” for the writing and production of the shows - no where near the quality of their movies.

• I only really like Agents of SHIELD of Marvel’s tv shows. I have not really liked any other shows. The movies are FIRE though.

• They both have their merits. I lean toward Marvel overall simply because DC reboots everything every few years (try to read one of their character encyclopedia -- it's a mess), which leaves the impression editorial really has no clue what they're doing. Marvel's sliding timescale can get a little bit ridiculous at times, but they have at least made an effort to maintain some kind of continuity over the years.

DC's television is way more better than their films, because they gave the TV over to people who love the characters and the genre and the movies to someone (Snyder) who just does not. We'll see if Gunn makes things any better.

• My personal opinion: Marvel has the better movies, DC has the better villains

• As a self professed nerd of many things, I actually don't care for any of these comics or films.

• I have actively avoided all DC films, making only an exception for Aqua Man, since I have the biggest crush on Jason Momoa haha. I personally enjoy Marvel films and watch a lot of the shows. Marvel really has nailed down their movie franchise. Unfortunately, DC is just baldy copying. I do enjoy a lot of the stand alone DC films though.

• I kinda like both as far as movies, comic books and animated movies go, my son is more into DC though. 😊

• @w8ed_blanket Lol.😆 I can't blame you there, Jason Momoa is something to see. 😍My crush is probably worse than yours, during the Game Of Thrones craze I only bought the first season and chose to avoid buying anymore. Lol...Let me tell ya why.

Because his character "died" during the first season...Boy, was I shocked and livid when I watched that happened.😠🤯

Lol! 😁
    But I understand, it happens, anywhoo... 😜🤪

Thanks to my mother buying up the entire GOT series (at some point) I was able to borrow hers and finish watching the series that way.😉
    Yep, anyone ever ask WHY I have ONLY THE FIRST SEASON of Game Of Thrones and not the others (of course, I doubt anyone will ask or even care😉). My answer is will be:

"Because Khal Drago (hope I'm spelling that correctly, btw 🙇) doesn't survive past season one and I just can't allow such "blasphemy" to exist amongst my grand dvd collection. Jason Momoa deserved better, dagnabbit!"

😆😆😆

Lol! So I understand and respect your Jason Momoa crush.😍

• Marvel movies and series, for the win. From the first Iron Man, the arc of the Avengers to End-Game, the nature of grief and loss in WandaVision, Thor's transformation and Hel on Earth in Ragnorak, Loki and his many selves, Spiderman and the poignant meeting of his selves, and the meeting of magic and the multiverse in Dr. Strange. The X--men contingent with Xavier, Storm, Cyclops, Wolverine, not to mention their nemesis Magneto, Mystique, etc, are distant second for me.

But DC and their 50 billion versions of Superman and Batman make me cringe. There were very few exceptions: Christopher Reeves as the perfectly strong but naïve Superman, Heath Ledger as the Joker, Arnold Schwarzenegger as Mr. Freeze (KIDDING!), Wonder Woman (all of it), and Aquaman (because Jason Mamoa).

• I was Wonder Woman multiple times for Halloween as a kid & still a big fan. I watch the old show once in awhile still. Love Linda Carter and Gal Gadot is phenomenal. What I wouldn't do to own a lasso of truth some days...

• Grew up reading Marvel with my uncle. Only liked Batman from DC. Same with the movies until Ben Affleck played Batman. Not a fan.

• @Lisa123 - To me Lynda Carter will always be THE Wonder Woman. I was 9 years old when her TV show started and 13 when it ended. I was infatuated with her and looked forward to each and every episode. 😂

• I've been a fan of both marvel & dc since before there was an army of movies being shoved out, largely because of Spider-Man & Batman. Never thought something like the MCU was possible when I was a kid. Felt like a dream. I've watched all the movies from both sides and Marvel is certainly more organized.

Though, I have to admit, I'm feeling a little tapped out on keeping up with everything...

Tbh, neither movie franchise is really grabbing me right now. I'm more excited for stand alone projects like Spider-Verse, Joker 2, and & the new Spider-Man game coming out this year. Everything else is just product being shoved out of a machine.

• Between Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Transformers, I've been reading more Indy comics in the past decade or so than Marvel and DC combined.