Heavy Rock

Favorite band?

Comments

• Led Zeppelin

• UFO & Van Halen. I love both bands through ALL of their personnel changes.

• Metallica

• Not exactly a band but my favorite musical artists is Two Steps From Hell. They are more of a orchestra / rock sound and they do a lot of “epic” sound tracks for movies.

• As a spiritual seeker who also love some heavy music, there is no finer band than Tool! The depth in their lyrics as well as the fun they have with time signatures make for some great listening!
    Can’t go wrong with Metallica tho! Does Rage count?
    I saw a video suggesting that agro rock is good for the mind. (Probably BS but I’m accepting it as truth!) ;)

• [Deleted User]Kuddle6 (deleted user)

@EthanNeedsHeld I rather prefer "A Perfect Circle" to "Tool". Either way, Maynard is a true poet! Yes, "Rage" counts! 💚💜💚

• Queens of the stone age

• @Kuddle6 i need to make a little more room for Perfect Circle. I just can’t get past Tool! But hear hear to the Maynard as poet comment! Truth!

• edited June 2023

Way too much to name as a favorite, especially with all the daily new music coming out but....My favorite of all time has and always will be Acid Bath, second Black Dahlia Murder, third is anything with Max Cavalera ( Sepultura , Nailbomb, Soulfly, Cavalera Conspiracy , Go Ahead and Die , etc. )

• edited June 2023

I'm not a big fan of heavy rock but like certain songs from Rush, Iron Maiden, Metallica, etc. Being a bass player, I have a huge respect for classic rock, blues, pop and even disco of the 1960's, 1970's and 1980's which is what I grew up with. But I am a super fan of Primus because in my humble opinion, Les Claypool is by far the best and certainly most unique bassist of our time.

• Iron Maiden has always seemed to be one of the most intellectual bands to me. It was "The Rime of the Ancient Mariner" that really got me into metal. Sabaton is good, especially if you like military history. I don't care for Therion's earliest stuff, but they eventually became opera metal, which I usually enjoy listening to. There's so many good bands, I can't keep them all in my head. But I'll also mention Twisted Sister, Metal Church, Helloween, Kamelot, Epica, and Delain. With an additional mention of Battlelore, whose songs are based on Lord of the Rings. I like their first two albums, then it became a bit too growly for me.

• [Deleted User]Mman (deleted user)

Judas Priest, Megadeath

• [Deleted User]cuduzahug42 (deleted user)

Im more a fan of the genre. Faith No More, Chevelle, Alice in Chains, Rammstein and more

• For hard rock, Metallica, hands down.

• @MrAdmirer I remember in high-school seeing Primus live along with Anthrax, Public Enemy, and YBT. The energy and sound system was amazing. I befriended the bass player for an old thrash band called Rigor Mortis , and he considered Les to be a big inspiration too, and would sit in his apartment smoking weed and playing them on bass until the neighbors would threaten him . Oh the memories.

• Does AC/DC qualify as such?

• Kenny G and the Amish Orchestra of PA

• Overall Korn. Hands down. Skipknot next…’vermilion ‘ especially. deftones (but only for Change in the House of Flies. My fav song of all time.) A Perfect Circle for “Judith” 2nd fav song.

• Too many for me to pick as a favorite...Yeah, so the ones that I have enjoyed listening to over the years: Metallica, Queensryche, Korn, Disturbed, Twisted Sister, Quiet Riot, Marilyn Manson, Danzig, Ozzy Osborne, Black Sabbath, Def Leppard, Nirvana, Pantera, Nine Inch Nails, Motley Cru, Hole, Kiss, Saliva, Rob Zombie, Aerosmith, Bad Company, AC/DC...Yeah, too many to pick as a favorite for me. Lol!😆

• 🎶 Linkin Park 🎶

• @pmvines I would have loved to have been around the SF Bay area in the 1990's for the music scene when bands like Primus, RHCP, Fishbone, Faith No More, etc were making waves. I'm fortunate now to live in an area where Primus continues to tour and my apartment is filled with Primus tours posters to shows I've been to since I moved here. You are spot on about the sound system. They have it down to a science you can hear every instrument. I hate when I go to shows and the bass is either too low in the mix or it just sounds like a loud hiss.

Not sure if you have ever looked at my profile but I have a picture of me playing bass in my college dorm room and another picture of me with Les Claypool from a 2018 tour. I'm actually seeing him again this October.

• Credit James and Lars for getting rid of Dave. They are responsible for Megadeth. =) =)

• Thin Lizzy

They even wrote a song about cuddling;

Now some men like the fishin' and some men like the fowlin'
    And some men like to hear the cannon ball a-roarin'
    And me, I like sleepin', 'specially in my Molly's chamber
    But here I am in prison, here I am with a ball and chain yeah

• I listen to way too many, but my top 6 (can't choose just one) are Megadeth, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Overkill, Death, and The Commander In Chief.