Absolutely not a relevant discussion

Just for the sake of variety, ever set your microwave to 90 seconds instead of 1min 30 seconds?

Comments

• Hah! I actually do both. Although it is quicker to type two digits instead of 3.

• I just hit the 30 second reheat button three times myself

• 😁 @w8ed_blanket
    Just dont run it empty for 5min 47 seconds, it was an accident that didn't turn out well, nothing blew up or anything but it took a minute to figure out where all the smoke came from 🤣

• edited June 2023

@pmvines ditto
    I tend to hit the add 30 button for any less than a minute or any odd number cook time.
    This is one of the most relevant and important discussions because we might do it daily.

• If there's nothing in there to absorb the energy, that energy is gonna eventually make it's way back to the magnetron and cook itself.

• Mine actually has a knob, so there’s not an option for me to choose. 🤣

• @pmvines @carrieanne I'm a 30 sec buttoner too

• Had to go look at mine, no add 30 second button 😪 I'm devastated 😥

• I hit the 1 button and the 30 second button.

~ Sunset Snuggles

• 30 second button here too!

• I clearly do not know how to use a microwave. These options are new and overwhelming .

• edited June 2023

@stormydaycuddle
    I feel bad about overwhelming you but the newer microwaves have the “add 30 seconds” button and other cool “1 button” stuff because who has time to hit the 3 and 0 and start cook. 3 buttons vs 1.
    There’ are popcorn, baked potatoe buttons also. Possibilities are endless!
    Also i have a special mouse for my computer that saves on clicking, one click button for a double click! 1 click for copy/paste etc.
    I’ve probably added at least 5 minutes to my life!

• @stormydaycuddle @carrieanne - The directions on how to use my microwave was unclear. I have a tree growing out of it.

• @Mike403
    But did the tree start as something you were trying to microwave?? Like a fig or maybe apple seeds??

• If it's exactly 1:30, I'll use 90sec, otherwise I'll type it out. My microwave doesn't have a 30 sec button but does have a "add time" button which adds 10sec... But that means hitting the button a whole lot extra to reach higher amounts so rarely worth it unless I'm literally adding time to something already heating.

• Hahaha! @carrieanne i think my microwave woes are more about not paying attention to settings at all. I put in 2 mins then wait for 1:30

• I banned myself from microwaves after a fire dept visit. Nuking can be very dangerous; evidently, cooking/heating times change when the wattage changes. Lesson learned! It's best for world peace and safety if I just say nopers! 🤣😂

• Why does my microwave have a popcorn button, but my popcorn's popping instructions instructs me not to use the popcorn button?

• @TxTom - I use the popcorn button anyway. I feel like such a rebel.

• Absolutely not a relevant response: I don't own/use a microwave.

• @Mike403 Well, that's a relief you're still here. I was afraid I was being tested by temptation with the popcorn button, just like the forbidden fruit from the Tree of Knowledge of good and evil.

• @TxTom I know, right? The things we have to put up with! 🥴

~ Sunset Snuggles

• Ok I had to do a double take there. Two digits is "ss" while three to four digits is "mm:ss". I felt really dumb there for a moment.

• Il will do 90. Sometimes I’ll do 88, because it’s easier to punch the same number twice.

• 88? Great Scott!

Sometimes you can prank someone by asking them to microwave something for 100 seconds, and complain when it finishes in 1 minute.

• edited June 2023

@carrieanne I have a gaming mouse with 16 buttons all key bound and with macros.... Its probably taken 10 years of my life.

• Really? Which brand or name? I would love to see it. I definitely think it will save your hands. I got mine after carpal tunnel surgery and permanent nerve damage from drawing, etc on a computer for so many years.
    It cuts the amount of clicking in half.

• @carrieanne Razor gaming mice. Its so you can cast spells in video games quickly and in rapid order. Logitec also sells them as well as a few others.

• [Deleted User]PeacefulWarmth (deleted user)

Interesting.. 90 seconds is a great new idea! Thanks lol.

• edited June 2023

I really want to be a billionaire. I mean I really want to, so I can do things like produce a range of microwave ovens - excellent quality and very affordable - where the timings are all multiples of π.

The companion luxury range will feature multiples of Euler's number e

It goes almost without saying that the ratio of length to height of the microwave will be 1.618, the Golden Ratio.