What would you be if...?

What would you be if you were a dog and/or a cat? If you think a separate category is necessary I can respect that. Leave comments down below. Curious to the responses.

Comments

• My black cats have apparently rub off on me over the years 😅 I love dogs too, and have a bit of golden retriever personality at times, but definitely a cat

• Well, even if I were a dog, I'd still want to experience my lifelong dream of being an astronaut, so I guess I'd be Laika.

Though that would be tragic.

• edited June 2023

I would be a Samoyed, aka smiling Sam. I adopted 2 from a rescue many years ago, love the breed. Sams are sled dogs and herders, they were known to sleep with their people to provide warmth/blanketing. Loyal and loving, my beautiful floofy boys would walk away from a ribeye dinner if I brought out their leash. No words needed.
    Walkies w/mom (nobody else LOL) > food!!!

• Id be a housecat. Attention on demand, food on demand, long naps, daily massages, can knock stuff off tables and people like you even when you're an asshole.

• I took a quiz to see what dog I am. Didn’t realize how cute I would be.

• @Bear Absolutely! Perfect snuggles!

• I would be a cat....a snow leopard cat 😹

• A snaggle toothed alley cat that eats garbage and has to fight for survival, but has a.really soft side and will flop onto his back for scratches if you're nice to him

• @pmvines I thought that was already you??

• I love the outdoors too much to be an indoor anything. I would have to go with either lion or mountain lion.

• I'd be a very large grey dog with flappy ears, tusks, and a trunk.

• @pmvines there are two cats I've known that you remind me of:

Popeye is a semi-stray neighborhood cat that my ex's dad ended up taking in. He's a raggedy tabby of unknown age with one eye and one ear have chewn off, and the most craggily meow I've ever heard. But despite that he's super friendly, walks right up to people, loves pets, was getting fed by several homes. He'd wait in the driveway for me to get home from work because he loved my belly rubs 💖 my ex's dad took him in and made him mostly indoors after he got an infection.

Pirate was an all black cat at a rescue I volunteered at that I wanted to adopt soooooo badly.... But I already had 2 black cats in a small space and he was special needs (fast forward 10ish years and I have 3 black cats in an even smaller space, two of whom are considered special needs 🙃😅). Pirate was aptly named because he had one eye, one ear, and 3 legs. Though not that old, he'd seen some shit. He was super affectionate though and wanted all the pets. I was so, so mad people weren't adopting him (people are stupidly weird about adopting black cats, thus why all of mine are black). I unfortunately don't know what happened to him, but I know the rescue would at least have taken care of him 😔