Colorado people, who is excited for the re-opening of Casa Bonita?

2ยป

Comments

• @SunsetSnuggles Must be some floating beans or tortillas in the lagoon. lol

• " lol " looks like a person drowning.

• @Minestrone101 ๐Ÿคฃ Thank God I'm lying.

~ Sunset Snuggles

๐Ÿฆ„ Enthusiast ๐Ÿž Travel Fiend ๐Ÿ˜ Animal Lover

• edited January 29

I finally got the email to purchase tickets. I think I can take a few guests. I never have anyone to do things with so I will likely be going alone, but Im still excited to check it out.

It feels like a South Park episode where Cartman buys a theme park using inheritance money but doesn't allow anyone but himself in which drives up demand then other businesses attempt the same tactic.

• @Mike403 Yay, congratulations!! I signed up with like three e-mail accounts and still no love. ๐Ÿ˜†

~ Sunset Snuggles

"Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better man." ~ Benjamin Franklin

• This is the South Park episode that comes to mind:

• 2 person minimum to buy tickets. I guess I can't go.

• If I lived close I would go with you @Mike403 and pay for everything. I think it would be fun to go with you, plus it's Mexican, plus you like South Park :)

• Wow I can't believe this came up! I remember this place from when I was a child, too! Back then, my primary fear in LIFE was the BOTTOMLESS PIT with the rickity rope bridge suspended over it! I refused to go near it, let alone cross until my older sister became annoyed with me, went and stood on the bridge, and put her foot down to touch the bottom....of the...bottomless....pit. ๐Ÿ˜’๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ It's like a core memory, but I'd forgotten what the restaurant was called until I saw it here. Thanks for the throwback post! ๐Ÿ˜

• I finally was able to make it inside the pink palace and left with a pretty cool snow globe from the gift shop.

• There's now a Root Beer bar inside Casa Bonita that services the most overpriced Root Beer. $10 per mug, no free refills.

• Thanks for sharing! Iโ€™ll be visiting Denver next month and have signed up for tickets. ๐Ÿ˜‚

• @Mike403 Cute snowglobe! How was the food, any different? Did they change the cave? Is the light-up skull still there?

~ Sunset Snuggles

• @SunsetSnuggles - Food was better. Nothing spectacular. It wouldn't be worth $40 under normal circumstances but you're paying to be in a Disney-land like atmosphere. The cave was nice. They really cleaned it up. The puppet show was funny. It made fun of the old food their used to have.

• @Mike403 Oh for sure, the experience is what you're paying for. I was so bummed a year or two ago when I went there with my mom and my boyfriend and you couldn't buy your way in without a meal (they didn't have any vegan options at all, at the time). So happy they've got options, now! Really stoked to see the place, sometime.

~ Sunset Snuggles