Colorado people, who is excited for the re-opening of Casa Bonita?

It was featured on an episode of South Park and now the creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone bought the restaurant after the previous owners filed for bankruptcy. The purchase price was only $3.1 million compared to the $40 million they spent to renovate it and fix it up. It will take a long time for them to even break even. They said they wanted to save the place due to it being a well known Denver landmark that many people(including them) remember from childhood.

Comments

• Omg I want to go there so bad (because of South Park haha) I had such a great time in Colorado, this is definitely gonna make me return. I’ll probably fly out there next time instead of drive though 😅

• Lol wait when does it open... Cause I need to go 😆😆😆

• @MissAdventurous - They are open to invites only right now(people who sign up on their EMail list). Those who are invited can purchase tickets for $39.99 per adult and $24.99 per child... It includes food and non-alcoholic beverages. (Alcohol can be purchased for extra)

• [Deleted User]CharlesInWI (deleted user)

Make sure to order the Cheesey Poof Nachos!

• I love Casa Bonita! So many cool memories from childhood, and adulthood, as well.

Last time I tried to go there, unfortunately, I found out that you have to purchase a meal to get in, and they did not offer any vegan options, so we didn't end up choosing to make that strange purchase, as my boyfriend and I are both vegan. Hopefully they will have vegan options when they reopen to the public!

I have been by the area a couple times already, during my trip here to Colorado, and it's been fun to see it, again.

Such a memorable building. I always remember the humidity as soon as you walk inside, and the smell of the food. Their sopapillas were the best! I loved when they added the scary cave with the light-up skull, and of course the cliff divers are unforgettable. I remember being scared to death by the gorilla, when I was very, very little. Will definitely be returning for some new experiences and souvenirs, on my next trip!

Colorado peeps, let's schedule a group trip, maybe this fall when the crowds have thinned out a bit? I'll be here in October and would adore going here with you guys!

~ Sunset Snuggles

• @SunsetSnuggles - Here is the new menu:

• edited June 2023

I hear it was like a carnival with terrible food so if they get the menu on point I'll definitely give it a try next time I'm there

• I guess they hired a renown chef?

• I would love too. South Park is a classic.

• [Deleted User]Mman (deleted user)

I have never been there. Going to do it this year.

• As an Evergreenite…I love Mr.’s Parker and Stone.
    Their send up of a teacher we all had is beyond hilarious!!!
    As for Casa Bonita…it should be a national landmark in my opinion.
    Furthermore…if I recall correctly…they had multiple iterations of painters involved in trying to get just the right shade of what ironically called Pepto Bismol pink. ‘Gotta love that dedication.

• The food is supposed to be much better. They used to have lines out the door when they served diarrhea inducing dog food.

• I love South Park and it is so neat that the creators chose to do this. Rich people that use their money for good are awesome. That menu has green chile on it so the food will be just fine. Even the first thing on the kid's menu sounds good.

• Very much so. I haven't been there since I was a kid (maybe 10 y.o. ??) I'd love to relive my memories there and actually try the food which I hear is supposed to be decent now 🤣 @SunsetSnuggles they do indeed have one vegan option! Maybe more with modifications. A fellow vegan friend of mine tried it during their soft opening and said he liked it.

• @raphael Yay! Let's do eeeet.

~ Sunset Snuggles

• I used to LOVE going to this place with my family when I was younger, so glad to hear they are re-opening!

• I’ll plan on going, but I’m gonna wait a few months for the crowds and the craziness to subside. I’m fairly new to Colorado, and I’ve never been there before. I’ve been hearing all the hype since the bankruptcy and sale, and all the anticipation about the renovation and re-opening.

• This just popped up on my reddit

• Good. Tipping is out of control.

• Lol that subject is worth a thread of its own tho I can see it getting ugly realy fast

• That looks so cool! Colorado sometimes makes me wonder why I moved to Wyoming lol

• It's been open for months for only invited guests(picked from their email list). I still haven't gotten the invite. It's like an exclusive club at this point.

• Takes time to train divers. It’s a “soft” opening. And after throwing 30mil at it plus renovating I’d want to get it right too.

• I always figured they just hired the local college swim team.

~ Sunset Snuggles

🦄 Enthusiast 🏞 Travel Fiend 🐘 Animal Lover

• edited September 2023

OMG! It's awesome! My brother got an invite for a group to celebrate his and his wife's b-days and I got to go too!

It's EVERYTHING they promised! They restored it to it's original grandeur, but better ☺️

You order your food at the table, and it's definitely an improvement on their food in the past. They re-vamped the decor to be brighter and less gaudy, but the right amount of gaudy (if that makes sense?). And even kept most of the original Black Barts Cave! With a nod to SP and even Team America 😅
    The caves with dining tables are still there to poke around in ....and most importantly ....CLIFF DIVERS! They have the red suits and I think even the same music plays 🎶🎶
    The drinks are pretty good, but they are strict about cutting people off LOL
    They also still have the old timey photo place!
    Here's the only pics I got. The rest of the time I was trying to take it all in!

• @RedFox16 Thanks for the insider deets and shots! So fun!

~ Sunset Snuggles

• Do you have to dive off a rock in order to eat? or is that a show ?

• @Minestrone101 You have to dive if you want access to the bar. Audience applause determines how many adult beverages you can get. Needless to say, women get pretty drunk. The guy in the gorilla suit has to do CPR now and then when they don't pop back up from under the water.

~ Sunset Snuggles