Ideal travel location

if you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?

Comments

• Cambodia is first on my list. I want to go see the Buddhist Temples. I think it'd be an awesome cultural experience too!

• I would travel to Hell to see what living on planet Earth will feel like in a few years after Miami and New Orleans are gone and the North Pole climate is moderate.

• I would love to take a cross-country train trip for sightseeing. I’ve always wanted to do this.

• edited June 2023

These would be return visits but it’s been decades…
    Keswick in the Lake District and Cornwall. In UK. I need that beauty and peacefulness in my life right now. I hope those places haven’t changed a lot.

• [Deleted User]CharlesInWI (deleted user)

Morocco was lovely, but almost anywhere on the Mediterranean is my kind of place.

• A remote beach with good waves for body surfing/boogie boarding.

• My kid and I are amateur paleontologists. One day we want to go to Antartica to see the penguins, of course, but also see the fossilized remains of the tropical rainforest that existed there millions of years ago when the South pole was warm.

Here at home, most of Texas used to be underwater, so it's easy to find shells and small fossil impressions in the rock almost anywhere we go. These things can also be found where excavation for road construction is occuring. (just visit when nobody is working!)

• edited June 2023

I can't think of an ideal location, been all over the US and to a handful of places around the globe....still have many more place I'd like to go. Victoria Falls maybe....now that would be an adventure

• @carrieanne they haven't, except that there are even more people.

• Scotland. Breathe in the Highlands, visit the castles, explore the incredible old villages and walk hand-in-hand along the River Clyde with a dear old friend from there.

• Italy. It’s just breathtaking and peaceful.

• The paradise city where the grass is green, and the girls are pretty

• Are you a Bot?

• edited June 2023

@TxTom
    Ross island Antartica has a vast cache of fossils, even the big ones, which is probably the tip of the iceburg with what Antartica really was back then. We'll never know I guess until Antartica melts away...

• [Deleted User]Mman (deleted user)

• @SoftHugsnWell I went to the Lake Como area on my honeymoon 19 years ago....it was breathtaking. Took a day trip into Switzerland as well. Rode Horses, enjoyed the quant town.....what a fantastic trip.