Museums!!! Museums!!!! Museums!!!!

Greetings to all the cuddlers!

I have been doing a lot of museum hopping recently and found some cool stuff that I didn't get to share here in the community. Here are some photos that I want to share and please share some photos of anything that caught your eye in any museums. If you don't have any photos, you can also discuss here your story/experience at museums or museums you wish to visit in the future.

Comments

• Wow, that’s some amazing stuff. Thank you for sharing. I haven’t been to a museum in a very long time but I would definitely be interested in visiting a video game museum.

• @lonelytauros That sounds really cool! I have never been to a video game museum, but the closest that I have visited a long time ago as a teenager is the Museum of moving image. That museum is soooo cool!!!!! I highly recommend people to go there to see what people do behind the scenes when working on films and you can play video games there too!! I have a long list of museums that I want to visit. I will share only one of them that is in my bucket list is the spy museum. I am so fascinated by spies, their style, fashion, tech, etc. I never visited there and would love to go!

• We have a toy and character museum up near me. Great fun -- toys and games and lunchboxes, etc., dating back to the 1940s.

• @WriterGF That is soooo cooL!!!!! I love the simpsons!!! :D Who is your favorite character?

• I have a lot of favorites ... I especially love seeing toys and stuff there I had as a kid. I couldn't believe they had the Land of the Giants lunchbox I had in first grade.

• Wait, what? Bunch of giant lunch boxes? That sounds like heaven!! I would definitely love to see all the nice toys & figurines there too!! :D

• I like taking in museums as I travel.
    If any motor heads here, if you ever get near Ocala, Florida be sure to stop by Don Garrett’s place. Next to I-75
    I’m sure the few trolls on here will call me a war monger, lol, I have been to many Air Force museums and even been to the Dochau
    Prison camp in Germany. Have been inside 3 WW II subs, the York Town aircraft carrier and a few battleships. Can’t even count the car museums, the Henry Ford was a great one. I got to fly 2 museum quality WW II planes, a P-40 Warhawk and a T-6, and got a ride in a B-17 and a DC-3
    Looking forward to many more as I plan more RV road trips in the future

• @waynewv That sounds soo cool and adventurous! I went to only one aviation museum here in NYC and would definitely love to visit more in different places. A prsion camp in germany? woahh!! Flew some planes and look at exotic cars? That sounds really fun!! I wish to see photos on your adventures and I bet they look awesome!!! Thank you so much for sharing your experiences at museums.

• @CuddleBarista1 Well, if you are ever up this way, I will take you. It's the Barker Character, Comic and Cartoon Museum in Cheshire, CT.

• @WriterGF That is so nice of you! <3 I never been to the museum before and would love to go someday with you! :D

• @CuddleBarista1 Place is a joy. Not very big but SO much to see.

• @WriterGF The incredible hulk!!!! I see a bunch of lunch boxes, action figures, books, and pins!! I would probably be tempted to buy a lot of stuff there! Sometimes small places can be hidden gems and nice places to visit. They should also be recognized as well as the big ones. :)

• I live in Chicago and just north of us is the Volo auto Museum. Just about many if not all of the cars are for sale, but there are a couple barns of them. As well as about 30 movie vehicles like vehicles using Ghostbusters and knight rider and such. They also have a couple barns of antiques with stuff for sale. I think they have one barn with military vehicles. I went over 10 years ago and I had a very fun time. I’ve also been to Minnesota once for the covert Museum Of design when they had a collection of comic book toys from the 60s up to present from different people I believe. I want to say that was a temporary showing and that was really cool to see, that was about 5 years ago or more. Then Chicago has its art, museums and history, Museum, as well as Museum of science and history and such. I haven’t been to a regular museum since the titanic craze of the 90s.

• For those coming to Rose-Co-Cuddles in August there is a motorcycle museum on east side of town …

• [Deleted User]Mman (deleted user)
    edited June 2023

There was a Scrabble Museum near me but it was burglarized recently. I am lost for words.

• @CuddleBarista1 , most of the pictures are in photo albums as it was before I Phones. I do have the planes in my phone

• I’m trying to convince my friend to go to the biggest museum here in the city with me.

@HumbleBaron that's gorgeous, who is it by?

• I’m hoping to visit COSM sometime
    https://www.cosm.org/

• @waynewv So many cool planes!!!!! I didn't get to see some of those planes in the interprid sea,air,space musuem in NYC. There is a way to show album photos by scanning them and saving it on the computer as images. I used to do that when I was younger before smart phones was a thing. All up to you once again, but thank you so much for sharing!!! :D

@PrettyLuv When you mean by the biggest museum, do you mean the MET museum at 5th ave? Coincidentally, I booked tickets to go this Saturday to the MET Cloister museum and I am sooo freaking excited to see the European artwork that Rockefeller collected.

• [Deleted User]Mman (deleted user)

Museums are great places to spend some leisure time. The Van Gogh museum in Amsterdam is a favorite of mine.

• @CuddleBarista1 yes! The MET. It’s my favorite of all the museums here. So vast, and so much to discover reaching back in time like that. love it

• UofU has a cool museum of natural history, been to it many times idt there's much places to cuddle there lol without dinosaurs and such staring back at you. I really want to go to the Smithsonian Museum where Kronosaurus Queenslandicus is.

• Former museum employee here- so many in New York to discuss my thoughts on! Pay as you wish days would b best for those that like high foot traffic socializing.

• [Deleted User]QueensCurryPuff (deleted user)

Berlin has an island of museums and it was so enchanting

• @PrettyLuv Sounds awesome!!!! Hopefully you can share some photos here if you wish and hope you enjoy your visit to the musuem! :D @CelestialTouch Sounds like cool list of musuems that you have listed! I would definitely love to see fossils and dinosaur bones in the museum. @sleepysiren that sounds really cool that you used to work at a museum. I wonder what kind of perks did you guys get for working in the museum? (i.e. discounts for gift shops, free museum visits, etc.) @QueensCurryPuff I was googling around museums in Berlin and they look beautiful and have so much story & history!!! Do you have any favorite museum that stood out to you the most there?

• @BoomerSpooner I learned something new. Never heard of the musuem and thank you for sharing! Must be spooky!

• @CuddleBarista1 It is actually informative, interesting, spooky and repulsive sometimes all at the same time. Kevorkian’s death machine is in there, training films for autopsies, etc, etc

• I regret not taking the photo of the rocky statue that I saw in candytopia. I had to find it by google search to find a picture of him and I wish to rewind back and listen to my photographer when he asked me if I wanted to take a picture with rocky. Look at the beautiful artwork that all the details are made out of candy.