Bot Accounts

It's crazy how many Fake or bot accounts there are here in NY. Has anyone had any luck in NY?

Comments

• How do you know they're fake accounts?

• My sympathies. How many do you think you have reported?

• edited June 2023

I believe it. With high quality fake photos, chatgpt, & so many other deception tools I’m surprised it doesn’t happen more often.

• [Deleted User]Kuddle6 (deleted user)

I'm not sure what the purpose of a bot account is. What would it do?

• @Kuddle6 - Scam as many people as possible in a short amount of time. They have gotten so sophisticated now that they can carry on a believable conversation. Have you checked out ChatGPT?

• @Kuddle6 It would virtual cuddle. Which is why I don't.

• @Mike403 Are they scamming by posing as pros? Otherwise, how are they getting money off anyone on here?

• Bot accounts? I've rarely seen any bot accounts here. We've recently had the the 1 time were several accounts of site members who were using the same login info from another site (or multiple sites) had their credentials compromised on the other site/sites. Someone used those compromised logins trying for valid accounts here on CC to start spamming malicious links to site members, but other than that, CC doesn't really see bots like you're talking about.

Typically you're more likely to see scammers here, sometimes untagged Pros asking for money, some register and become Pros, but they do tend to aim to get you to send money or to take the conversation off the site as early as possible. CashApp, Venmo (kinda), Zelle, and gift cards are the most common ones they'll ask you to use for sending them money before blocking you or trying to delete the account before getting banned.

• @WriterGF - I can't tell what they're doing here, but they seem to be very common on dating sites. They'll contact a bunch of people at once and carry on multiple conversations at the same time and eventually make up a story about why they need to "borrow" money.

• @Mike403 Oh, sure, date scammers are rife on Match and other places. Have been for years. It's over a $1 billion business just in Russia alone. My favorite of all the ones I met was the one who said she worked for the UN and that she was stranded in Europe and needed money to get home ... cause, you know, the UN can't fly their employees out of places.

• edited June 2023

I read this title wrong and thought why on earth would bats have accounts and who are they cuddling

• @pmvines Batman is not amused by this gross injustice. It’s almost as bad as the Ben Affleck casting decision.

• @CuddleDuncan Should we report 18 year olds looking for a sugar daddy? .... nvm I just did
    I feel bad, economy is tough, inflation is high.

• edited June 2023

@Sooson, yes. I know what you mean though, I've felt bad when reporting somebody more than once. I wish such people well .... just not here.

But I'm with @netrunner, I don't think I've ever seen a confirmed bot account here myself. Scammers, yes. And a significant number of people who join to see what this place is about and then leave quite quickly.